Discuss Android apps here.
Jan 28th, 2013, 8:42 pm
Password managers for your Android...

So, you have a personal e-mail account, an official e-mail account, accounts on social networking sites, cloud storage, accounts on online shopping sites, bank accounts, and are an active member of several forums. Now, that’s too many passwords to remember, and the worst you could do is assigning the same password for all accounts and hamper their security. Mobile apps, which have been built for almost every purpose, have some nifty options that could serve as password managers. If you are an Android user, then there are several password managing apps, which will ensure that you don't have to bother to remember many passwords and keep your data safe and secure at the same time. We have listed out the password managers for Android users released on mobilism.org - (source)

Click on a name to view the different versions - last update on top - of a specific application. (You need to be registered and online to view the links).

Dashlane
    Dashlane is one of our favorite password managers, and the new Dashlane Android app brings the same secure password management tools, your password vault, and form auto-fill for online stores and other sites right to your Android phone.
    Dashlane already has an iOS app, and the new Android app offers the same features. Current Dashlane users get complete access to their password vault on the go, so you don't have to remember the long, secure passwords that Dashlane creates for you when you need to log in somewhere on your phone. Plus, all of the personal information stored in your account is available, so if you need to create an account with a new site or change a password on the go, you can do so easily. The app even has an independent pin lock so you don't have to worry about someone getting into your vault if you lose your phone.

KeePassDroid
    KeePass is an extremely popular and favoured password manager, and its Android app version is called KeePassDroid. It is considered as one of the best open source apps and is quick to install and very effective. Users can get started by keying in a password to access the encrypted and password protected database where all your login data is stored. All passwords are hidden behind asterisks, but users get the option to temporarily see them. In case of inactivity, KeePassDroid will automatically logout the user. Users can copy usernames/ passwords onto the clipboard for easy pasting while creating the database. Moreover, it has the ability to automatically clear the clipboard after a username or password has been copied. If you are looking for a simple yet effective password manager without any bells and whistles then we think the KeePassDroid is a must-have.

Keeper
    Keeper is a solid app for storing usernames and passwords on a single Android device, but that's about it. It lacks features offered for free by password manager apps LastPass and Dashlane, such as form fillers, complex logins, multi-device syncing, and cloud backup. Keeper does offer one of the more user-friendly interfaces for a mobile password manager, so hopefully it'll add steak to its sizzle.

NOT ALLOWED
    NOT ALLOWED is a combination of password manager and digital wallet. The highlight of NOT ALLOWED is its password generator that creates unguessable passwords, and the auto-lock that protects the app from prying eyes. It comes with the Sync Everywhere cloud data protection architecture along with auto-backup facility and e-mail attachment backups. It ropes in 256-bit Blowfish encryption to protect personal information. Those who are concerned about data security in case the phone is lost or stolen can opt for the self-destruct option, which will be implemented if a hacker attempts to guess your password. The Android interface for NOT ALLOWED is neat. It has over 250 icons to personalise your records, such as banking, credit cards, usernames, and e-mail passwords, and store the username and password for each. It has 17 standard templates for quick data entry, and comes with integrated search, sort, and collapsible section headers and groups to categorise your records.

LastPass
    LastPass is yet another popular password manager, quick to install, and easy to use. Once you create a LastPass account, it is truly the ‘'last password that users need to remember’'. The LastPass Android app was completely updated earlier this year with a UI overhaul, free credit monitoring, and the ability to add documents, PDF files, images and voice recordings as attachments. The user interface is now easier to access with faster start-up and encrypted attachments. Some of its highlights are secure password generator, built-in browser that automatically fills your login info for each LastPass site saved, and also automatically fills forms on all sites. Lastpass offers a 14-day trial to its users, and then one will have to opt for the premium version.

Password Safe Pro
    PasswordSafe Pro for Android is protected by a master password that is the only thing that you must remember. This application allow you to save all your password in one place. Once entered in the application you can define groups and for each group you can save your password data For each password item you can save title, group, user name, password, and notes. With this application you can make, rename, and delete groups of password, insert new password and select group, import password data from XML, settings preferences to choose your layout, and set the flag for aout-export.

SplashID
    SplashID Safe is a password manager that serves as sensitive data vault to securely store all your personal information. It covers an extensive range of record types or categories and backs up of all your important passwords, registration codes, e-mail settings, insurance, prescriptions and more. The SplashId Android app can be synced with PC/ Mac using its desktop software, which is sold separately. SplashId also employs 256-bit Blowfish encryption along with field masking for sensitive data such as passwords, customisable field label, and has a Dedupe tool to search and delete duplicate items. The feature-loaded SplashID is a solid password manager. The only hiccup, like with some other password managers, is its steep price.

SafeWallet
    The SafeWallet is one of the simplest, easiest ways to manage passwords and secure your data, be it e-mail accounts, bank details, different sites or services. (There is a card for each option). It stores all your passwords in one place by encrypting them as 256-bit data. It also comes with support for Dropbox syncing. What we liked is its multiple platform support such as desktops (PC/ Mac) and mobile, and its ability to keep passwords in complete sync with other devices. The interface is straightforward and has created two separate folders to manage your personal and official work. You can further create more folders and add cards too. This application is available at a nominal charge and you can use the 12-day trial version before buying it.

RoboForm
    RoboForm makes logging into Web sites and filling forms faster, easier, and more secure. RoboForm memorizes and securely stores each user name and password the first time you log into a site, then automatically supplies them when you return. RoboForm's Logins feature eliminates the manual steps of logging into any online account. With just one click RoboForm will navigate to a Web site, enter your username and password and click the submit button for you. Completing long registration or checkout forms is also a breeze. Simply click on your RoboForm Identity and RoboForm fills-in the entire form for you. You no longer need to remember all your passwords. You remember one Master Password, and RoboForm remembers the rest. This allows you to use stronger passwords, making your online experience more secure. RoboForm uses strong AES encryption for complete data security.

1Password
    1Password saves Web usernames and passwords as well as a variety of other information, including license, social security, credit card and software serial numbers directly within the app. 1Password uses its own built-in browser to store login information for each site visited, and once entered, credentials will always be remembered. Data is locked behind a customizable four-digit unlock code and a master password that must be entered each time the browser is launched. It also supports browser extensions for Safari, Camino, Firefox, OmniWeb, DEVONagent, NetNewsWire, Netscape Navigator and Flock. All browser extensions share the data stored within the app.

Crypto – Password Manager
    Online Crypto Passwords is a secure online password manager. All the encryption and decryption operations are done within your mobile, using your master password. Online Crypto uses Google accounts for authentication and Google server(s) and infrastructure for hosting your encrypted data, therefore you can access your passwords by visiting http://www.onlinecrypto.com as well. Internet connectivity is required for this application to work. Neither Online Crypto or Google are able to view your data because neither of them have access to your master password. Features:. Encrypted data is saved in the Google server(s) and accessible from anywhere. 256 AES Encryption (NSA approved for top secret information). Instant searching.

Safe in cloud
    The self-billed "best password manager for Android Ice Cream Sandwich phones and tablets," Safe In Cloud delivers on its promise, keeping your passwords, card numbers, and other info safe using 256-bit AES encrypted databases storable in your choice of cloud services: Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box.The first thing you'll notice about Safe In Cloud is its incredibly clean, slick, Ice Creamified interface which makes navigation and overall functionality an absolute pleasure. Even if you aren't ready to commit to Safe's $1.99 price tag just yet, this is an app to keep an eye on, as the developers provide frequent updates and have promised Windows and Mac OS companion apps will come "later this year."

Universal Password Manager
    Universal Password Manager is a simple password management app for Android. Equipped with AES encryption, you can secure the app itself with a master password. You can store your usernames, passwords, and URLs in the app without having to give the app exclusive access to the Internet.

Is this list complete? Something released on this site, but missing in the list? Post here the name + link. Post here your comments! Do you use a password manager yourself? Which one do you prefer? Do you trust it? Comment, please. We want to hear from you!

Also, don't forget to check the other Android application lists, and don't hesitate to jump in with your comments! We w... yes, we do. ;)

Enjoy!.
Jan 28th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Jan 30th, 2013, 2:52 pm
Jan 30th, 2013, 2:52 pm

Feb 1st, 2013, 11:37 pm
Thank you, vinipuh7.

Crypto – Password Manager added to the list.
Feb 1st, 2013, 11:37 pm

Mar 31st, 2013, 7:43 am
I've been using 1Password for a few years now. I love how it integrates easily between my mac and my android. Its easy to use on both platforms and is very safe and solid.
Mar 31st, 2013, 7:43 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Need help? Just ask me ;)
Apr 5th, 2013, 1:26 pm
Thank you "Guy1731" for brief information of sharing password manager applications. I am using 1Password application in my galaxy s2.
Apr 5th, 2013, 1:26 pm
Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:15 am
I wonder that there are these many apps for password assistance and the way you have explained it is just awesome. Clean and neat points with consistent explanation.
Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:15 am
Sep 21st, 2013, 6:51 am
I've been a fan of SplashID for years. Worth every penny!
Sep 21st, 2013, 6:51 am
Sep 22nd, 2013, 9:44 pm
I've been using SPB Wallet. It was available for the Android/iOS for a while, then it got taken off the marketplace/itunes - no idea why.
But I use it both on my Android and iOS. Syncs wallets with gmail easily.
You can find SPB Wallet 2.2 apks or 2.1 ipas easily by googling.
Sep 22nd, 2013, 9:44 pm
Sep 29th, 2013, 7:22 pm
I needed a password manager that syncs between PC and Android. Not only do I want it to store website logins, but also other critical information, like bank account and CC numbers, etc.

I love the look of Safe in Cloud, but the PC software leaves a lot to be desired in terms of setting your own categories. Also, no browser integration.

1Password has many preconfigured categories, but doesn't allow customization.

KeePass is the most configurable, but at the time I was testing, there were no good Android apps for the 1.2 version.

In the end, I settled for 1Password because of ease of use, Dropbox sync and great Firefox integration. KeePassDroid has recently added KeePass 1.2 compatibility and would have been my first choice if not for the fact that the Firefox extension(s) were terrible.
Sep 29th, 2013, 7:22 pm
Nov 2nd, 2013, 4:27 pm
I have been using Keeper on all my devices (IOS, Android).
Nov 2nd, 2013, 4:27 pm
Apr 10th, 2014, 3:57 am
Keepass for many years, on pc or on phone.
Apr 10th, 2014, 3:57 am