Other OS emulators, game system emulators and any other emulator software
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:22 am
Has anyone tried this on the droid/milestone.

I started Tekken 3, THPS2 and Doom.

Tekken 3 and THPS2 seem to be running @fluent 5-10 frames (from what i can judge) and Doom doesn't launch (probably a ROM problem)

Anyone else got better results?
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:22 am
Jul 27th, 2010, 4:12 pm
Converter by surferpr

Quick tip, you can use IceTea to compress the iso or bin files to psp eboot files which the emulator also runs. This also make some games work a little better. On some games I can go from 650mb to 500mb.

Download:
http://www.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applications/icetea-v13.html
Jul 27th, 2010, 4:12 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jul 27th, 2010, 4:55 pm
guys version 1.1 is on the market, anyone willing to dump it?
Jul 27th, 2010, 4:55 pm
Jul 27th, 2010, 5:49 pm
Hook/\hzorr wrote:Converter by surferpr

Quick tip, you can use IceTea to compress the iso or bin files to psp eboot files which the emulator also runs. This also make some games work a little better. On some games I can go from 650mb to 500mb.

Download:
http://www.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applications/icetea-v13.html

so this also improves performance (and saves space). I gotta try that.
Jul 27th, 2010, 5:49 pm
Jul 27th, 2010, 5:56 pm
lovin it! works great on my N1. thank you for the upload :)
Jul 27th, 2010, 5:56 pm
Jul 27th, 2010, 6:39 pm
amazing - nice upload

thanx for this :D :D :D
Jul 27th, 2010, 6:39 pm
Jul 27th, 2010, 10:36 pm
Thank You for this and @Hook/\hzorr thank you IceTea.

Got QuakeII and Final Doom as well as a few others running quite nicely on an Incredible.
Jul 27th, 2010, 10:36 pm
Jul 27th, 2010, 10:37 pm
intersys wrote:Thank You for this and @Hook/\hzorr thank you IceTea.

Got QuakeII and Final Doom as well as a few others running quite nicely on an Incredible.

I cant take credit for that i just moved it over here from a duplicate post credit goes to: surferpr
Jul 27th, 2010, 10:37 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jul 28th, 2010, 3:59 am
this seems to have great potential. for the record, i can't get re3 or mgs to play. i did manage to get gt to play, but the sound is unbearable and it plays slowly. the psx emu on the psp is waaaay better. it's great for...nothing really. native apps for the android such as asphalt/nova/ect. are better.
Jul 28th, 2010, 3:59 am
Jul 28th, 2010, 11:58 pm
ph4tb33tz wrote:this seems to have great potential. for the record, i can't get re3 or mgs to play. i did manage to get gt to play, but the sound is unbearable and it plays slowly. the psx emu on the psp is waaaay better. it's great for...nothing really. native apps for the android such as asphalt/nova/ect. are better.

Like every early emulator ever, some games work better than others. "Great for nothing" :roll: Why not contribute towards the compatibility wiki, where you can add your own findings and find games that will work.

Code: Select allhttp://psx4droid.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page
Jul 28th, 2010, 11:58 pm
Jul 29th, 2010, 2:19 am
first mega upload link is working fine
Jul 29th, 2010, 2:19 am
Jul 30th, 2010, 4:22 am
OFI wrote:
ph4tb33tz wrote:this seems to have great potential. for the record, i can't get re3 or mgs to play. i did manage to get gt to play, but the sound is unbearable and it plays slowly. the psx emu on the psp is waaaay better. it's great for...nothing really. native apps for the android such as asphalt/nova/ect. are better.

Like every early emulator ever, some games work better than others. "Great for nothing" :roll: Why not contribute towards the compatibility wiki, where you can add your own findings and find games that will work.

Code: Select allhttp://psx4droid.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page

get off your high horse and stop preaching. i'm not going to contribute because i'm not obligated to contribute.

that post is for the people here in the forums. if i felt like doing what you said then i would've already done that. my post is a quick and dirty review of the program. take it with a grain of salt, some may like the quirky kinks, others may not.
Jul 30th, 2010, 4:22 am
Jul 30th, 2010, 11:18 am
Persona 2: Game loads but froze when the start menu begins to load
Suikoden: Game loaded fine, walked around for a couple seconds but that's all tested
Tactics Ogre - Let us Cling Together: Game loaded, was a little bit slow, couldn't continue after setting up character but that might have been cause I changed the keys while the game was running (keyboard)
Digimon World: Game ran fine, at an almost normal speed level. Played for about 10 mins.

All these were tested on my milestone with the Screen refresh rate set to 30 and sound off. (Using the hardware keyboard and fullscreen)
Jul 30th, 2010, 11:18 am