Dictionaries, encyclopedias
Oct 15th, 2013, 10:43 am
Vocalizer TTS v1.02 - Nuance 40 Languages!
Requirements: Android 2.0+ or higher
Overview TTS driver for Vocalizer Voices. Vocalizer is a text to speech engine written by Nuance Communications, Inc. It is included as a standard TTS engine on iOS devices, and can be purchased for others such as the free NVDA screen reader. The speech quality is very natural, allowing for anyone to understand good quality speech at even high speeds. Several variants exist of one voice, ranging from compact to premium high.

Included Apk file does NOT come from Nuance,the driver is made by some Hungarians, please study the included readme-file inside the download.

These offer a wide range of sizes - from 650 kilobytes to over 400 megabytes for the premium high voices. Please note that compact voices do not work for this text to speech engine.
Vocalizer also supports over 50 languages, all of which can easily be integrated into the tts engine by copying files onto your device's SD card. This allows for a multilingual experience, giving the opportunity for those in other countries to use something better than Pico.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download this file that contains the Apk and folder structure to copy to your SD card:
(Samantha US voice included)

Then go to here and download additional voices.
https://vocalizer-nvda.com/old/en/downloads.htm

After download, rename the file extension .nvda-addon to .zip so you can open it with
Your archive program.
Follow the instructions in my download how to proceed.

After some tinkering you can also use the “New” voices from this link:

https://vocalizer-nvda.com/downloads

This is truly an awesome find, no more Online SVox validation crap!

This app has no advertisements

More Info:
Code: Select allN/A

Download Instructions:
http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/5885901/file.html

Mirrors:
https://rapidgator.net/file/a15cbdc98c3b ... d.zip.html
http://usefile.com/udxddhm1g3t7/vocalizer_tts_for_android.zip.html
Oct 15th, 2013, 10:43 am
Oct 15th, 2013, 1:14 pm
thanks for nice post but if u can help how to install other languauge voice...find some diffuculty in knowing which files to copy and how to manage..thanks in advance
Oct 15th, 2013, 1:14 pm
Oct 15th, 2013, 1:21 pm
Please edit this release according to the "How to Post a Release" Sticky. Your release will not get categorized until this is done.

Please fix this, your release will not be categorized until this is done. Once you have edited the release please click on the Image beneath the post, select "Edited Release," and submit.
Oct 15th, 2013, 1:21 pm

I retired from moderating Android. Thanks to raindrops, Mr FuFu, XVI, jimking & verdasco. We'll see us :)
Oct 15th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Inside the zip file, you will find 4 files. A readme instructions, a folder named Nuance, and 2 .apk files. Each are clearly marked, indicating which one you should install.
If you are running gingerbread or below, install the gingerbread APK file. If you are using ICS (icecream sandwich) and above, install the ICS tts file. Please note that the two are not compatible with each other. Should you make a mistake, you will need to uninstall the vocalizer or nuance TTS engine and re-install the correct one for your device's Android version.

Before installing the .apk file, make sure "unknown sources" is checked in your settings>security section of your device. Without this, the installation will be blocked. On gingerbread and below, the setting is in development, not security.

There are several ways of installing this .apk file. Here are a few.
less advanced method:

Connect your phone or tablet to your computer. It should appear in your computer, but if not, you might have to access your notification center and "enable USB Mass Storage mode" manually. Each phone is different, so be sure to consult your phone's documentation for the correct way of accessing the SD card. An SD card is required for this TTS to work. If you don't have one, don't worry;Some phones, such as the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Droid line, include a built-in SD card which to Android appears as a real physical media. This means that you do not need to buy an SD card, because a "virtual" one is already made by Android.
To make sure you have an SD card, just go into storage under settings and see if it lists two sets of drives. Again, on phones without an SD slot, you can ignore this as your phone will treat the built-in storage as its sd card.

Once your phone is in your computer, open it up. Copy the entire Nuance folder onto the root (main folder) of the SD card. This will install the English Samantha voice. See the section below for obtaining/installing other voices.
Also copy the .apk file appropriate for your device.
Next, disconnect. You will need to use a file manager to access the .apk file. If you don't have one, I recommend Astro, as it's pretty good for file navigation. It is on the play store, as a free app. Using astro, after accepting all the prompts, simply click on the .apk file. Astro will open your SD card by default, so if you placed the .apk in the main SD card folder, it will be in the list right away.

Once you have installed everything, simply go into settings> language and input > text to speech output. Select Vocalizer (or Nuance) tts, and it should speak right away.

To change voice from the included Samantha to another one or language, read the full instructions inside the zip file.
Oct 15th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Oct 15th, 2013, 2:56 pm
I saw your report, but please check the linked template. Thank you.
Oct 15th, 2013, 2:56 pm

I retired from moderating Android. Thanks to raindrops, Mr FuFu, XVI, jimking & verdasco. We'll see us :)
Oct 15th, 2013, 3:44 pm
MickyFoley wrote:I saw your report, but please check the linked template. Thank you.

Sorry for the newbie post :oops:

I think it is totally according to your template now.
If not, please give me a hint at what is wrong.
Oct 15th, 2013, 3:44 pm
Oct 15th, 2013, 4:26 pm
Requirements and overview shouldn't be underlined.

Missing download instructions under code section. Download links should be placed there.
Oct 15th, 2013, 4:26 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Oct 15th, 2013, 4:33 pm
thanks for ur answer. seem other languages have problem in installation especially arabic(premium voices..) the voice show in Vocalizer but not working..seem imiss somthing
Oct 15th, 2013, 4:33 pm
Oct 15th, 2013, 5:15 pm
Edited by me. Next time, do it yourself.
Oct 15th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Oct 15th, 2013, 5:16 pm
Edited by me. Please check the form and next time edit it yourself.
Oct 15th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Oct 15th, 2013, 5:35 pm
darkness1414 wrote:thanks for ur answer. seem other languages have problem in installation especially arabic(premium voices..) the voice show in Vocalizer but not working..seem imiss somthing

It is stated that only US voice included. Go to site listed in additional info to download the voice you are needing.
Oct 15th, 2013, 5:35 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Oct 15th, 2013, 9:19 pm
Hey dobbelina,

First, thank you for this great post!

I did as you explain in the "!readme.txt" file and I get it working.
The English language is working if I hit test. (1, 2, 3.)

I have one little problem.

I want to add a language. "Claire nl_NL - Dutch (Netherlands) Premium High"
I've downloaded the file from "https://vocalizer-nvda.com/downloads" and extracted it as a zip file.

This is what I've done:

nuance\languages\dun\speech\components\clc_dun_cfg3.dat
nuance\languages\dun\speech\components\clc_dun_claire_cfg3.dat
nuance\languages\dun\speech\components\synth_claire_full_vssq5_f22.dat
nuance\languages\dun\speech\components\uselect_claire_full.dat

nuance\languages\dun\speech\vautov5\ve_pipeline_dun_claire_22_full_vssq5f22.hdr

I placed the folder in the root of the SDcard.

The app is installed and I can see it. In settings I set the path to the right folder.
My language is visable. But when I select the language that I want, there is no voice.
My Choices are : English
English (United States)
English (United States, Samantha 1)
Dutch
Dutch (Netherlands)
Dutch (Netherlands, Claire 1)

I've tried them all. Only the English voices are working.

Am I missing something or do I something wrong?

Please help.

Edit: I figured it out myself. If I download the file from "https://vocalizer-nvda.com/old/en/downloads.htm" than it works. :D

Strange that the new ones are not working. :?
Oct 15th, 2013, 9:19 pm
Oct 16th, 2013, 4:57 am
ic3y83 wrote:nuance\languages\dun\speech\vautov5\ve_pipeline_dun_claire_22_full_vssq5f22.hdr

Try renaming the above file to:
vauto_pipeline_dun_claire_22_full_vssq5f22.hdr

I haven't used the "Premium High" but Plus version
of the new voices successfully.
Also, try to delete the Samantha voice and keep the one you are interested in only.

Then in settings, you might have to toggle a few times between 2 different engines (Pico,Nuance) to get it going.
Oct 16th, 2013, 4:57 am
Oct 16th, 2013, 7:16 am
Yea the Plus version is not even nearly as good as the Premium High. If you listen to the demo they have on their website. The Premium high is closer to Ivona TTS.

Hope you guys find a way to make the Premium High work, sticking with Ivona
Oct 16th, 2013, 7:16 am