GPS applications, rather than GPS navigation software
Mar 14th, 2017, 7:40 pm
Crashes on search (period) as mentioned before.
Mar 14th, 2017, 7:40 pm
Mar 14th, 2017, 7:53 pm
morvay wrote:
nikoski wrote:Searching for an address does not work on my device: when typing to the search field on top of the app no map is shown to select (although under options/maps downloaded).
Could somebody confirm?
Since Sygic v17.x they introduced new SEARCH engine. Basically what they did, is that it doesn't give you option to choose from country, then select city, then street...etc. Since v17.x you can type an address (street name) straight into "search box", and if such a street name exists in more than one country, it will give you a list of your searched street in all countries/maps you have installed on your device, and then you can choose the one you're looking for (in your preferred country).

I know, this is annoying and I hate it. But... I managed to find a workaround, how to get the old "search style" (by country, city, street...etc.) All you have to do is to download Vatican City map 2016.09 (it is small, only 1MB) and put it in the MAP folder together with your other maps. This will bring back the old "search" style.
All your other maps can be most recent versions, e.g. TA 2016.12.

Good luck. :)
You're the man! :-)
I played with navigation long enough and tried to manage old search style.
It is useful for route preview. In new Sygic I cannot find this. Maybe this was removed I don't know. Here maps ("Nokia") work that way too I think - asks for current position and only after that - shows the route.
Just for info - and you probably tried this too - version 2016.10 won't work. :)
Mar 14th, 2017, 7:53 pm
Mar 15th, 2017, 3:04 am
MraMaria wrote:Crashes on search (period) as mentioned before.

Having this issue as well.

Using version 16.4.12 without issue though.
Mar 15th, 2017, 3:04 am
Mar 15th, 2017, 5:26 pm
For some reason when I try to search anything, the app force closes. I have deleted and redownloaded my maps and it still does it.
Mar 15th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Mar 15th, 2017, 9:01 pm
I don't have the crash with v17.01. haven't installed v17.02 yet.
Mar 15th, 2017, 9:01 pm
Mar 16th, 2017, 6:27 pm
In one cell i'm getting traffic update because i downloaded map from update on other cell i copied files and no traffic update ?

Can any one help me ........Thanks
Mar 16th, 2017, 6:27 pm