Missing Sync For Android 1.5 (3333)
The Missing Sync for Android allows you to link your Mac to your Android phone - HTC Hero, Motorola Droid, Google Nexus One and many others. The Missing Sync for Android is the best all-in-one sync solution that helps you get the most from the features of your phone.
Keep contacts in sync wirelessly via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Transfer music, ringtones, photos, files, and videos fast with a USB cable. The Missing Sync will make it easy to use your information and media files on an Android phone - and take them wherever you go.
Keep contacts in sync between Address Book or Entourage on your Mac and your Android phone.
Take your favorite music with you. Sync playlists of tunes to your Android phone from iTunes.*
Save pictures you take with the camera on your phone to your computer, or to and from iPhoto.
Video and Home Movies:
The Missing Sync converts and transfers digital video and movies for optimum viewing on your phone.
Docs and Files:
For school. For work. PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. Sync them all, then view them on your phone.
Create ringtones from your favorite songs using the built-in editor.* Or, use included ringtones to customize your Android phone.Version 1.5.0
- Added support for USB syncing of all data types for Android 2.2 and later devices. (This feature uses USB tethering, so your device must support tethering in order to use this feature. Some carriers have removed the tethering feature in Android 2.2.)
- The music plugin now offers the option to reduce the bitrate of synced music to save space on the device.
- Resolved an issue that could cause unused playlists to remain in the music player.
- The photo plugin now has an option to reduce photo resolution to fit the device screen size.
- Added the option to sync custom file types via the music plugin.
- Improved sync logging for Music plugin.
- The main app now quits after a proximity sync if it wasn't running originally.
- Known Issues
- Syncing large amounts of media via USB tethering may timeout. Workaround: Sync music over USB with the device card mounted.
- When syncing via tethered USB, if tapping the sync option doesn't show the USB option, turn the device off/on and try again.
- Sync error when desktop overwrites handheld syncing 900+ notes. "you referenced the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them" may appear when syncing a subscribed calendar. Please see this Knowledge Base Article for more information.
- Unable to sync via USB tethering with Secure HTTPS option turned on. Workaround: Use WiFi syncing for HTTPS.
- Syncing Media plugins over Bluetooth is unreliable. Workaround: Mount the card via USB for fastest and best results.
- PPC / Intel
- Mac OS X 10.5.6 or later
- iTunes 7.4 or later required to sync music
- iPhoto 5.0 or later required to sync photos
- iCal 2.0.5 or later
- QuickTime, version 7 or later required to sync video
- Android phone and Mac must be on the same Wi-Fi network to sync contacts
- Internet access required for product registration and device pairing
- Bluetooth contacts syncing requires phone running Android OS 2.0 or later