Swiss Army Knife v1.3.0Requirements:
This app contains a set of tiny tools: a flashlight, a ruler, a timer, a stop watch, a compass a bubble level, a calculator and a magnifying glass
This app contains a set of tiny tools: a flashlight, a ruler, a timer, a stop watch, a compass a bubble level, a calculator and a magnifying glass (Android 2.2+ required)
Each tool does what it is supposed to do. There's no space for special effects like 3d compass, talking level, psychedelic flashlight etc: the goal is to have a lightweight, fast and easy to use set of tools, one "tap" away from your home screen.
This app is half the size of a common "standalone tool" like a compass, a flashlight or a magnifying glass. This way you'll save a lot of disk space. You'll save network consumption too, not only for the first download but for every update too.
It doesn't require network access, the permission to write on your flash memory or the permission to read your contacts.
Suggestions, like new features to implement, new tools etc. are welcome. If you want to contribute a translation, please let us know by sending us an email
If you find a bug, please contact us using the "Report a bug" main menu function.
Note: if you write a comment on the Android Market without sending us an email, it's difficult for us to fix the problem, because usually we need some information (such as smartphone type and version, a way to replicate the problem, etc.)
- Depending on the hardware capabilities of your smartphone, some tools may not be present
- The permission to use the camera is required in order to turn on the camera flash LED. Some smartphones (for instance the Google Nexus S) don't light the flash LED if the camera is not running. If you check the most popular flashlight apps, you'll find out that they all require this permission. Swiss Army Knife doesn't shot any photos, doesn't save multimedia info onto the flash card and doesn't send anything on the internet: it doesn't require the network permission at all.
What's in this version:
- New tool: Mirror (needs front camera and android >= 2.3)
- Level: Now can be used upside down
- Level, Compass: improved rendering on smaller screens
- Timer: Now uses standard notifications system and can run up to four timers simultaneously.
- Flashlight: now you can turn on/off the light using volume buttons
- Stop watch: now you can start, get laptime, stop and reset it by using volume buttons
- Magnifying glass: various improvements
- … Tons of bugfixing and performance improvements!More Info: