All fulfilled requests will be stored here. Paid rewards will appear as locked topics.
Oct 28th, 2014, 10:59 am
lilflip21 wrote:Could someone who is successfully spoofing and able to watch local games be so kind please check in the nhl app go to "settings" then "about" and go down to "resolved location" and see if it says US or if it shows your spoofed locale. No matter what I try even if I tell the app not use location services and have all phone location options gps and wifi off and do a fresh install with all data off on the phone the app still says I am in US.. no idea how without data, gps, or wifi..not to mention the app shouldn't even be checking when I have declined the location option at install...

I checked and the app still finds me at my true location. However using the app Fake GPS allowed me to watch an Oilers home game. I live in Edmonton. Tried the home game, away game and French game. All worked fine. For the record. Location services off. Mock locations allowed.

So how about helping me for a moment? App works on my phone. But on my other device MK808b it boots me back to start screen when attempting live video stream. Archive streams work fine. Any ideas?
Oct 28th, 2014, 10:59 am
Oct 28th, 2014, 9:08 pm
ndtaughthem wrote:I'd appreciate some input from those in the know.

Got the updated app. Thanks so much!

Works like a charm on my phone. However on my mk808b android tv device it attempts to run the video stream - throws me out to android main menu and restarts the NHL app. Over and over again. I'm lost as to why it does this. Last years version worked well on both devices. Any idea?

I have the same issue. The app always force closes when trying to view live video. I thought it had to do with TabletMetrics xposed module, but even disabling that it still crashes.
Oct 28th, 2014, 9:08 pm
Nov 1st, 2014, 1:49 am
Sometimes video streaming problems are because of available memory - the app likes to buffer, and if you are low on memory, it'll crash out.
Nov 1st, 2014, 1:49 am
Nov 2nd, 2014, 4:40 am
lilflip21 wrote:Could someone who is successfully spoofing and able to watch local games be so kind please check in the nhl app go to "settings" then "about" and go down to "resolved location" and see if it says US or if it shows your spoofed locale. No matter what I try even if I tell the app not use location services and have all phone location options gps and wifi off and do a fresh install with all data off on the phone the app still says I am in US.. no idea how without data, gps, or wifi..not to mention the app shouldn't even be checking when I have declined the location option at install...

All games, including local, stream fine on my Kindle Fire HD via WiFi using Orbot; Transparent Proxy to filter only the NHL app, location services disabled in Android settings. Resolved location shows up as 'nl'.

Nov 2nd, 2014, 4:40 am
Nov 2nd, 2014, 5:09 am
Nice thank you.. Orbot is working great maybe a little slower but this is the first time I have gotten my local (blackout) game. Thank you!!!
Nov 2nd, 2014, 5:09 am
Nov 2nd, 2014, 9:49 pm
just to look, is it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhl.gc1112.free&hl=en

this app :?: or wheres the proper link

ok i saw that it is, i'll might know how to unlock this

try http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/12078428/file.html

not sure if it'll work though
Nov 2nd, 2014, 9:49 pm

Welcome to the world Nihon Jr 2016-10-15 08.39pm <3

Currently a bit of here. Sorry
Nov 3rd, 2014, 1:49 am
We have a working version of the app that is subject to blackouts.
Nov 3rd, 2014, 1:49 am
Nov 3rd, 2014, 3:11 pm
what are you trying to say
Nov 3rd, 2014, 3:11 pm

Nov 3rd, 2014, 6:07 pm
I'm not sure if your devices are restricted somehow, but on a Nexus 5 in Canada, the app installs and runs without any hiccups and ANY blackouts whatsoever. Maybe try NOT spoofing your location with third party stuff? The app in this thread is 100% unlocked...
Nov 3rd, 2014, 6:07 pm

- Nexus devices, all day.
Nov 3rd, 2014, 8:37 pm
MitchRapp81 wrote:I'm not sure if your devices are restricted somehow, but on a Nexus 5 in Canada, the app installs and runs without any hiccups and ANY blackouts whatsoever. Maybe try NOT spoofing your location with third party stuff? The app in this thread is 100% unlocked...

whice one
Nov 3rd, 2014, 8:37 pm

Nov 3rd, 2014, 10:50 pm
Let me try to sum somethings up for those just joining to make it easier...

chico82 wrote:Here's the updated app fellas. Just need to login with blank credentials again.

https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1414194468345.apk

There is the link again to newest modded app we have..

For some this is all that is needed just install app click sign in enter nothing hit ok and use it.. Lucky you :)

For others with blackout restrictions on your local game/team like I had you will need to do more..

Make sure you wipe data/cache for the NHL app before trying any of these steps and do it again after any failed attempt a clean fresh start always helps.

Some people had success with Fake GPS Location location apps this didn't work for me I was still blacked out.. So thanks to Substealth2020 the next step then is to try using the TOR app Orbot.

Once Orbot installed you can set it to transparent and only to use it on the NHL app activate it then try to open NHL app again for me this is what fixed my blackout issues.. The NHL app then detected my location as "a1" in settings/about where previously no matter what I tried it always located me as "us".. I used orbot for the first time running NHL app after that I have not needed it anymore I am now able to just run the NHL app as normal without orbot and my location stay a1 and I have no blackout restrictions at all anymore it is great.

To go one step further I am using an old Galaxy S3 as my dedicated streaming phone but the NHL app restricts phones to 1200kbs but tablets get 1600kbps.. well if you want the higher quality I figured out how to get it recognize my phone as tablet. You will need to have Xposed framework installed and then use Xposed App Settings and change the dpi and screen res for just the NHL app so it doesn't effect any others apps on phone but NHL app now detects my phone as a tablet and opens in tablet view and I get a nice 1600kbps stream.. Perfect! Thanks Guys!
Nov 3rd, 2014, 10:50 pm
Nov 4th, 2014, 9:54 pm
lilflip21 wrote:Let me try to sum somethings up for those just joining to make it easier...

chico82 wrote:Here's the updated app fellas. Just need to login with blank credentials again.

https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1414194468345.apk

There is the link again to newest modded app we have..

For some this is all that is needed just install app click sign in enter nothing hit ok and use it.. Lucky you :)

For others with blackout restrictions on your local game/team like I had you will need to do more..

Make sure you wipe data/cache for the NHL app before trying any of these steps and do it again after any failed attempt a clean fresh start always helps.

Some people had success with Fake GPS Location location apps this didn't work for me I was still blacked out.. So thanks to Substealth2020 the next step then is to try using the TOR app Orbot.

Once Orbot installed you can set it to transparent and only to use it on the NHL app activate it then try to open NHL app again for me this is what fixed my blackout issues.. The NHL app then detected my location as "a1" in settings/about where previously no matter what I tried it always located me as "us".. I used orbot for the first time running NHL app after that I have not needed it anymore I am now able to just run the NHL app as normal without orbot and my location stay a1 and I have no blackout restrictions at all anymore it is great.

To go one step further I am using an old Galaxy S3 as my dedicated streaming phone but the NHL app restricts phones to 1200kbs but tablets get 1600kbps.. well if you want the higher quality I figured out how to get it recognize my phone as tablet. You will need to have Xposed framework installed and then use Xposed App Settings and change the dpi and screen res for just the NHL app so it doesn't effect any others apps on phone but NHL app now detects my phone as a tablet and opens in tablet view and I get a nice 1600kbps stream.. Perfect! Thanks Guys!

Well as this was still in req section it was there for I posted app

I'll move this thread and if a new version is out post a new reqreq and I'll merge it
Nov 4th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 am
lilflip21,
Which settings did you use? I am also using a S3.
Thank you I'm advance.
Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 am
Nov 8th, 2014, 11:47 pm
Still getting FC's loading videos. I've wiped dalvic cache, cache, uninstalled, everything but every time I hit a vid stream i get an FC.

Galaxy S3
CM 10.2.1

This app was the main reason I was going to cut the cord!
Nov 8th, 2014, 11:47 pm
Nov 9th, 2014, 3:40 pm
It works very well on my Galaxy S3 - do you have any apps running that would be messing with available memory, etc?
Nov 9th, 2014, 3:40 pm