All fulfilled requests will be stored here. Paid rewards will appear as locked topics.
Jan 4th, 2015, 8:03 am
spent an hour with this thread and others, testing all current and previous apks. got it working on any device. PM for help. requires root and precise instruction comprehension.
Jan 4th, 2015, 8:03 am
Jan 5th, 2015, 8:22 pm
thought I'd get more interest but only none person PMd me lol

anyway, the key here is using Orbot or probably a VPN located outside of your city.

here's what I learned. if u just install the apk, your location will always be resolved as US. this will inevitably result in blackouts. some of you say you don't get blackouts but I have a hard time believing that.

so the goal is to get rid of the US. how do we do that? we use orbot. so begin by clearing the cache and the data for the NHL app you currently have installed. next uninstall the app. I know some steps might not ve necessary but just follow my directions please.

now install orbot from play store. go through the wizard. give it root access. enable the per app feature and select the NHL app.

next, turn orbot on. it will begin and then eventually tell you it is enabled.

next, open NHL app. at login screen, dont enter anything and just press log in or sign in. it will log in successfully because the apk is modified to allow for this. now skip the team selection and just get to the main screen. go to settings. the new location should now be a1. good. now if I'm not mistaken all non local games will run without a hitch. they might have even run without this process, but do it anyway. do me a favor.

ok now, you don't want to play games while orbot is running. if you do, you will get severe buffering. so log out of orbot. end task the NHL app and go back in. location will still be a1. and now with orbot off you will be using your own WiFi or data connection to stream.

but what about blackouts? when playing a local blackout game ull get an error saying no stream available. to fix this we rely on orbot again. close NHL. open orbot. run it. when enabled, open NHL app. next go to the local game. load the live feed. this also is the process for the archived full games for blacked out teams. condensed and highlights versions of streams don't require this entire orbot process. ok so orbot is on. you pressed the live video stream. you see the video is loading... screen.

orbot is slow. but after 15 seconds you will see video pop up. I suggest keeping things at 1200 kpbs or lower. best and fastest results that way. once the video loads for a second, close orbot. but don't press back or anything. just figure out a way to get the swipe down menu so u can click orbot and then exit the program. if u press back u will close the stream and we will be back at square one.

ok so u got orbot closed. now u want to open recent tasks. every device has some form of this. get the list open and click the NHL app. now with orbot closed it will reload that video using your WiFi or data connection. thats it, the game will run. blackout is no longer a problem. but note that you must do this for every blacked out game. doing it just once won't cut it. and if you stop the stream for any reason, you must start the orbot process over. the stream just does a quick location check once loading and orbot is helping us there.

thats it. hope that helps. I watched several games this weekend with no issue. and two were blacked out. NY/NJ/Long Island teams here.
Jan 5th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Jan 5th, 2015, 9:52 pm
Awesome thanks.

I use Location Spoofer Pro set it to another area.
I used Titanium Backup Pro to move Location Spoofer to system so the app doesn't care about it running.

That worked great with last years edition. I'll test it tonight.

Lets go Rangers :)
Jan 5th, 2015, 9:52 pm
Jan 5th, 2015, 11:50 pm
daffy113 wrote:Awesome thanks.

I use Location Spoofer Pro set it to another area.
I used Titanium Backup Pro to move Location Spoofer to system so the app doesn't care about it running.

That worked great with last years edition. I'll test it tonight.

Lets go Rangers :)

see this year location spoofer doesn't help. for blacked out teams, without location spoofer u get an upgrade screen. with it you get an error that there is no feed. trust me I tried every combination of spoofing apps.

I think the real key is to get the location to set to a1. things open up after that
Jan 5th, 2015, 11:50 pm
Jan 7th, 2015, 1:01 am
just tested on the devils/sabres and working fine. everything i confirmed above holds true. looks like u have to actually cleare cache once a day but that's no big deal to me honestly. it defaults back to us for some reason over the course of the day. you can probably restrict the app from accessing the outside world until you are ready to use it again, but either way requires an additional step.
Jan 7th, 2015, 1:01 am
Jan 9th, 2015, 3:20 pm
still alive n kickin. watched both rangers games on wed and Thurs night. no probs. made some more observations. but kinda forgot what they were. it works. period.
Jan 9th, 2015, 3:20 pm
Jan 9th, 2015, 3:22 pm
btw it would be nice if we could get a headcount of who is actually benefitting from this. sometimes with this forum I feel like I'm just talking to a wall
Jan 9th, 2015, 3:22 pm
Jan 9th, 2015, 8:44 pm
I have been having issues with this app, but it seems this latest fix seems to have done the trick from everything I can tell. I will test over the weekend and report back with definite answers...

Thanks
Jan 9th, 2015, 8:44 pm
Jan 9th, 2015, 9:02 pm
blackouts will likely still be an issue
Jan 9th, 2015, 9:02 pm
Jan 10th, 2015, 2:39 am
kramer987 wrote:blackouts will likely still be an issue

i have quit success with hola unblocker. so far it works well for me on blackouts games.
Jan 10th, 2015, 2:39 am
Jan 10th, 2015, 3:42 pm
Using Hola works around blackouts. No issues at all using this app for other games.
Jan 10th, 2015, 3:42 pm
Jan 10th, 2015, 4:00 pm
gfinockio wrote:Using Hola works around blackouts. No issues at all using this app for other games.

see this is why communication is helpful. i'll give hola a try. i have to assume you aren't watching the entire game with HOLA running, right? they can't be providing such a fast free VPN. i'll test on the rangers game tonight though. anything below 1200kpbs isn't really worth watching on the Game Center app in my opinion. 1600 will buffer too much too. 1200 is the sweet spot.
Jan 10th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Jan 17th, 2015, 4:58 am
I've been running the app with Orbot on my phone for weeks now then using Chromecast to mirror it to the TV.....pure sweetness!!

No issues with blackouts either....now I just gotta get this Galaxy Tab S rooted to enjoy on the go!!
Jan 17th, 2015, 4:58 am

"From the very beginning, be unstoppable"
Jan 17th, 2015, 8:04 pm
kramer987 wrote:
gfinockio wrote:Using Hola works around blackouts. No issues at all using this app for other games.

see this is why communication is helpful. i'll give hola a try. i have to assume you aren't watching the entire game with HOLA running, right? they can't be providing such a fast free VPN. i'll test on the rangers game tonight though. anything below 1200kpbs isn't really worth watching on the Game Center app in my opinion. 1600 will buffer too much too. 1200 is the sweet spot.

i use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrzheng.supervpnfree

just for start the nhl app. then i disconnect it. 1600kpbs without problem .
Jan 17th, 2015, 8:04 pm
Jan 18th, 2015, 1:30 am
Orbot wouldn't work on my phone but NHL is working just fine with Hotspotshield .
Jan 18th, 2015, 1:30 am