All fulfilled requests will be stored here. Paid rewards will appear as locked topics.
Jan 21st, 2015, 8:18 pm
RantekInAZ wrote:I've been running the app with Orbot on my phone for weeks now then using Chromecast to mirror it to the TV.....pure sweetness!!

No issues with blackouts either....now I just gotta get this Galaxy Tab S rooted to enjoy on the go!!

Any other options for GS3 Android 4.1.2 to mirror the app to the TV?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ET-H10FAUWESTA?
Jan 21st, 2015, 8:18 pm
Jan 23rd, 2015, 4:21 am
cynflux wrote:
RantekInAZ wrote:I've been running the app with Orbot on my phone for weeks now then using Chromecast to mirror it to the TV.....pure sweetness!!

No issues with blackouts either....now I just gotta get this Galaxy Tab S rooted to enjoy on the go!!

your most versatile bet is going to be a chromecast dongle. thenntou can use it across all devices and mod it too
Jan 23rd, 2015, 4:21 am
Jan 23rd, 2015, 8:37 am
I have only been able to watch a blackout game once... Remember last season when the app worked? That was awesome lol
Jan 23rd, 2015, 8:37 am
Jan 23rd, 2015, 9:12 pm
joshjackson wrote:I have only been able to watch a blackout game once... Remember last season when the app worked? That was awesome lol

I have had no issues when using the app, blackout or not.
Jan 23rd, 2015, 9:12 pm
Jan 24th, 2015, 5:02 pm
lowfive wrote:Couple suggestions for those having trouble with the blackout restrictions:

1) Make sure you are force closing and clearing the NHL app data before spoofing.

2) If you're using the this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incorporateapps.fakegps
I believe it only spoofs GPS location, not Wifi location or network location. Since your phone can use a combination of those to determine location, I recommend going into your phone's settings and forcing it to use only GPS to locate. For my Samsung Galaxy S4 (running a GPE ROM) I go to Settings > Location > Mode > and select Device Only, which has the description "Use GPS to determine your location."

Just wanted to let you guys know that I followed this guy's suggestion and downloaded the app and it did not work. However, after buying the paid version of the app, costs only 2$, I was able to spoof the NHL live app .
The fake gps app has this "expert mode" is what they call it and it can spoof Wifi and Network location, but it requires you to be rooted and make the app system. But this is actually the only app on the market that works this way, trust me, I tested 5 others!

I found some cracked versions on this forum, but they were old and did not work - it either gave me the paid screen or there was no map, so I just went and bought the app - WORTH EVERY PENNY, I must tell you!

Do yourself a favour and buy the app and there will be no hustles with NHL live. You will thank me later!
Jan 24th, 2015, 5:02 pm
Jan 24th, 2015, 6:30 pm
I bought the fake GPS app and don't see the expert mode option. However, just as serious of an issue I downloaded the copy of the NHL app from page 16 Google Drive link and when I hit NHL Game center Live it just says "upgrade" or cancel. Upgrade tells me I have no billing option available. How can I get around that?
Jan 24th, 2015, 6:30 pm
Jan 25th, 2015, 6:10 pm
kramer987 wrote:
cynflux wrote:

your most versatile bet is going to be a chromecast dongle. thenntou can use it across all devices and mod it too

Thanks for the suggestion.
Do you happen to know the required OS version on S3 in order for Chromecast to work?
Jan 25th, 2015, 6:10 pm
Feb 3rd, 2015, 7:11 am
Has anyone had any luck running this app on BlueStacks android emulator?
Feb 3rd, 2015, 7:11 am
Feb 4th, 2015, 10:47 am
On BlueStacks no, but on Genymotion emulator work very well for me.
Feb 4th, 2015, 10:47 am
Feb 4th, 2015, 10:02 pm
I am able to run the app on a rooted version of Bluestacks on a PC.
I start Orbot before I run the app.
I am able to view past games and live games in 1600 kbps, as long as those games does not involve my local team. However, if my local team is playing (home or away games), it gets blacked out on Bluestacks.
I get the message "No live games are scheduled at this time. Please try again later".
I can watch the game a few days later on BlueStacks.
However, I can watch live games of home team as it is happening or the day after on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

I've noticed the following difference between the app's behavior on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Bluestacks.

Resolved Location
Samsung Galaxy S3 = a1
BlueStacks = us

Device Token
Samsung Galaxy S3 = (entry with numbers and letters)
BlueStacks = (blank)

Samsung Galaxy S3 = (same value as Bluestacks)
BlueStacks =(same value as Samsung Galaxy S3)

System Info
Samsung Galaxy S3 = android_4.1.2
BlueStacks = android_4.0.4

I guess this is my only option to watch NHL on a HDTV until I get a MHL cable for Samsung Galaxy S3.
Not even sure if my OS version supports mirroring via MHL cable.

Not sure what else to try to get what is on my phone screen to the HDTV. Heard that chromecast has A LOT of lag when mirroring.
Feb 4th, 2015, 10:02 pm
Mar 24th, 2015, 3:41 pm
Is any one else having issues running this app ? For me it just shuts off as soon as I tap to open.
Mar 24th, 2015, 3:41 pm