Games that do not fit in any of the other categories
Mar 4th, 2010, 1:36 pm
Guitar Hero 5 v1.1.1
Requirements: webOS 1.3.5, WebOS QuickInstall 3.0x
Overview: Crank up the amps, step into the spotlight and prepare to command the stage on your phone. From the #1 videogame franchise, this is the most epic, full band rock'n'roll game on mobile. Unleash your inner rock legend!

Features:
* Rock out to up to 20 of the hottest jaw-dropping tracks from iconic rock bands and drive the crowd into a frenzy on lead guitar,
- bass guitar and drums.
* Featuring songs from :
- Blink 182,
- No Doubt,
- Nirvana,
- Vampire Weekend,
- Sublime, Bush,
- David Bowie and other popular bands.

More Info:
Code: Select allhttp://www.glu.com/
Download Instructions: 1) Install webOSQuickInstall 2) Plug Pre into Desktop via USB 3) Select "Just Charge" 4) Run WebOSQuickInstall 5) Click and Drag the IPK into the install List 6) Press the "Install" button 7) Reboot and you done
http://www.4shared.com/file/UpZVvq--/co ... 1_all.html
Mar 4th, 2010, 1:36 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 2:42 pm
only 4,5 MB?
the install on my Pre backfires, its anything wrong with the ipk file?
Mar 4th, 2010, 2:42 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 3:32 pm
Houmer wrote:only 4,5 MB?
the install on my Pre backfires, its anything wrong with the ipk file?

I installed it again and it worked. The Package size is about 4.8 MB. See here http://www.houseofpalm.com/palm.applica ... 5-ixj.aspx

The Dev Mode must be enabled if you want to install ".ipk" files.
Mar 4th, 2010, 3:32 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 3:55 pm
cryospy wrote:The Dev Mode must be enabled if you want to install ".ipk" files.

hi, yes the dev mode is enabled and i installed some other games without problems.
when i try to install this game with WebOSQuikinstall 3.02 i become an error message.
Strange hmm...

Edit:Error message

Mar 4th, 2010, 3:55 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 4:50 pm
When you get that error in webos, verify your using the latest webos and that your file is complete in its download.

I repacked and rebooted and mine works. Don't know about the original lol.

its a shame I can't fix the reboot crap, the original from palm ipks dont' require reboot.
Mar 4th, 2010, 4:50 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 5:27 pm
+21 WRZ$ reward. Category: Other.

You may update your Release Score now ;)
Mar 4th, 2010, 5:27 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Mar 4th, 2010, 5:58 pm
after I had downloaded this a thirds time, the last time by netload, It is working!
Tahnks =)
Mar 4th, 2010, 5:58 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 6:15 pm
This doesn't work for me either.
Mar 4th, 2010, 6:15 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 6:23 pm
sh03y wrote:This doesn't work for me either.

Which link are you using?

----------
Added a MU link from the netupload & added to mirrors.
Mar 4th, 2010, 6:23 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Mar 4th, 2010, 6:40 pm
OMG!! THX it works!

Only 4,8MB well he download the songs from the internet.
Mar 4th, 2010, 6:40 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 9:13 pm
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMAJL6O2

password = ppcwarez.org

This is a proper repacked ipk, and no need to reboot phone after install, install with webos quick install.
Mar 4th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Post rewarded by Mr FuFu on Mar 4th, 2010, 9:49 pm.
+5 WRZ$ Mirror reward.
Mar 4th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Sorry Guys for the trouble. :( Please report broken links.
Mar 4th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 9:39 pm
cryospy wrote:Sorry Guys for the trouble. :( Please report broken links.

in regards to bad ipks its not your fault, its the original packer.

they use the webos sdk to repack a com.game folder which is completely the wrong way to do things. they should catch the downloaded ipk as it comes down the pipe from the app catalog. the problem with the webos sdk packing is it doesn't apply proper permissions during creation of the ipk so when you install it the game can't run till it restarts and the phone fixes permissions. unfortunatly you can't just create a tar and ipk it up becuase the webos sdk creates a ipk with the proper format for webos to read sucessfully. that was the problem I was running into with earthworm jim. but tis is fixed now ;). i prosume stuff like this will be resolved when the latest sdk comes out with pdk support, wonder if 1.4 supports it yet..
Mar 4th, 2010, 9:39 pm
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:46 pm
Klownicle wrote:

they use the webos sdk to repack a com.game folder which is completely the wrong way to do things. they should catch the downloaded ipk as it comes down the pipe from the app catalog. the problem with the webos sdk packing is it doesn't apply proper permissions during creation of the ipk so when you install it the game can't run till it restarts and the phone fixes permissions. unfortunatly you can't just create a tar and ipk it up becuase the webos sdk creates a ipk with the proper format for webos to read sucessfully. that was the problem I was running into with earthworm jim. but tis is fixed now ;). i prosume stuff like this will be resolved when the latest sdk comes out with pdk support, wonder if 1.4 supports it yet..

I packed some apps with the new 1.4.0 SDK, and still must restart. :(
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:46 pm
Mar 5th, 2010, 3:06 am
cryospy wrote:
Klownicle wrote:

I packed some apps with the new 1.4.0 SDK, and still must restart. :(

Basically to not require restart you need to chmode the game dir 755 "chmod -R 755 *" once its installed. I have created a ipk process that makes a perfect almost 1:1 original ipk using the game folder without the need for a sdk. You just need cygwin, and java installed heh.
Mar 5th, 2010, 3:06 am