Jan 8th, 2013, 7:24 pm
x187 wrote:

Strange, after my last post I did one more thing and guess what, it worked !
I used TomTom 7.450.9030 for WinCE4.2 on my WinCE6.0 NOWADA 2450
Maybe the previous will work also, but for me it is ok now.

This is my code. Solved some errors in it because i noticed that my file didn't copied and deleted the files.
Also the script auto exits the "console panel" (look to image X187 = Launch.exe) which is using a lot of memory.
You have to make sure you don't have unnecessary items running in the background.
Also i use 2 maps, works like a charm.

Code: Select allErrorlevel ("off")
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACUserIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSystemIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSuspend", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattUserIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSystemIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSuspend", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "Drivers\Console", "OutputTo", 1 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\power\state\on", "Flags",0)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ActivityTimers", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", True, True)

Kill ("Launch.exe")   
sleep 100

Delete ("\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\MapSettings.cfg")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Benelux\MapSettings.cfg")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\*.cfg")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Benelux\*.cfg")
sleep 100

Delete ("\StorageCard\Navigator\CurrentMap.dat")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Navigator\UserPatch.dat")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Navigator\*.dat")

sleep 100

XCopy ("\StorageCard\Navigator\MapSettingsBE\*.*", "\StorageCard\Benelux\", TRUE, FALSE)
XCopy ("\StorageCard\Navigator\MapSettingsEU\*.*", "\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\", TRUE, FALSE)

sleep 100

SET SETMEM, "\StorageCard\Navigator\Setmem.exe"

Run (%SETMEM%, "85000")
sleep 100

#Start Navigator
#Run(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TomTom Navigator.exe")

Run("\StorageCard\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe")
Waitfor("TomTom Navigator", 1000)

Kill ("Launch.exe") /// Closes the console panel to have more memory ///

Delete ("\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\*.cfg") ///extra add's to make sure it delete///
Delete ("\StorageCard\Benelux\*.cfg") ///extra add's to make sure it delete///

XCopy ("\StorageCard\Navigator\MapSettingsBE\*.*", "\StorageCard\Benelux\", TRUE, FALSE)
XCopy ("\StorageCard\Navigator\MapSettingsEU\*.*", "\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\", TRUE, FALSE)
/// Xcopy: corrected the errors in syntax like ' ","() which were not allways correct.
/// The TRUE means overwrite when file still exist (when not deleted)
/// FALSE means, don't copy subdirectories

SET SETMEM, "\StorageCard\Navigator\Setmem.exe" //// Setmem.exe in stead of SetMem.exe

Run (%SETMEM%, "85000") //// 85000 is the setting that works for my device!

after all, not three weeks waste of time
If i have some time, i will make youtube movie and file download

Good luck!
Jan 8th, 2013, 7:24 pm
Jan 10th, 2013, 9:00 pm
Bart3s wrote:
x187 wrote:

Strange, after my last post I did one more thing and guess what, it worked !
I used TomTom 7.450.9030 for WinCE4.2 on my WinCE6.0 NOWADA 2450
Maybe the previous will work also, but for me it is ok now.

This is my code. Solved some errors in it because i noticed that my file didn't copied and deleted the files.
Also the script auto exits the "console panel" (look to image X187 = Launch.exe) which is using a lot of memory.
You have to make sure you don't have unnecessary items running in the background.
Also i use 2 maps, works like a charm.

Code: Select allErrorlevel ("off")
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACUserIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSystemIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSuspend", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattUserIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSystemIdle", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSuspend", 0 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\power\state\on", "Flags",0)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ActivityTimers", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle", True, True)
RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", True, True)

Kill ("Launch.exe")   
sleep 100

Delete ("\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\MapSettings.cfg")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Benelux\MapSettings.cfg")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\*.cfg")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Benelux\*.cfg")
sleep 100

Delete ("\StorageCard\Navigator\CurrentMap.dat")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Navigator\UserPatch.dat")
Delete ("\StorageCard\Navigator\*.dat")

sleep 100

sleep 100

SET SETMEM, "\StorageCard\Navigator\Setmem.exe"

Run (%SETMEM%, "85000")
sleep 100

#Start Navigator

Run("\StorageCard\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe")

Kill ("Launch.exe") /// Closes the console panel to have more memory ///

Delete ("\StorageCard\Europe_2GB_870_3391\*.cfg") ///extra add's to make sure it delete///
Delete ("\StorageCard\Benelux\*.cfg") ///extra add's to make sure it delete///

/// Xcopy: corrected the errors in syntax like ' ","() which were not allways correct.
/// The TRUE means overwrite when file still exist (when not deleted)
/// FALSE means, don't copy subdirectories

SET SETMEM, "\StorageCard\Navigator\Setmem.exe" //// Setmem.exe in stead of SetMem.exe

Run (%SETMEM%, "85000") //// 85000 is the setting that works for my device!

after all, not three weeks waste of time
If i have some time, i will make youtube movie and file download

Good luck!

mmm i m getting mad :(

i tried all kind of script, all kind of *.exe, nothing

no one was able to run it on a new mio spirit 695 lm, wince 6.0 and 128 mb ram?

it always give me "not enough memory :evil:

thanks you all for your work!
Jan 10th, 2013, 9:00 pm
Jan 21st, 2013, 9:28 am
Hi severance,

Some things are VERY important.
Be sure that you have a pre defined route planned in your TOMTOM software.
That wil make the .cfg file.

The memory problem is caused by the loading of the map and the roads,
when TOMTOM software starts (about 30 sec). When there is a pre defined road,
Your software doesn't have to think that hard and don't uses all the memory of your device.

Further on when you can make that sure, it is important that you close unnecessary items on your device,
like i told in my previous post to safe memory. So you can safe some extra MB's.
You can close them manually with a wince taskman.exe to test.
When you are sure with of them are useless, you can put them in the script and the script willclose
them automatically when script will run.

Then the last step is to find how many memory tomtom on your device uses.
You have to try every time again 30000, ..., 70000, 71000, 72000, till it works.
In the beginning it is easy, when memory is way to low, it gives message directly.
When it takes seconds before message, you have almost found correct memory amount.

and last but not least... Never give up.

(if i was you, i will try to open taskman on your device, try to findout wich task are useing a lot of memory.)

grts B.
Jan 21st, 2013, 9:28 am
Jan 21st, 2013, 5:42 pm
Bart3s wrote:Hi severance,

Some things are VERY important.
Be sure that you have a pre defined route planned in your TOMTOM software.
That wil make the .cfg file.

The memory problem is caused by the loading of the map and the roads,
when TOMTOM software starts (about 30 sec). When there is a pre defined road,
Your software doesn't have to think that hard and don't uses all the memory of your device.

Further on when you can make that sure, it is important that you close unnecessary items on your device,
like i told in my previous post to safe memory. So you can safe some extra MB's.
You can close them manually with a wince taskman.exe to test.
When you are sure with of them are useless, you can put them in the script and the script willclose
them automatically when script will run.

Then the last step is to find how many memory tomtom on your device uses.
You have to try every time again 30000, ..., 70000, 71000, 72000, till it works.
In the beginning it is easy, when memory is way to low, it gives message directly.
When it takes seconds before message, you have almost found correct memory amount.

and last but not least... Never give up.

(if i was you, i will try to open taskman on your device, try to findout wich task are useing a lot of memory.)

grts B.

mmm sorry i can t try that because i can t open it and plan a route...

i trid every time with 30000, 35000, 40000 and so on add 5000 until 90000, nothig....

i d like to present you my mio spirit :D

thanks again for your help, I will make other attempts
Jan 21st, 2013, 5:42 pm
Apr 12th, 2013, 3:08 pm
Hey everyone,
I am using a Chinese GPS system (WinCE6.0 NOWADA 2450), I followed the instruction and installed TomTom TT7 with Western_and_Central_Europe 2GB 850_2820 map. I set my GPS system to run Storagecard\Navigator\TT7 Navigator.exe
The maps with the system works great, but there are still two issues:
1> There is low battery flashing sign on the bottom right corner. (It is 12v voltage input for the headunit)
2> The voice is cutting off. e.g. It says "after" stoped, then when I near the turning point, it says "turn left".

However, These two problems disappeared when I use the Wince5 Emulator to run TomTom navigator.exe
Please could anyone help me with the problems.
Apr 12th, 2013, 3:08 pm
Apr 19th, 2013, 7:07 am
Hi,

i got the map Europe_1GB_North_905_4800, I use emulater to get the madsetup file, but it keeps telling me the map its not actived.

How to actived the map ?
Apr 19th, 2013, 7:07 am
Apr 21st, 2013, 7:44 pm
Hi guys I am unable to plan a route from within the emulator since it needs a GPS signal. Obviously this is not possible so is there a way to fool the emulator and plan a route

Thanks
Apr 21st, 2013, 7:44 pm
Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:28 pm
gman0104 wrote:Hi guys I am unable to plan a route from within the emulator since it needs a GPS signal. Obviously this is not possible so is there a way to fool the emulator and plan a route

Thanks

Hi, to plan a route you dont need GPS signal, just plan from point A to point B.
Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:28 pm
May 8th, 2013, 3:55 pm
Hi All,

I have also bought an 2din system and everything is working fine for igo8 and sygic 12.1.0.
The strange thing is, when I put this tomtom system on the memory card, it is seen on my computer, but not on the 2din system??. THE IGO8 AND SYGIC yes.

What can I do about this, has copied the files from the 2din (4GB) to an 16GB card, but no navigator directory to see??
Please tell me, how I can make the tomtom directory seeing by the 2din system.

Thanks, John
May 8th, 2013, 3:55 pm
May 14th, 2013, 7:31 am
Hi, Can someone tell me, how to get a directory from wince 6.0, with all the files in it?
Now I have a navfile button on my 2din system, but only see the first dir files and do not know how to scroll here to the lower files??????

Thanks, John
May 14th, 2013, 7:31 am
May 30th, 2013, 12:49 pm
Hi Guys

Everything is working fine for me on my generic Windows CE 6 device (ROM version V.912C.10100.120214.4G) after I followed the instructions on this forum.
There is only one nagging problem and that is my device will suspend after ten minutes if there is no user interaction or in five when the power is not connected. I have tried to reregister the registry settings that were deleted but with no success.
The power setting on Windows CE 6 are all set to never suspend but this appears to be ignored
Has anybody else experienced this and is there a quick fix that I may be overlooking

Thanks gman

Here the registry part of my mscr file

#RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ActivityTimers", True, True)
#RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle", True, True)
#RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle", True, True)
#RegDeleteKey ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", True, True)

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ActivityTimers","Default",0)
RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle","Default",0)
RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle","Default",0)
RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts","Default",0)

RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACUserIdle", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSystemIdle", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "ACSuspend", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattUserIdle", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSystemIdle", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts", "BattSuspend", 0)

RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\power","DisableGwesPowerOff",0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\power","BattPowerOff",0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\power","ExtPowerOff",0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\power","WakeupPowerOff",0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\power","ScreenPowerOff",0)

May 30th, 2013, 12:49 pm
Jun 2nd, 2013, 11:20 am
Hi al
I am using a chinese 1 DIN GPS radio.
Tomtom run like a charm.
I use wince emulator to create a valid "MapSettings.cfg" by plan a route from point A to point B.

WinCe Emulator:
http://dl.free.fr/hGbtubHHd

Here is my config:

Errorlevel ("off")
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Clock", "AutoDST", 1 )
sleep 100
SET SETMEM, "\storagecard\tomtom\SetMem.exe"
Run (%SETMEM%, "70000")
sleep 100
Kill("SetMem.exe")
RunWait("\storagecard\tomtom\TomTomNavigator.exe")
exit
Jun 2nd, 2013, 11:20 am
Jul 14th, 2013, 11:15 am
Is it possible to run a WinCE 6 emulator in Windows 8 (64bit). If so, does anyone know where I can download it.

Thanks
Jul 14th, 2013, 11:15 am
Jul 23rd, 2013, 7:43 am
Hi!!

I´ve actviated my tomtom with my map! I run the TT7.exe and I can choose the idiom, but I can select the voice...ZASSSS "error of memory". This is my script:

Errorlevel ("off")

Kill ("Launch.exe")
sleep 100

Delete ("\Storage Card\Iberia 910.4952\MapSettings.cfg")
sleep 100

Delete ("\Storage Card\TT7.WCE.4.2\CurrentMap.dat")
Delete ("\Storage Card\TT7.WCE.4.2\UserPatch.dat")
#Delete ("\Storage Card\TT7.WCE.4.2\prueba.txt")

sleep 100

XCopy( "\Storage Card\TT7.WCE.4.2\MapSettings\*.*", "\Storage Card\Iberia 910.4952\")

sleep 100

SET SETMEM, "\Storage Card\TT7.WCE.4.2\SetMem.exe"
Run (%SETMEM%, "42000")
sleep 100
Kill("SetMem.exe")

SetVolume (255)

#Start Navigator

RunWait("\Storage Card\TT7.WCE.4.2\TomTom Navigator.exe")
Run("\Storage Card\TT7.WCE.4.2\TomTom Navigator.exe")

Exit

Any idea???

Thanks!!!
Jul 23rd, 2013, 7:43 am
Aug 8th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Hi.

I've an HTC Tytn II, Kaiser with windows mobile 6.1.
With Tom Tom and very old maps installed.
I've downloaded from here this maps "Western_Europe_1GB_910_4952".

Wich is the best and easy way to replace the old maps for this new ones?

I never did this operation so i'm newbie doing this.

Many thanks
Aug 8th, 2013, 5:18 pm