Dec 29th, 2008, 3:27 pm
Is there a way to force Igo8 to stay at full screen brightness at all times no matter what? I know my issue where the backlight doesn't come back on after powering off then on the Mio c310x isn't Igo8's fault (it's something with the stupid unlock I installed) but if there's a way to force Igo8 to constantly be at 100% brightness even if in battery mode, back from suspend mode, whatever, maybe it can help fix my ongoing problem.

The problem is seriously making an otherwise awesome GPS (thanks to you guys) a pain to use.
Dec 29th, 2008, 3:27 pm
Dec 29th, 2008, 3:36 pm
Hi,

i had an older version of IGO... and it was working, i decided to upgrade with this one but i think im missing some files...

i downloaded the nov 13 software only and then downloaded and extracted the maps for US and canada into the content folder but when i launched it it looks like it is mssing language files, voices...etc ( i checked the folders and they were indeed empty)... Is there a separate zip file i need to download to get the missing files?

ps: Like i said i had my older version and probably had those missing files but i deleted them
Thanks
Dec 29th, 2008, 3:36 pm
Dec 29th, 2008, 5:59 pm
a combination of nov13 and nov07 does not work on the htc blackstone, i just spent 4 hours in trials.
the nov07 works fine as it is.
also the no13 works ok, but if you try to change anything you get mad.

@twingo,
could you explain how did you get the combination to work?
and most important, to update iGO?
Dec 29th, 2008, 5:59 pm

htc hd2
laurentius26 leo v 4.5 wwe
Dec 29th, 2008, 6:34 pm
JetMouse,
Can you please let me know one thing. Which version from your first post is the one that will support TTS. I tried Sep25, Nov13 and Nov13 TTS Fixed but none of them worked for TTS. When I select Dave or Susan [whose names show TTS], even the prompt like Turn in .5 miles etc wouldn't appear. Is there anything i m missing ? This is my Sys.Txt

MY DEVICE IS NAVIGON 7100.
THE NONE TTS VOICES WORK FINE

However, TMC never worked for me :( It detected the TMC Device but it just kept of searching for Frequency for TMC and never picked up one. Is this a problem for North America?

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="480_272"

[map]
2dheadup=1

[msnd]
enabled=1
msnd.start=1

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
announce_exit_directions=1
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_road_names=1
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=0
announce_exit_direction=1

[sound]
queue_length=200
Dec 29th, 2008, 6:34 pm
Dec 29th, 2008, 6:57 pm
xtyler91:
Did you check Menu - Navigation - Off-Route Calculation

My original setup was also not checked. When I diverted from my planned route I hear "Off Road" then frozen screen. It was frozen until I touch screen. After off-route calculation is checked I dont have frozen screen.
Dec 29th, 2008, 6:57 pm
Dec 29th, 2008, 10:34 pm
mpmallianz wrote:xtyler91:
Did you check Menu - Navigation - Off-Route Calculation

My original setup was also not checked. When I diverted from my planned route I hear "Off Road" then frozen screen. It was frozen until I touch screen. After off-route calculation is checked I dont have frozen screen.

Yup. The thing is it wouldn't just freeze while driving. It would freeze sometimes right on the menu screen about 5 seconds after it would load. It was very random when it would happen. I went back to the Aug release of 8.3.1 with the video player and all that extra stuff. It works flawlessly thus far and has many more features I wasn't seeing with the 8.3.2 releases. A good example was much more lane assistance and it uses signs for exits not just numbers. I am extremely impressed with it, so much so that I don't plan on changing it unless newer maps are released that don't work with it. I personally recommend it for mio c320 or c520 owners. I remember using the Sept 12 release of 8.3.1 and TTS used to stutter. While using the August release I haven't noticed any stutter. Maybe it's because it was an official release (not really sure). Worth trying out for people having issues with 8.3.2, yes it's a few months older in terms of the release date, but damn it's a lot better.
Dec 29th, 2008, 10:34 pm

Simple Unlock Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/xtyler91/
Dec 29th, 2008, 11:19 pm
uknowsana wrote:JetMouse,
Can you please let me know one thing. Which version from your first post is the one that will support TTS. I tried Sep25, Nov13 and Nov13 TTS Fixed but none of them worked for TTS. When I select Dave or Susan [whose names show TTS], even the prompt like Turn in .5 miles etc wouldn't appear. Is there anything i m missing ? This is my Sys.Txt

However, TMC never worked for me :( It detected the TMC Device but it just kept of searching for Frequency for TMC and never picked up one. Is this a problem for North America?

[msnd]
enabled=1
msnd.start=1

Do you want msnd or tmc? You cannot have it both. If you want msdn (provided by some american
and canadian FM frequencies, you need a lot more msdn sys.txt entries.

for msdn:
Code: Select all[msnd]
; How does msdn work? Movies, Weather, Petrol prices, etc.....
; Set msnd.start=0 to disable
msnd.start=0
msnd.version=1
fw_upgrade.enabled=0
fw_upgrade.image_path="\Storage Card\msnd.firmware.z"

comm.port=4      ; <---- check your tmc/rds com port
comm.thread_priority="normal"
comm.dt_read_write_tmout=0.1
comm.send_frame_retry_limit=3
comm.dt_send_tmout=1.0
comm.dt_alive_tmout=5.0

ui.selected_fuel_type="regular"
ui.fuel_price_limit_low=3.15
ui.fuel_price_limit_high=3.20

cache.tmc.thread_priority="low"
cache.tmc.dt_delete_expired_tmout=3600.0
cache.tmc.dt_max_sleep=3600.0

cache.gas.thread_priority="low"
cache.gas.dt_refresh=3600.0
cache.gas.dt_download_tmout=30.0
cache.gas.allow_unknown=true

cache.movies.thread_priority="low"
cache.movies.dt_refresh=3600.0
cache.movies.dt_download_tmout=30.0

cache.group_message.thread_priority="low"
cache.group_message.dt_expire_check=300.0

cache.weather.local.thread_priority="low"
cache.weather.local.dt_expire_check=300.0

cache.weather.non_local.thread_priority="low"
cache.weather.non_local.dt_expire_check=300.0

cache.weather.alerts.thread_priority="low"
cache.weather.alerts.dt_expire_check=300.0

provider.tmc.dt_check=0.5

for tmc:
[tmc]
enable_flow_icons=0 ;(0) not provided in data.zip yet
events_custom_color=0 ;(0)
enable_flow_events=1 ;(0) not worky yet?
flow_stripe_width=6 ;(6)
flow_stripe_offset=4 ;(0)
flow_stripe_blinking_time=10 ;(0) in secs?
;cache_root="content"
;cache_name="tmc/tmccache"
;new_event_recalc_timeout=5
;changed_event_recalc_timeout=5
;
enable_subscription=1 ;(0) subscibe button in tmc config
port=1 ;means com1
baud=38400
source="gns" ;you need to know the brand
;harman eten galik opentmc2 opentmc1 hyundai samsung amaryllo royaltek gns
auto_detour_calc=0
announce_total_route=1 ;(0) only announce what is in front?
;ignore_all_events=0 ;(0)
;no_events_max_timer=300 ;(300)
;init_on_startup=1

I cannot help you more if this doesn't do the job.

Good luck,

Cheers

edit: you must have tmceventlist.csv in the iGo8 root and you have to let it detect
your TMC receiver in settings > 2nd page > TMC Detect. Is your type of TMC listed in
the harman eten galik opentmc2 opentmc1 hyundai samsung amaryllo royaltek gns?
Set it in the [tmc] section by source="gns" (example). For gns you need gpstmc.dll.
Dunno what dll you need for other types.
Dec 29th, 2008, 11:19 pm

The current laws of physics are like half the alphabet.
Nice words can be made but we are missing the story.
Dec 29th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Hello,
I use the last version of IGO (64873). It's impossible for me to choose a theme : I put all the files in igo8/content/skin but impossible to select "theme" because the button is not active (sorry for my bad English !!) MSND is not active. All of the rest as good working

And tweakradje thanks for the explications about TMC or MSND but it's not working for me ! the logo is not active like the logo GPS ...

Thanks if anybody have an idea.
I use a ETEN M700 and install IGO directly in the SDCARD...
Dec 29th, 2008, 11:38 pm

Polaris (100)... WM6.1 radio 1.65.38.14
Android Froyo (2.2) with NAND and DZO (last Kernel)
TH for all of you... And good news : specific forum for Android Polaris users http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=640
Dec 29th, 2008, 11:41 pm
fbajlo wrote:i have a little problem with this version of iGO on my device. I have Prestigio Geovision 450 PNA with preinstalled iGO 8.3.1xxx and eastern europe maps and the device didn't accept other maps, not on internal memory nor on the sd card. the device is locked and the only way to make it use western europe maps was this: i deleted all files from MobileNavigator folder, copied all files from this iGO 8 release, renamed igo.exe to MobileNavigator.exe and the thing works, but with one major bug... each time i exit iGO i loose all settings i have made (except skin) and each time i start it again it starts with License Agreement...

How can i fix that???

Thanx in advance!!!

Make sure that the maps you are trying to use are for iGO8 R3 (v8.3.x.x) and not for iGO8 R1 (v8.0.x.x).

Beyond that, I can't really help you except for suggesting you in the meanwhile to add the following lines to your sys.txt:
Code: Select all[debug]
skip_eula=1

This should at least save you the pain of scrolling the very long EULA in every iGO8's start.

You can also save many other setting manually in your sys.txt. Please refer to the sys.txt thread for further assistance.
Dec 29th, 2008, 11:41 pm
Dec 30th, 2008, 12:06 am
G0tcha wrote:Hi,

i had an older version of IGO... and it was working, i decided to upgrade with this one but i think im missing some files...

i downloaded the nov 13 software only and then downloaded and extracted the maps for US and canada into the content folder but when i launched it it looks like it is mssing language files, voices...etc ( i checked the folders and they were indeed empty)... Is there a separate zip file i need to download to get the missing files?

ps: Like i said i had my older version and probably had those missing files but i deleted them
Thanks

For voices files (not TTS) see HERE.
For language files see HERE, BUT if you are using a PDA, please download Nav N Go iGO 8 v8.3.2.64029 (Nov 7 2008) - R3 PDA version and extract them from there.

Edit: For languages not for PDA and voices, you can also look in the opening Post (first post) of this thread (it is near it's end).
Dec 30th, 2008, 12:06 am
Dec 30th, 2008, 12:14 am
manu33xtro wrote:Hello,
I use the last version of IGO (64873). It's impossible for me to choose a theme : I put all the files in igo8/content/skin but impossible to select "theme" because the button is not active (sorry for my bad English !!) MSND is not active. All of the rest as good working

And tweakradje thanks for the explications about TMC or MSND but it's not working for me ! the logo is not active like the logo GPS ...

Thanks if anybody have an idea.
I use a ETEN M700 and install IGO directly in the SDCARD...

Make sure that the skin supports the resolution of your device, and that your device's orientation is set correctly (Settings -> Device -> Set Screen Orientation), since some skins supports only one orientation (e.g. landscape).

Also, check that your skin is a ZIP file and not packaged inside another archive (e.g. RAR file).
Dec 30th, 2008, 12:14 am
Dec 30th, 2008, 12:35 am
Twingo wrote:
walkergeri wrote:update doesnt work on my device...

Error loading file: i18n/ naviextras.xhtml

Thats because you use the language files from the pna version, you need the pda version. Look at my screenshot. When you have done that you need to write this in your sys.txt file, otherwise you get a error when you try to load igo.

[project]
name="igo8_pda"

Does that mean it it safe to update the program through the internet and connect the device to the naviextras portal ?
Dec 30th, 2008, 12:35 am
Dec 30th, 2008, 7:14 am
Hi. I have a problem with power management. I loved the "smart" mode on iGO 2006. On this release it is not working any more. I noticed that i have the same problem when i do not install iGO 2006 but start directly from the sd card.
My question now is, why iGO 8 has no installation routine anymore. Is this because the "2577" folder was ripped from the release?
Dec 30th, 2008, 7:14 am