Dec 27th, 2008, 9:01 pm
tweakradje wrote:Also nice are the text balloons for nearby roads on the map when
navigating (or simulating) in 3d.

Which sys.txt setting enables them?
Dec 27th, 2008, 9:01 pm
Dec 27th, 2008, 9:33 pm
is it possible to make iGo8 to tell you which side of the road your destination is on? Since it knows the street number, I don't know why it is not enable by default.
Dec 27th, 2008, 9:33 pm
Dec 27th, 2008, 9:54 pm
adit wrote:
kaksi wrote:A very wierd thing:
1) I installed the software on C310x and C320 and everything worked fine
2) When I install it on hp iPAQ 310 I don't see the SKIN button (it is greyed out) in Settings/Menu. Of course a SKIN folder with a few skins in it is located in iGO8/content. What could be the reason that the SKIN is greyed out? Maybe I should add some lines in SYSTEM.TXT?

Skins shows on your list ONLY if they contain the resolution for your device ( you can check this looking inside the zip file for a sub folder with the resolution x_y name. Probably the skin you want to use does not have the device resolution.

Another possibility, is that the skin does support the resolution for your device, but only in one orientation (e.g. landscape).
Try changing iGO's orientation (Settings -> Device -> Set Screen Orientation) and check the skin menu again.
Dec 27th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Dec 27th, 2008, 10:35 pm
robertut wrote:
tweakradje wrote:Also nice are the text balloons for nearby roads on the map when
navigating (or simulating) in 3d.

Which sys.txt setting enables them?

For more settings check my SYS.TXT from page 143

Code: Select all[3d_config]
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=0   ;(1)

Cheers
Dec 27th, 2008, 10:35 pm

The current laws of physics are like half the alphabet.
Nice words can be made but we are missing the story.
Dec 27th, 2008, 10:52 pm
Hi, I have an error executing the latest vesion. Every time at GEODB INITDBFILES Igo8 crashes with this message:

Code: Select allFatal error:

Fatal error ocurred in main thread.

Address: 0x001ba000
Exception: 0xc0000005

What can I do?

And do you know where can I find the resolutions 640x480 and 480x640 for data.zip?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Dec 27th, 2008, 10:52 pm
Dec 27th, 2008, 11:45 pm
PaNFa wrote:Autoload MAP rather then MENU during startup?

read all pages since this thread began and can not remember this ever being raised. What script changes needs to be ammended to enable igo to load directly in to the map rather then the menu. Guessing it has something to do with the data.zip/ui_igo8/common/ui/start.ui or can it be done from the sys.txt?

Thanks for the suggestion but keeping away from add on skins until "Ultra Skin v5.x / v6.x" is released. This must be an easy setting to mod, somebody must know ?
Dec 27th, 2008, 11:45 pm
Dec 28th, 2008, 12:18 am
PaNFa wrote:
PaNFa wrote:Autoload MAP rather then MENU during startup?

read all pages since this thread began and can not remember this ever being raised. What script changes needs to be ammended to enable igo to load directly in to the map rather then the menu. Guessing it has something to do with the data.zip/ui_igo8/common/ui/start.ui or can it be done from the sys.txt?

Thanks for the suggestion but keeping away from add on skins until "Ultra Skin v5.x / v6.x" is released. This must be an easy setting to mod, somebody must know ?

Dimka skin can do what you want, so if you don't want to use the skin you can look into the code and see how he does it. It's all text files, so you can figure it out.
Dec 28th, 2008, 12:18 am
Dec 28th, 2008, 3:00 pm
Guys, I am still struggeling with gps lag here .... yesterday I did another test to see if my HTC Touch HD causes the lag but that does not seem to be true. I did a clean install with the exact same version 8.3.2.64873 on my DELL X51v with a BT Sirf3 GPS receiver. And I have the same GPS lag problems with that external BT GPS as I do on the Touch HD. My position on screen lags mostly like 1-2 seconds behind my actual position on the road.
Does anyone of you know any tweaks for iGO to get rid of that lag? It's really annoying, and especially in areas where you really don't know your way around, it really sucks ....

thx for any help

polford
Dec 28th, 2008, 3:00 pm
Dec 28th, 2008, 3:21 pm
Zpecter wrote:Hi, I have an error executing the latest vesion. Every time at GEODB INITDBFILES Igo8 crashes with this message:

What can I do?

And do you know where can I find the resolutions 640x480 and 480x640 for data.zip?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Did you try the latest fix created by LZF ? in the opening post ?
Dec 28th, 2008, 3:21 pm
Dec 28th, 2008, 3:56 pm
Hello !
Is there any igo 8.3.2.64873 with 1277 autorun, witch is working on mio p550 ?
thx
Dec 28th, 2008, 3:56 pm
Dec 28th, 2008, 5:12 pm
Hi,

I am using the TTS on my ipaq 310 with the newest build, but somehow the TSS volume isn't consistant.

E.g. " Use next exit and then follow the road" - Next exit is clear and loud, and the rest is barely understandable, since the volume is so low.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dec 28th, 2008, 5:12 pm
Dec 28th, 2008, 6:12 pm
Twingo.... I have been using Nov 13th since JM first posted it. I am running into a lot of issues as of late. It freezes up all the time on both my c320 and my c520. Just randomly freezes up, sometimes on the map screen, other times on the menu screen. I am using the fixed data.zip and for a short while never had any problems. Are there different versions of the Nov 13th release? Does the version you posted fix some of these problems? or is it the same version JM posted? I kinda got confused when I saw you posted a Nov 13th release and people started talking about the latest Nov 13th release. I should add that it seems like of I delete the "Save" folder that it goes a little while without freezing. I just hate deleting it every week to keep the program from locking up. I am open for suggestions, that or some information on if there are other releases with the same Date that fixed some of these issues. Thanks- xtyler
Dec 28th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Simple Unlock Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/xtyler91/
Dec 28th, 2008, 6:17 pm
Twingo wrote:
Zpecter wrote:Hi, I have an error executing the latest vesion. Every time at GEODB INITDBFILES Igo8 crashes with this message:

What can I do?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Did you try the latest fix created by LZF ? in the opening post ?

Yes, I have tested latest data_v8b.zip but I only have the same message, Fatal error ocurred in main thread, and the program creates a crash.txt file. The resolutions are less important.
Dec 28th, 2008, 6:17 pm
Dec 28th, 2008, 8:19 pm
zzricezz wrote:is it possible to make iGo8 to tell you which side of the road your destination is on? Since it knows the street number, I don't know why it is not enable by default.

Anyone know if this is possible or not?
Dec 28th, 2008, 8:19 pm
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:16 pm
Guys stop asking for the PDA release, I modified it with the 7 november release. You can all test it by your self to download jetmouse his 7 nov release and add the crack from the 13nov release. For TTS to work in the 13nov release go to jetmouse his TTS topic and the files are shared there.
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:16 pm