Jun 6th, 2009, 9:43 pm
Sorry, probably a idiot question, how can I to use ogg file instead of wav?
It is connected with the skin type?

Tnx :)
Jun 6th, 2009, 9:43 pm
Jun 6th, 2009, 11:55 pm
Folkz,

Since many of you have requested this, and recently I had to install Amigo on my cousine's PDA who has very limited knowledge how to operate his own device, I decided to create a Today plugin for him, that I want to share with you as well 8)

Code: Select allhttp://rapidshare.com/files/241751298/amigo_install.cab

The CAB contains Amigo Today plugin, as well as latest Amigo executable (v85182). It is advised to restart the shell (or soft-reset the device) after installation. Also if you need to change SYS.TXT settings to fit your needs, edit the SYS.TXT located in Program Files (not the one located on your SD Card)

Please test it and let me know how it works ;)

Regards,
JM
Jun 6th, 2009, 11:55 pm
Jun 7th, 2009, 1:09 am
Thanks JM, good works
Jun 7th, 2009, 1:09 am
Jun 7th, 2009, 1:59 am
JetMouse wrote:Folkz,

Since many of you have requested this, and recently I had to install Amigo on my cousine's PDA who has very limited knowledge how to operate his own device, I decided to create a Today plugin for him, that I want to share with you as well 8)

Regards,
JM

Installed on flash disk (internal storage), WORKS !
Installed on SDCARD, don`t WORK !, i tape with stylus on Amigo Today and nothing happens, but if i go to SDCARD/PROGRAM FILES/AMIGO, and i run it for there, it works !

So, is working only if is installed on FLASH DISK (INTERNAL STORAGE)

Thanks,
3dward
Jun 7th, 2009, 1:59 am
Jun 7th, 2009, 5:34 am

Regards,
JM

Morning JetMouse,

installation is OK on my Mio P350, but when I try to start the application I always get this error

"User interface resolution [320x240] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application"
After changing the screen direction to normal the problem is the same but this time
"User interface resolution [240x320] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application"
I have changed on my SD card the "amigo.exe" to "application.dat" still the same problem.
Can You please tell me what I am doing wrong JM.
Jun 7th, 2009, 5:34 am
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:25 am
3dward wrote:

Regards,
JM

Installed on flash disk (internal storage), WORKS !
Installed on SDCARD, don`t WORK !, i tape with stylus on Amigo Today and nothing happens, but if i go to SDCARD/PROGRAM FILES/AMIGO, and i run it for there, it works !

Thanks,
3dward

It HAS TO BE installed on Internal Storage (in /Program Files) otherwise it won't work

plejo wrote:"User interface resolution [320x240] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application"
After changing the screen direction to normal the problem is the same but this time
"User interface resolution [240x320] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application"
I have changed on my SD card the "amigo.exe" to "application.dat" still the same problem.

Are you using the v8.4.2.85182 (Apr 8 2009) supplied data file (data.gro) ? If so, exchange it with the v8.4.2.81333 (Mar 12 2009) data file as the v8.4.2.85182 (Apr 8 2009) data file contains 480x272 (PNA) resolution only!
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:25 am
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:55 am

The CAB contains Amigo Today plugin, as well as latest Amigo executable (v85182). It is advised to restart the shell (or soft-reset the device) after installation. Also if you need to change SYS.TXT settings to fit your needs, edit the SYS.TXT located in Program Files (not the one located on your SD Card)

Regards,
JM

Thanks JM. This application function great if is instaled on device. Sorry my bad english. :lol:
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:55 am
Jun 7th, 2009, 8:24 am
extracrunchie wrote:is there a way to set it to landscape mode?

Set your device in landscape mode before you start works, editing sys.txt might work too, I think someone writes about it earlier in the thread

Edit: viewtopic.php?p=370987#370987 :)
Jun 7th, 2009, 8:24 am
Jun 7th, 2009, 9:46 am
JetMouse wrote:
3dward wrote:

Thanks,
3dward[/b]

It HAS TO BE installed on Internal Storage (in /Program Files) otherwise it won't work

plejo wrote:"User interface resolution [320x240] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application"

Are you using the v8.4.2.85182 (Apr 8 2009) supplied data file (data.gro) ? If so, exchange it with the v8.4.2.81333 (Mar 12 2009) data file as the v8.4.2.85182 (Apr 8 2009) data file contains 480x272 (PNA) resolution only!

Thanks for the quick response JM.
It's working now but I also had to change the application.dat with the one of the iGO Amigo v8.4.2.81333 (Mar 12 2009) release.
Jun 7th, 2009, 9:46 am
Jun 7th, 2009, 6:23 pm
TMC not working on medion 465T

Hi,
I have just installed last version on a SD as mentionned on the first page of the post and everithing works well except TMC.

I have another SD with IGO8 and TMC works well and even using same config in SYS.TXT and TMC files I can't make tmc work on amigo.
I had the following lines in SYS.TXT

[interface]
show_tmc_eventlist=1

and in system.ini :

[tmc]
saved_config_available="1"
saved_config_classname="GNS_GPSTMC_SOURCE"
saved_config_portname="COM"
saved_config_port="1"
auto_tuning="1"
saved_last_frequency="1047"
saved_last_tuning_mode="1"

Amigo finds the TMC station but never shows events. the list is empty and the TMC button keeps dark.

Did someone managed to make it work on this device?

thanks a lot !
Jun 7th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Jun 7th, 2009, 6:37 pm
pcc9 wrote:TMC not working on medion 465T

Hi,
I have just installed last version on a SD as mentionned on the first page of the post and everithing works well except TMC.

I have another SD with IGO8 and TMC works well and even using same config in SYS.TXT and TMC files I can't make tmc work on amigo...

You also have the both license files in your license folder of the non working SD? The first one is needed for TMC to work with Amigo.

LCP_43J_FEU@0807_(NNG+TA_HUN_TMC).lic
NavOn Amigo PNA FEU@0810 (TAonly, 3DLM, DEM).lic
Jun 7th, 2009, 6:37 pm

monkey12
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:39 pm
yes both files are in the license directory...

any other clue?
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:39 pm
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:52 pm
pcc9 wrote:yes both files are in the license directory...

any other clue?

No, not really. Does the Medion really use the GNS protocol?

EDIT: sorry, just read, iGO8 does work on the Medion with GNS protocol set.
Jun 7th, 2009, 7:52 pm

monkey12
Jun 8th, 2009, 12:37 am
extracrunchie wrote:has anyone got it to work on a 480x800 screen?

Try with this in your sys.txt and remember you have to use a data zip containing at least 240_400/400_240 resolution. May you have to change the parameter [device] depending on the device you own.

[project]
name="igo_easy"

[local]
dateformat="6"

[device]
Type = "ALIAS_TOUCH HD"
;sdcard_dsk_num=4

[rawdisplay]
highres=1
driver="gdi"
autoconfig=1
orientation_restore=1