Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:21 pm
roirraW edor ehT wrote:I guessed that was the version you were talking about. I don't know, I've been trying to chase down my own problem with iGo on both the Galaxy S2 and now the S3. No matter what version I install, they all randomly quit from time to time as I'm navigating. Sometimes it'll work for 20 minutes straight, others, just a minute or two.

Even old versions that I knew didn't have that problem. Today I wiped my SD card and internal memory completely, started fresh and still had the problem.

So maybe it's TouchWiz, although I didn't used to have the problem on the S2. Now I'm trying CM 10.2 nightly - we'll see what happens.

Found a fix for TTS! Working fine for US Eng TTS: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/android ... post207790

Let me know if you want that file (not sure if you needed the english voice). Its the one called Dave TTS Pro US Eng.

Question: Do I need the dem files? They are huge and taking up valuable space. Can I just get by with maps/poi and speedcams?

BTW, do you have US speedcams file?

Cheers.
Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:21 pm
Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:16 pm
559beatles wrote:Found a fix for TTS! Working fine for US Eng TTS:

Let me know if you want that file (not sure if you needed the english voice). Its the one called Dave TTS Pro US Eng.

Question: Do I need the dem files? They are huge and taking up valuable space. Can I just get by with maps/poi and speedcams?

Cheers.

Very cool of you to share the solution. I'll try it out. I'm from and in the U.S. but I prefer Female Australian/British/Irish/Welsh TTS whenever possible. I always mock them when they say take exit 104A, by doing a Canadian "104, eh?". I have some kind of TTS already in the folder that should've worked so I'll change those settings the post mentions and I'll report back as well.

Thanks a lot!
Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:16 pm
Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:20 pm
Sorry, forgot to answer your questions. You don't need them. The only thing you probably absolutely need is the maps. Then POI, of course, but DEM should be completely optional. They're just representations of what the terrain or more accurately, the elevations of the land are like, correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

I do not have speedcams although I started checking into the free service http://poiplaza.com/?p=suppapp

Let me know if you get around to fooling with it before I do. Getting married a week from today so I *should* be busy the next couple weeks and might not have time. :)
Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:20 pm
Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:36 pm
Eh, the changes in the info.ini's didn't work for me. If you could share what you have, or even lead me to where you found what worked for you (if there's other voices available there), I'd appreciate it.
Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:36 pm
Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:42 pm
roirraW edor ehT wrote:
559beatles wrote:Found a fix for TTS! Working fine for US Eng TTS:

Cheers.

Very cool of you to share the solution. I'll try it out. I'm from and in the U.S. but I prefer Female Australian/British/Irish/Welsh TTS whenever possible. I always mock them when they say take exit 104A, by doing a Canadian "104, eh?". I have some kind of TTS already in the folder that should've worked so I'll change those settings the post mentions and I'll report back as well.

Thanks a lot!

Lol, I'm Canadian but unfortunately have to settle for the US voices.

Here is the file that I use: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/EV5SxONtxq/

And congratulations!
Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:42 pm
Nov 24th, 2013, 4:33 am
LOL, thanks! I'll check it out when I can. Already downloaded it.

Off topic slightly but for general Android TTS, check out Ivona in the Play store. Free while in beta, they're very realistic sounding TTS.

And thanks for the congratulations!
Nov 24th, 2013, 4:33 am
Nov 27th, 2013, 12:57 am
Removed *some* dead links.
Nov 27th, 2013, 12:57 am
Nov 27th, 2013, 2:51 pm
Happy Turkey Day in advance, everyone! I will be getting married in a few days and then on my honeymoon, so I won't be able to respond until December 6th or later if anything comes up. Stay safe and take care!
Nov 27th, 2013, 2:51 pm
Dec 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Congrats man!!! :)

Thank you for your sarings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Dec 4th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Thank you and you're welcome! Barely have 3G out here. Patiently roasting some bacon to drip onto bread! Yum!
Dec 4th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Dec 7th, 2013, 8:16 am
I can't get the speed limit warnings in MPH, the setting always wants percentage. I tire the settings in war but didn;t get the right combination os something, never got it to work.

Has anyone solved that?
Dec 7th, 2013, 8:16 am
Dec 7th, 2013, 2:48 pm
ModemJunki wrote:I can't get the speed limit warnings in MPH, the setting always wants percentage. I tire the settings in war but didn;t get the right combination os something, never got it to work.

Has anyone solved that?

I'm on my phone so too lazy to Google the source, but put this skin in iGo\content\skin (create the folder if it doesn't exist). Then change both the day and night skin to this skin and exit and restart iGo. Make sure iGo is cleared from memory before running it again by long pressing your Home button and clearing it from recent. It'll have an option to change from percentage to a constant amount now, among other great features.

Looked it up after all, the source is http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www. ... uCyein214w

Edit: Mirror Creator link down, you'll have to get the skin from the source above.
Dec 7th, 2013, 2:48 pm
Dec 12th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Edited OP and removed ALL dead links. Looks like solidfiles is least likely to delete files. :)
Dec 12th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:49 am
roirraW edor ehT wrote:Edited OP and removed ALL dead links. Looks like solidfiles is least likely to delete files. :)

Hello All,
I am new to this iGo app.
I am now downloading the multi version 2a.exe file.
Can someone please tell me what do I do with this .exe file when downloaded?
I am only familiar with .apk files for android apps.

T.I.A. :)
Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:49 am
Jan 3rd, 2014, 3:32 am
Hi! The exe is just a self extracting archive. You have at least three choices. Run it in Windows, or use 7-Zip on it, or use ZArchive on your Android device to extract it. I've tested it, it works.

Don't forget the password as I indicated in the post with the link. Also you'll need maps. It'll work with NavTeq or Tom Tom maps. And you'll also need... going by memory here... 2c.exe? Whichever I posted that said data or root files. Sorry, on my phone at the moment so not very convenient to look. :-)
Jan 3rd, 2014, 3:32 am