Aug 22nd, 2010, 11:58 am
Primo 1.1 480x272 with Games
Requirements: Primo 1.1 and a device that supports 480x272
Overview: This is a skin I put together with the help of sambrothers from this forum and GBR from the forum who must not be named. Thank you to both of them. This skin allows you to put links to run your games and apps from the Primo interface. It does require some work to customize it to your liking. Read this entire post!

Besides the games links, this skin has the following features which were mostly added before I touched the skin:
    -The Green Routing Calculations have been fixed for USA units (gal, $, and miles)
    -Phone numbers in favorites
    -Sort favorites by name or distance
    -Add alerts and road blocks
    -JV done by map geometry and not map data
    -JV has trees, mountains and other extras
    -Input boxes only capitalize the first letter that is typed
    -The freeway signs are shifted down so that you can see the directions
    -Home button added
    -The "Demo" button is replaced with a "Simulate" button when you have a route punched in but you don't have a satellite lock yet.
    -I also added a feature where if you put an exe file called off.exe in your main Primo directory, it will run when the countdown occurs from a loss of external power. I use this to run a program from MioAutoRun that powers down my GPS unit when my car turns off. However, if you press the button that is presented to you at the countdown instead, the gps will go into standby. If you don't put off.exe in your Primo folder, Primo will run like it always has, and you will not have any ill effects.

This skin will not auto detect the games folders you have. You must use the paths as they are in the modified games package below. You must replace your games from Amigo with these. I will not make this for any other resolution. If you use this skin in conjunction with any other skin you will probably lose the games.

You don't need any lic files. Use the file named pnaoem that is included in the games pack and copy it to \Windows folder every time before Primo loads. Something like this in your mortscript should work:
Copy("\SDMMC\Primo\pnaoem","\Windows\pnaoem",True)
Afterward, the games shouldn't run in demo mode any more. Thank you drony!

More Info:
Code: Select allhttp://igomyway.com/primo/index.php

Download Instructions:
Data.zip
(Closed Filehost) https://ul.to/2i8sh7
(updated 9/17/2010)

Games
(Closed Filehost) https://ul.to/dcsbyf
You must use this modified package if you want to play the games from Amigo. Extract all the files exactly as they are. You should end up with a bunch of zip files in the same directory as your main data.zip.
(updated 9/7/2010)

CorePlayer
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X7T7A6UO

Data.zip with text links (low ram usage)
(Closed Filehost) https://ul.to/ky4dqp
(updated 9/11/2010)
Aug 22nd, 2010, 11:58 am
Aug 22nd, 2010, 4:22 pm
Hey Bob, thanks for the release, but please edit this release according to the "How to Post a Release" Sticky. Your release will not be rewarded or categorized until this is done. Once you have edited the release please click on the Image beneath your post, select "Edited Release," and submit.

If you have trouble posting releases in the proper way you can also use PPCWarez Releaser Tool for posting releases. If you have any trouble understanding the release process feel free to PM me and I'll try to help.

Thanks in advance for the hard work and your help in forum!
Aug 22nd, 2010, 4:22 pm

GPS & eBook Mod

TomTom XXL540TM, TomTom Via 1535TM, Garmin nuvi 1250TM, Mio c310x
HTC HD2, HTC Inspire 4g, Kindle 3g, Augen 7X, iPad s2, Galaxy S3
Aug 22nd, 2010, 4:47 pm
Any chance of a mirror...(please) link for premium users only.

Thanks for work and share. Very nice and working great...gas $ finally calcs correctly! Only problem I have is PDAmill games require at least 6mb free ram...I hate to sacrifice gps memory to shoot a pirate. CorePlayer much better than built-in player. Time to upgrade to 128mb systems.
Aug 22nd, 2010, 4:47 pm
Aug 22nd, 2010, 7:41 pm
joking742 wrote:Any chance of a mirror...(please) link for premium users only.

It should be fixed now and updated. They deleted my old link for some reason.
Aug 22nd, 2010, 7:41 pm
Aug 22nd, 2010, 9:22 pm
Nice Release: 15 WRZ$ Reward for Download and 0 WRZ$ Reward for Mirrors
Category: Device-independent » GPS Navigation » GPS Releases by Category » iGO » Other » iGO Skins
Aug 22nd, 2010, 9:22 pm
Aug 24th, 2010, 4:04 am
Thanks! The Green Routing Calculations have been fixed for USA units (gal, $, and miles). But, no matter what you enter the price, it always shows 0.69 (or 0.59)?

Also, the volume control seems to be broken, at least in quick menu.
Aug 24th, 2010, 4:04 am
Aug 24th, 2010, 4:38 am
I tried the data zip with primo 1.1 and the original branding but it doesn t work on wince 6. The games don t load up it doesn t find the games. I have no skin added. there must be a bug some where must need more troubleshooting for this to work.The main problem is the loading. Hope to find the solution.
Aug 24th, 2010, 4:38 am
Aug 24th, 2010, 7:11 am
guxu wrote:Thanks! The Green Routing Calculations have been fixed for USA units (gal, $, and miles). But, no matter what you enter the price, it always shows 0.69 (or 0.59)?

Also, the volume control seems to be broken, at least in quick menu.

No matter what you enter on the green routing settings page for the price of a gallon of gas it shows the price for 1 gallon as 0.69? Or the price for the trip is 0.69?

Either way, see if starting with a new save folder fixes the problem.

The volume thing was like that when I got the skin. I just use the mute button when I want quiet. The lowest volume setting is the lowest I would want it anyways without muting. I think this can be fixed in the templates_480_272.css file. Open it with notepad and find min:200; and change it to min:1;

(Update): I can reproduce your problem with the price of gas. It seems that if you put in the price previously, it remained correct. But if you try to change it once you apply my skin, it's messed up. i'll see what I can do.

(Update 2): It looks as if the value you punch into the input box gets recorded correctly. It is just displayed incorrectly in the settings page. I fixed the data.zip so that it displays it correctly and updated the download link. Let me know if your problem is fixed in the new download.
Aug 24th, 2010, 7:11 am
Aug 24th, 2010, 7:15 am
diamond58 wrote:I tried the data zip with primo 1.1 and the original branding but it doesn t work on wince 6. The games don t load up it doesn t find the games. I have no skin added. there must be a bug some where must need more troubleshooting for this to work.The main problem is the loading. Hope to find the solution.

The skin I made makes a direct link to the exe file and runs it. If the game doesn't run outside of primo, it probably won't run when primo is on. I can run any program I want by editing the path to the exe and running it as described above. Any problems you are having have to do with your device not running the game correctly or the paths not being set correctly for where you have your exe files. This is equivalent to making a shortcut to the exe on your desktop and running it. There isn't much that can go wrong.

Try some of these: viewforum.php?f=5
Aug 24th, 2010, 7:15 am
Aug 24th, 2010, 12:26 pm
THey work outside primo but i always have the blue screen only in primo. The buttons don t show. On what gps do u have it working on maybe it only good to work on some. Even if the games aren t there the buttons should show. Or maybe we need a lic. file . I don t have one if u do i want to test it with it so that i eliminate that possibility problem. If u can help and suggest more ideas would be great. I do alot of testing with diffrent gadgets but this one is though. I seem what u modified the extra ui the template, and added files which i opened everything looks ok but it doest exe them. I spent one week on this no luck.
Aug 24th, 2010, 12:26 pm
Aug 24th, 2010, 3:32 pm
BobRobert wrote:
The volume thing was like that when I got the skin. I just use the mute button when I want quiet. The lowest volume setting is the lowest I would want it anyways without muting. I think this can be fixed in the templates_480_272.css file. Open it with notepad and find min:200; and change it to min:1;

(Update): ...

Thank for for the update. Could you also check the volume thing?

I always use my own skin with original iGO8. But with Primo, since I cannot simply unzip and zip data.zip, I am just a user/tester now. :(

(Update) For volume issue, I checked original OEM data.zip/templates_480_272.css, and there is no min or max. I guess the min/max was added just for certain GPS units that do not have proper volume control, e.g. Omnitech with factory OS because anything below 200 is equal to mute. If this is the case, it is not a right way to fix the problem since the range between 200 and 255 is too small. The correct way is to add [sound] section into sys.txt or custom device file in config\devices\.
Aug 24th, 2010, 3:32 pm
Aug 24th, 2010, 6:17 pm
@ guxu

Here is the data.zip with the normal sound range: (Closed Filehost) https://ul.to/a94gu7
I'm not sure how I would mod it using the [sound] section in sys.txt.

@ diamond58

Why don't you try starting from scratch. Use an empty SD card. Put on Primo 1.1 directly from the download rar. Add my skin. And then run it to see if you see the games page. Don't use your old save folder or any other files from your previous install.
Aug 24th, 2010, 6:17 pm
Aug 24th, 2010, 6:46 pm
BobRobert wrote:@ guxu

Here is the data.zip with the normal sound range: (Closed Filehost) https://ul.to/a94gu7

Thanks. If you are using Omnitech, add the following to sys.txt

[sound]
; For default US Eng NK.bin
use_os_volume = 0
use_method = 4
sound_level_0 = 128
sound_level_1 = 148
sound_level_2 = 165
sound_level_3 = 179
sound_level_4 = 191
sound_level_5 = 202
sound_level_6 = 212
sound_level_7 = 221
sound_level_8 = 229
sound_level_9 = 236
sound_level_10 = 243
sound_level_11 = 249
sound_level_12 = 255

You will have a normalized volume.

BTW, you may also add the following section to make the back light control work for Omnitech if you have not done so.

[power]
backlight_manage_values = 1
backlight_manage_keys = 0
backlight_min = 1
backlight_max = 255
backlight_reverse = 0
backlight_key_bright_BA1 = "BattBacklightLevel"
backlight_key_bright_AC1 = "ACBacklightLevel"
backlight_key_timeout_BA = "BatteryTimeout"
backlight_key_timeout_AC = "ACTimeout"
backlight_key_ontap_BA = "BatPowerOn"
backlight_key_ontap_AC = "ExtPowerOn"
backlight_key_on_BA = "UseBattery"
backlight_key_on_AC = "UseExt"
backlight_methods = 1
backlight_events = 8

All above can be put into a device file in data.zip too.
Aug 24th, 2010, 6:46 pm
Aug 24th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Dont work for me. Outside Primo all games work perfect. But if I start from your skin it is only a short flash on the screen and then go back to your menu.
Any idea? Other i make some modification on my mioautorun. I dont need games, if I drive, so I can go back to the original skin.
Aug 24th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Aug 24th, 2010, 11:42 pm
BobRobert wrote:@ guxu

@ diamond58

Why don't you try starting from scratch. Use an empty SD card. Put on Primo 1.1 directly from the download rar. Add my skin. And then run it to see if you see the games page. Don't use your old save folder or any other files from your previous install.

I have done that i have primo1.1, i changed the data zip to yours, no skins and it doesn t show any buttons the ico game button is ok but when u use the button there is no game listing its empty. :?
Aug 24th, 2010, 11:42 pm