Sep 4th, 2011, 3:08 am
Gents...need a hand here: would you know in which ui file can I find the font size for the current speed? I found something in skin/// navigatemap_xxx.ui but changing it didn't make a difference.
Thought you might know. Cheers.
Sep 4th, 2011, 3:08 am
Sep 4th, 2011, 9:39 am
Are you sure your changes are reflected in the data.gro being used? I have *not* tried with this release, but sometimes data.gro gets replaced with the packaged one upon each invocation. Not saying that is definitely the problem, just giving you something to look at.
Sep 4th, 2011, 9:39 am
Sep 4th, 2011, 4:44 pm
ipse wrote:Gents...need a hand here: would you know in which ui file can I find the font size for the current speed? I found something in skin/// navigatemap_xxx.ui but changing it didn't make a difference.
Thought you might know. Cheers.

Look for the layer: <layer ui_SpeedInfoOnMap

And then you'll see two text items:
Code: Select all<TEXT   txt_nav_speed            z=1 template=xglow textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" FONTTYPE=fn_cock_data_std fontsize=23 align="CENTER" hide>
   <TEXT   txt_nav_speed_unit       z=1 w=31 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text"   FONTTYPE=fn_cock_data_std font="tahoma" fontsize=9 align="CENTER" hide>

First is the speed, the second are the units.

That is the info that pops up on the right side of the screen. If you want the no route information panel on the left side of screen, you'll find the speed listed under these layers:

ui_EasyNav_TripInfo_NoRoute
ui_EasyNav_TripInfo_Closed_NoRoute
ui_EasyNav_TripInfo_NoRoute_Trans
ui_EasyNav_TripInfo_Closed_NoRoute_Trans

Look for:
<TEXT xxx template=CNavInfoNum m3:y=270 m4:y=390 watchstate=e_btn_cockpit_info_nr textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid&ui.vSelectedTripInfoNoRoute=0">

But you'll be able to edit them all by editing the template:
<TEMPLATE CNavInfoNum x=0 z=10 w=67 font="tahomabd" align="RIGHT" fontsize=19 fonttype=infotext fixedwidthnumbers=1 clipstyle="none">

At the beginning of that same ui file.
Sep 4th, 2011, 4:44 pm
Sep 6th, 2011, 2:43 am
ipse wrote:Hey BobRobert...just wanted to say THANKS for the work you're doing. Not many skins available for HVGA and yours is the best. Keep up the good work.
Quick question: I see that for speedcams if you provide a txt file it will convert it as speedcamupdates.spud...do you know if old "spud" files work as well (from PNA)? I don't think the structure has changed.
I guess I can copy one and try...worse case it won't start.

Using the Spud file from another version should work. What I've found to be the best solution is to convert the txt file to spud using this tool: viewtopic.php?p=293269 and using the converted file.

I just updated the skin to V43. It has a bunch of fixes. Let me know what you think.
Sep 6th, 2011, 2:43 am
Sep 6th, 2011, 4:21 am
BobRobert wrote:I just updated the skin to V43. It has a bunch of fixes. Let me know what you think.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Here is the summary of suggestions you asked for:

Fixed (v42 9/1 reload) - viewtopic.php?p=858119#858119
More->Regional->Voice Profile
Suggestion: Fix UI loop when selecting Voice Profile
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858090#858090

Fixed!

Verified.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Audio
Suggestion: Replace !alert6.wav (annoying siren) in apk with the one from audio directory
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858283#858283

Fixed - next release

Verified.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Navigation Page->Quick Menu
Suggestion: Add missing Colors/Day/Night mode to Portrait, It is present in Landscape
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858288#858288

Fixed - next release

Verified. You might want to consider swapping Zoom and Favorites positioning in Portrait mode, just to be more consistent in ordering of options with Landscape mode, but that is just aesthetics. Functionaly everything is there and that is most important.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Lane Guidance
Suggestion: move lane guidance to top of screen for landscape mode as it partially covers vehicle icon and detailed current location
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858249#858249

Fixed - next release

Did not notice this change.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Keyboard
Suggestion: Sync up keyboard with standard iGO
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858098#858098

Harder than you would think to fix.

Verified. Well you must have found a way. It is sooo much easier to type in portrait mode with the letters in sequential alphabetical order now.

If you want to challenge yourself you might want to look at the "Details" link and try implementing a 4 across keyboard in Portrait mode to make some bigger finger-friendly keys and take advantage of the open space available in the current Portrait keyboard. I can send a screenshot of how standard iGO keyboard looks if you'd like.

That being said, what you've done already is really so much better and it is already very usable.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Find Places
Suggestion: For "Add Via" include canned searches page with "On My Route" and "At My Destination" qualifiers. Same as "Destination" when there is Active Route.
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858265#858265

Fixed (sorta)- next release

Verified. I saw the Gas-Food-Parking button available in Portrait mode. Pretty nice. Not available in Landscape mode, but I guess there wasn't space for the button on that screen.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Find Places
Suggestion: Sync up with standard iGO, add "distance to nearest" information for canned searches

All the components are there to show the distance to the nearest item, but for some reason it doesn't show. The code is almost identical to standard igo. I'll have to look at it for a bit.

As you alluded to, nothing changed here.

BobRobert wrote:
mobu wrote:Suggestion: Feature request - add ability to edit via point ordering
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858105#858105

I'm having a hard time finding example code to rip off. Do you know of any igo skins with this ability? FYI, if you long press "Itinerary" in the navigation menu, you can delete select via points.

BTW I missed your suggestion that Long-Press of "Itinerary" already brought you to a "Manage Itinerary" page.

That page works great. I had no idea it was there. I see that Short-Press in "Quick Menu" [Itinerary] brings you to the "Manage Itinerary" page also (and Long-Press brings you to regular Itinerary). That is great. Since I didn't know these layers even existed, I'm not sure if you added functionality or just made it more easily accessible. Regardless, thanks, this is a great feature.

There is a small bug in "Manage Itinerary" where if you delete the *last* via/end point it will correctly reflect in the navigation page (ie no current route), but if you exit/restart iGO, that via/end point shows back up (along with whatever other via points were removed at the same time). Probably there is a conditional statement that is off by one.

There is another small bug with Exiting the "Manage Itinerary" layer. When you first click on "My Route" you get the "Route Overview" map with [More Options] and [Route Settings] buttons on top. Then after you press [More Options] and Long-Press [Itinerary] you get the "Manage Itinerary" layer. After that when you press [Done], it jumps back to the Navigation layer.

Next time you choose "My Route", instead of being presented with the "Route Overview" map, you are presented with the "More Options" layer ie [Route Alternatives] [Simulate Navigation] [Add Destination to Favorites] [Itinerary] [Close] [Save Route].

I think when you Long-Press [Itinerary] you probably need to close/make not visible/make not active that layer, because you will not be coming back to it from "Manage Itinerary", otherwise next time around to "My Route" it becomes immediately visible even though the user never selected [More Options]
Sep 6th, 2011, 4:21 am
Sep 6th, 2011, 4:23 am
BTW thanks much for your efforts. You are doing a great job.

Also, one other small thing. Would it be possible to add zipalign of the .apk to your release process?

Unrelated to the zipalign, I'm not sure if it is my imagination, but it seems like iGO is now doing some network activity when it is running where it didn't before. It could totally possible it is something else I have running, but it really seems related to iGO because I have zero network activity until I run iGO and then there is some at startup and when I scroll around, then it goes away for a while, but shows up again eventually. I went into airplane mode and it still works, so if it is from iGO, it isn't required data. Again, I might just be not remember correct and it was always there or it might be something else in my setup doing the network activity. It does seem iGO gets a little "jumpy" when the network activity is going on though. It is also possible it is some A-GPS mode where my phone is asking the network for assistance with positioning.

Ok, I went back and tried the previous version and that network activity at startup was there also, so never mind what I wrote above.

I also got a chance to look at the previous "Manage Itinerary" and your new one is much nicer :)
Sep 6th, 2011, 4:23 am
Sep 6th, 2011, 7:18 am
I thought of a new feature that would be nice to have. I always thought it was annoying to have POIs show up on the map but have no way to figure out what the POI actually was, other than the generic category icon.

In "Drag Map" mode (ie pressing anywhere on the map in navigation mode) it currently displays the address of the location where you place the red arrow (address is in white on black lettering). Now depending on your POI settings, you'll have some POI icons visible on the "Drag Map" screen. It would be nice if when you place your red arrow on top of a POI, instead of displaying the address as if the POI didn't exist, would display the POI name/address instead. This would allow you to see what the POIs actually rather than just anonymous category icons.

There is similar functionality when you place the red arrow ontop of a via point, allowing you to delete a via.

This feature could also be extended to "Find on Map" mode.

Possibly it could be implemented as a layer of options popping up if you long-press on top of a POI.

Now I fully expect you to come back and tell me FYI, if you long press some place I never would have thought of, it will show you the POI info for the icon :)
Sep 6th, 2011, 7:18 am
Sep 6th, 2011, 7:40 am
Here is a new summary of suggestions :) I tried to list the simpler/minor ones first.

apk packaging
Suggestion: zipalign .apk as part of release process
Details: viewtopic.php?p=861203#861203

Add Via and Destination
Suggestion: adjust positioning of [Lat. & Long.] button. On the Portrait layers of these pages it is 1 or 2 pixels too low compared to [Back] button

Navigation Quick Menu
Suggestion: swap Zoom and Favorites positioning in Portrait mode, to be more consistent in ordering of options with Landscape mode
Details: viewtopic.php?p=861201#861201

Lane Guidance
Suggestion: move lane guidance to top of screen for landscape mode as it partially covers vehicle icon and detailed current location
Details: viewtopic.php?p=858249#858249

Manage Itinerary
Suggestion: there is a bug where operations which include deleting the last via point end up having the entries come back after exiting and restarting iGO

Manage Itinerary
Suggestion: [More Options] layer is visible too long.

Find Places
Suggestion: Sync up with standard iGO, add "distance to nearest" information for canned searches

Drag Map
Suggestion: Center zoom in/out on area red arrow points to.
Details: viewtopic.php?p=861270#861270

Drag Map and Find on Map
Suggestion: Make POIs selectable with POI/address information becoming visible
Details: viewtopic.php?p=861254#861254
Sep 6th, 2011, 7:40 am
Sep 6th, 2011, 7:59 am
In Find on Map mode, when you zoom in/out, the map frame always includes the area that the red arrow is pointing to. In Drag Map mode, at some zoom levels (ie when zooming in) the area the red arrow points to is not in the current displayed map frame. This make it hard to figure out where you are when the area you were focusing on suddenly is not in the picture anymore.

In particular, I believe when you zoom in to the layer where hte Z access rotation arrows appear, the red arrow location is no longer in the displayed frame, unless it is at the same location as the blue icon indicating your vehicle.

It is like the layer with the Z access rotation arrows has its own idea of where the center of the map should be independent of the layer without the Z access rotation arrows.
Sep 6th, 2011, 7:59 am
Sep 6th, 2011, 3:04 pm
Will try your suggestions (thank you very much :) )
It seems I tried to edit the same file you indicate but it made no diff...will pay more attention to what WinRar does.
Sep 6th, 2011, 3:04 pm
Sep 8th, 2011, 9:51 am
Updated to v44:
Added Left/Right address numbers plus more functionality out of the show current address box
Long press trip info to switch between next via and destination info
Keyboard fixes
Simulation mode bug fix
Clearer edit itinerary option
Removed volume slider since it doesn't work
In app mute button only mutes the guidance voice
Various tweaks and bug fixes.
Sep 8th, 2011, 9:51 am
Sep 8th, 2011, 7:06 pm
Awesome release.

I like the long-press trip info to switch between next via and destination info.

Minor bug with Route Preview.

In landscape mode, after selecting your via point, it goes to route preview, where it displays your via point with the yellow flag on the map. The location listed at the top though is your *final* destination (as opposed to via point) listed with a yellow flag, making it confusing as what is being display on the map with the yellow flag is the via point, but the text is listing the destination location with a yellow flag.

In the landscape route preview, I think either
1) the text location should match the yellow flag displayed on the map
2) leave the destination location, but change the flag to checkered flag so people know that is the final destination
3) remove the flag so there is less confusion (this is a compromise if 1 or 2 are more difficult)

Currently, the Portrait route preview displays the checkered flag next to the text location when there are no via points and no flag next to the final destination when the route preview is displaying the via point (option 3). Portrait route preview should match whichever you choose for Landscape.

I also just realized that you can press the colored area in Route Preview to cycle through via points/final destination/whole route. I think it would be useful if the text location field adjusts to match the current displayed via point/final destination.
Sep 8th, 2011, 7:06 pm
Sep 8th, 2011, 7:14 pm
BobRobert wrote:Updated to v44:
Added Left/Right address numbers plus more functionality out of the show current address box

This is pretty neat feature also. Especially with tapping the route info to cycle through modes.

Is it under your control how much space is allocated to the "address" portion in L/R Address mode?

The reason I ask is when on normal streets, the font is a decent size because there isn't that much text for the street name and it fits in nicely with the L/R #s. When you get onto a highway, the text size shrinks a lot to fit the longer highway names but it still seems like in landscape mode often the highways are listed with "..." (ie the text won't fit) but since the font is so small and there is so much open space to the L/R of the address info, it looks strange to see the "..."

In Portrait mode it looks fine because more space is available and I don't remember ever seeing the "..."

I understand there might need to be space reserved for the L/R #s, but is it possible to squeeze just a little extra space to be made available for the Address portion, in landscape mode?
Sep 8th, 2011, 7:14 pm
Sep 9th, 2011, 4:05 pm
I'll make the street portion bigger in the next release.
Sep 9th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Sep 9th, 2011, 4:12 pm
Loaded v44 and had iGO locking up (GPS was not started). had to restart the phone (killing iGO didn't work).
The version reported in "About" is v42 - but maybe you did not update that. The gro file timestamp is Sep 8 - so I'm loading the right one.

I'll update this post once I take it in traffic. Thanks for all the improvements - I'm sure this has become the skin of choice for many iGO Android users.
Sep 9th, 2011, 4:12 pm