Sep 16th, 2011, 12:15 am
no go...

renamed folder...just put stretched apk and folders...installed and error about data/data/com...javaclient/license/amigo..multilang.lyc missing or soemthing...

so i went in sdcard/data/ and created another data folder and then the other ones, and placed that amigo lyc file inside but still same error...am i putting it in wrong place?

edit:...ok i placed them this time into the igo folder itself and that error went away but the device.nng and activationcodes error came back...even using your new sys.txt
Sep 16th, 2011, 12:15 am
Sep 16th, 2011, 12:39 am
...went back to thin1.6...did the screen xy thing...no change...still small screen..

on start it seemed like it was gonna be fullscreen coz the top bar was all the way...then it did the splash animation for loading ...and then completed with same old small res

i have been looking at other forums...haven't seen anyone who got any working yet
Sep 16th, 2011, 12:39 am
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:31 am
Hi, thanks for this great release! Still I found some minor problems/bugs:
1) During install, when I've reached to the step where I must enter the route settings (were I must select roads should be considered), in portrait mode there is no 'Next' button. I needed to enter in landscape mode to be able to press that button.
2) 'Starting position' option is not working. I've tried to change my starting position to simulate a route, but nothing happens, the position wasn't changed.
This I've found for resolution 320x480.
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:31 am
Sep 16th, 2011, 2:24 pm
@a1559466, I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

@iulian83, Thank you for reporting those. Can you elaborate on the starting position problem? Does it accept your address input and take you to the navigation screen and still not have your starting position inputted? Is your GPS on inside the android settings? (it needs to be) Do you have a position lock when you tried this? Also, have you experienced the same problems with the standard iGO skin? Could you backup your installation and then try resetting it to defaults and see if you still have the problem? Thanks!
Sep 16th, 2011, 2:24 pm
Sep 16th, 2011, 7:44 pm
BobRobert wrote:@iulian83, Thank you for reporting those. Can you elaborate on the starting position problem? Does it accept your address input and take you to the navigation screen and still not have your starting position inputted? Is your GPS on inside the android settings? (it needs to be) Do you have a position lock when you tried this? Also, have you experienced the same problems with the standard iGO skin? Could you backup your installation and then try resetting it to defaults and see if you still have the problem? Thanks!

Well, the behavior is different depending on how detailed is the input address:
- select the country, the city and the street name and then press the 'Select city' button -> message asking about disabling navigation from GPS position is confirmed (press ok) -> it goes back to select the address (country,city,street);
- select the country, the city, the street name and the house number -> message asking about disabling navigation from GPS position is confirmed (press ok) -> it goes back to select the house number;
- select the country, the city, the street name and the intersecting street -> message asking about disabling navigation from GPS position is confirmed (press ok) -> it goes back to select the intersecting street;
For all this cases, after confirming the disabling of the navigation from GPS position, it should go to navigation screen at the new address.
Those cases appears only when the GPS is off, when it's on it works ok. You said that GPS should be on to work the 'Starting position' option, but with the standard skin it works also with GPS off (anyway it will be switch off if using this option).
Sep 16th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Sep 17th, 2011, 2:02 am
Thank you for the detailed info. It helped me figure out the problem. It'll be fixed in the next release.
Sep 17th, 2011, 2:02 am
Sep 17th, 2011, 5:33 pm
BobRobert wrote:Thank you for the detailed info. It helped me figure out the problem. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Hmmm...when I reported this you mentioned it's the default iGO behavior :)
Good to have it fixed, thanks!
Sep 17th, 2011, 5:33 pm
Sep 17th, 2011, 5:48 pm
ipse wrote:
BobRobert wrote:Thank you for the detailed info. It helped me figure out the problem. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Hmmm...when I reported this you mentioned it's the default iGO behavior :)
Good to have it fixed, thanks!

That's easier than saying "I have no idea what is happening." :D

I then realized that although my code matched that of the default iGO skin, there was an additional variable that was introduced that I never initialized. That is one of the few mistakes that doesn't throw up an error by iGO. Anyway, it'll be fixed in the next release.
Sep 17th, 2011, 5:48 pm
Sep 17th, 2011, 6:29 pm
What would we do without your tireless work? Thanks for all the help. Now I wonder why I even bought a 5" GPS.
Sep 17th, 2011, 6:29 pm
Sep 17th, 2011, 11:20 pm
BobRobert wrote:That's easier than saying "I have no idea what is happening." :D

Tireless efforts and a sense of humor, what more could we ask? :)
Sep 17th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Sep 18th, 2011, 1:59 am
I know I said I'd wait a while before updating the skin. Well, I lied. Update V48:

Fixed Set Start Point and Turn on GPS button.
Added some experimental features - Backup/Restore - Background navigation
Let me know how they work out.
Fixed the Roundabout alignment issues and added exit numbers to the secondary turn.
Other small fixes.
I also tried to fix the anyresolution version. Make sure to use all the files included.

Thank you to everyone that helped work out the bugs!
Sep 18th, 2011, 1:59 am
Sep 20th, 2011, 12:58 pm
BobRobert wrote:Update V48:

Fixed Set Start Point and Turn on GPS button.
Added some experimental features - Backup/Restore - Background navigation
Let me know how they work out.

The first thing I noticed with this version is instead of using my existing config, it kicked me into config wizard. Since switching to thin client (instead of apk install), this is the first data.gro to have that behavior.

Next I noticed it either ignored or overwrote my poi_visiblities.txt file.

It did appear to use my user.upoi favorites file without overwriting.

Finally it seems to have cleared out my user saved routes.

I exited igo and hand restored my poi_visiblities.txt and routes/* files, started igo, and the same thing happened again. The files got erase/ignored/overwritten. The only difference this time was I didn't get kicked into configuration wizard.

Anyway I went back to v47 and didn't have any of these issues.

I'm glad I had backups of my POI visibilities and Routes because some of them took some time to put together.
Sep 20th, 2011, 12:58 pm
Sep 20th, 2011, 4:33 pm
FYI, I did warn that upgrading from V47 and below might cause a reset to defaults. It should only happen once as it is creating new system files. It wasn't supposed to effect user data. Sorry about that. Try this latest version and let me know how it goes. Keep backups just in case.

Updated to V49:

Minor tweaking.
This should no longer cause any user data to be deleted.
Let me know if any of you are having force close issues with the back button.
Sep 20th, 2011, 4:33 pm
Sep 21st, 2011, 6:07 am
Try to fix loading saved route, disappeared from the menu. Now the route is saved at DEMO.
Sep 21st, 2011, 6:07 am
Sep 21st, 2011, 7:06 am
I have tried another version of IGO on my dell streak and have some requests/questiions:

1) The application volume worked on the other version and I notice you removed it in a previous version. this was a nice feature as I play audiobooks in the background while IGO runs and I set the IGO volume quite low. Could you please try to return this feature.

2) Also is there a way to remove the speed from the GPS map, for me it is just clutter on the map.

3) In the past I used IGO on a windows mobile phone. In it you could change the range on the main map screen by selecting btns. Is there any way to do this now.

Thanks
Sep 21st, 2011, 7:06 am