May 25th, 2008, 9:27 am
barty22 wrote:Thanks Kajoe! Today was the first time I tried (Dutch) TTS voices in iGO8, and I can't say I like it all that much.. Both Saskia and Willem are explaining the directions to take in an illogical (confusing) way... and the transitions to other words sometimes have a long pause or some noise, like part of a word. Then again, the normal Dutch voices aren't too good either imo, and i like the pronounciation of streets!

Edit: Let me add that sometimes both speakers are talking way too fast, sometimes even skipping the beginning or end of a word... also the use of the dutch language is totally wrong (grammar, structures of sentences, etc.)... Back to non-TTS "De Haan 1.0", the best Dutch voice thus far imo.

Bart

Maybe you can look through the command.csv and help improve the TTS voice.
May 25th, 2008, 9:27 am
May 25th, 2008, 10:47 am
Hello ladude626

I improved the Dutch command.csv, so it will be more logical. And I allready made it louder. I have added the new improved louder Saskia and Willem here. I hope people will let me know if it is necessary to improve more on the Dutch TTS

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MDFUGORB (Saskia_TTS IGO Loud.rar)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZE1HBNH (Willem_TTS IGO Loud.rar)

Have fun; Kajoe
May 25th, 2008, 10:47 am
May 25th, 2008, 11:26 am
Could anyone kindly upload the Danish TTS voice please :lol:
May 25th, 2008, 11:26 am
May 25th, 2008, 12:59 pm
Italian TTS updated fixed version 1.2

Code: Select allhttp://rapidshare.com/files/117458959/Luca_6.5.3_iGo8-PDAPNA_TTS_Italiano_HQ_Fix1.2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/117458957/Luca_Paola_6.5_iGo8-PDAPNA_TTS_Italiano_LQ_Fix1.2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/117458961/Paola_6.5.3_iGo8-PDAPNA_TTS_Italiano_HQ_Fix1.2.rar

Code: Select allchangelog:

Version 1.2
- Increased volume.. added \volume=100 on each sentence. Tnx to tb813 for his tip!
- Fixed file italian6.5.lex to get rid of some boring missing translation and map names errors..
..now "onto" is correctly uttered as "sulla" in sentences like "Prendi a destra sulla rampa" and not "Prendi a destra onto rampa".
..fixed map error "stada no nome", now is uttered as "strada senza nome";
- Fixed more sentences in commands.csv, optimizing lenghts for better understanding;

Version 1.1
- Fixed more sentences in commands.csv and destname.csv, removed boring/useless word "Preparati";
- Changed more words like Rotatoria->Rotonda and more fixes on punctuation marks;
- Modified vde filename reference in order to make simultaneous installation of High and Low quality version;
- Restored original reading speed;

Version 1.0
- Corrected some stress and sentences in info.ini and commands.csv for both High and Low quality version;
..i.e. words like Velocita->Velocità, Preparàti->Prepàrati;
- Increased reading speed;

Italiano:
Versione 1.2
- Aumentato il volume.. aggiunto il parametro \volume=100 in ogni frase. Grazie al suggerimento di tb813!
- Corretto il file italian6.5.lex per liberarsi di alcune traduzioni assenti e di alcuni errore sui nomi nella mappa..
..ora la parola "onto" viene pronunciata correttamente come "sulla" in frasi come "Prendi a destra sulla rampa" e non "prendi a destra onto rampa".
..corretta la pronuncia di "stada no nome", ora viene usato "strada senza nome";
- Corrette altre frasi in commands.csv ottimizzandone la lunghezza per una migliore comprensione;

Versione 1.1
- Corrette altre frasi in commands.csv e destname.csv, rimossa la noiosa e inutile parola "Preparati";
- Cambiate altre parola come Rotatoria->Rotonda e corretta la punteggiatura;
- Modificati i riferimenti ai file vde per consentire l'installazione contemporanea di entrambe le versioni in Alta e Bassa qualità;
- Ripristinata la velocitÓ di lettura originale;

Versione 1.0
- Corretti alcuni accenti ed alcune frasi nel file info.ini e commands.csv in entrambe le versioni, Alta e Bassa qualità;
..es. parole come Velocita->Velocità, Preparàti->Prepàrati;
- Aumentata la velocitÓ di lettura;

Bye
KK
May 25th, 2008, 12:59 pm
May 25th, 2008, 1:07 pm
In the US, is there a way to make it to say highway number and a direction when changing highways or getting onto one? Something like "take 322 west"
May 25th, 2008, 1:07 pm
May 25th, 2008, 1:36 pm
GuTi20 wrote:
pityu12 wrote:Please upload hungarian TTS for me.
If you give me hungarian TTS, I will send you 20 WRZ$!!!

Hali Pityu!

Itt van neked egy link. Van benne magyar TTS:
http://rs81.rapidshare.com/files/114429889/phoneme.zip

szia! feltudnád tenni valahova megegyszer mert a rapidrol törölték.
elöre is köszönöm.
May 25th, 2008, 1:36 pm
May 25th, 2008, 2:11 pm
tb813 wrote:I figured how to increase the volume level for Loquendo TTS voices. They are still not as loud as most of standard non-TTS iGo voices, but much louder than before! I can finally hear Susan when driving on a highway with music on :). Dave's level is a bit lower, but still ok. Kate was already louder than Dave and Susan - still this mod increased her voice volume a little bit as well. I did not test Simon at all, although I applied the same mod to his voice too.

WOW, it's a great tip. As we say in spanish: "Cojonudo"

Finally in my Touch Cruise loquendo voices sounds louder.

Here they are the Spanish Loquendo modified files for TTS Jorge and Carmen voices, with louder volume:

http://www.4shared.com/file/48863281/2ba3743b/Loquendo_volumen_alto.html

Just replace Voice_TTS-loq-Esp-m1.zip and Voice_TTS-loq-Esp-f1.zip files in \iGO8\content\voice path.

Thanks
May 25th, 2008, 2:11 pm

May 25th, 2008, 2:28 pm
Thanks Kajoe, I tried those updated files for a small drive to work.. got a few mistakes:

Sla na ... meter linksaf/rechtsaf op DE %streetname in. -> Sla na ... meter linksaf/rechtsaf de %streetname op.
Ga daarna/na .. meter rechtdoor de rotonde. -> Ga daarna/na .. meter rechtdoor over de rotonde.
Neem de ... afslag op DE %streetname. -> Neem de ... afslag op de %streetname

The word DE (written down here in capitals) is pronounced in a weird way.

I had a look at commands.csv, but don't really understand how to update it to correct these problems.
May 25th, 2008, 2:28 pm
May 25th, 2008, 4:20 pm
tb813 wrote:I figured how to increase the volume level for Loquendo TTS voices. They are still not as loud as most of standard non-TTS iGo voices, but much louder than before! I can finally hear Susan when driving on a highway with music on :). Dave's level is a bit lower, but still ok. Kate was already louder than Dave and Susan - still this mod increased her voice volume a little bit as well. I did not test Simon at all, although I applied the same mod to his voice too.

many thx,
I applied to french TTS voice (only juliette_TTS_v1.0), and works great
it's possible now to drive 120km/h with music, window half opened, and to hear instructions...

:D so, here is the link for frenchies.. (others too, of course...)
http://rapidshare.com/files/117523792/Voice_TTS-loq-Fra-f1.zip.html
May 25th, 2008, 4:20 pm
May 25th, 2008, 4:37 pm
kasperok wrote:Italian TTS updated fixed version 1.2

Sei un grande !
Bravo !

:wink:
May 25th, 2008, 4:37 pm
May 25th, 2008, 6:48 pm
pst77 wrote:

many thx,
I applied to french TTS voice (only juliette_TTS_v1.0), and works great
it's possible now to drive 120km/h with music, window half opened, and to hear instructions...

:D so, here is the link for frenchies.. (others too, of course...)
http://rapidshare.com/files/117523792/Voice_TTS-loq-Fra-f1.zip.html

Big thanks to you !!

Merci, bon travail ;)

PS: What's "#tts_mode_mixed=1" ?

PS2: par contre elle ne sait toujours pas dire 2,4 kms (virgule) elle dit 2 - 4 kms mais bon :p j'ai aussi remarqué que la voix rame moins !
May 25th, 2008, 6:48 pm

French user ;)
Navigon 8110 Edition ViaMichelin (nav. app.: iGO & Navigon)
TomTom One v4
PDA EPK007 (NoName)
May 25th, 2008, 8:52 pm
Great job, KK !!!
BTW I've just overwritten all the files (dll included) without reinstalling.
Everything seems to work: at lest the voice is lauder, i'm using the HQ version instead of LQ, etc.
Seems to me to hear a sort of eco (was there already with previous configuration) which cannot be better understood.
Tks again
P.
May 25th, 2008, 8:52 pm
May 25th, 2008, 9:40 pm
tb813 wrote:
titanium180 wrote:the phrase "take the next left/right on TO..." is pronounced "take the next left/right on THE...".

Are you sure that it says THE for turns, like in the quote above? And not just for some keep left/right maneuvers? I could not verify it right now as I don't have my PNA with me, but looking at commands.csv that's what I see.

If this is for keep left/right only, you'll need to find all occurances of "on the %streetname" (not including the quotes) in the command.csv file (they are all within the template priorities_2 block), and replace them by: "on to %streetname", or just "%destname" (without "on to" part al all).
I agree that it should not say THE, just did not notice it myself before...

The louder voices files have improved this problem but not solved it. I can try editing the commands.csv file and see if I can get it right this time. I don't understand why I'm the only one reporting it? I don't know what would be different on my c320 that would cause this.
May 25th, 2008, 9:40 pm
May 26th, 2008, 12:08 am
Mail in french For French
Bonjour
Suite a l'astuce de la Dll pour WinCe 4.2 (Donc Les Mio C710, 510, MyGuide,Thyfoon, Etc...), j'ai pu essayer et modifier Juliette TTS v1.0 (Surtout au niveau des commandes et de la diction, le volume est evidemment a 100)
Il a ete teste en 320*200 avec succes (Meme Avec mon Samsung a 300Mhz)

Voilou, je le met la pour tous ceux qui veulent comparer la version d'origine et la mienne
Ici:http://uploaded.to/?id=f6jezu

des Exemples: Ca ne dit plus Tout le Temps
'Tournez a Gauche A3 Preparez Vous A tourner a droite a 200 Metres'
Mais
'Tournez a Gauche vers A3, Puis tournez a droite a 200 Metres
Idem pour la lecture des Kms puis unitees
Avant: 'a Deux Deux Kilometres Tournez...'
Apres: 'a Deux Kilometres Deux, Tournez ....'
Corrige plein d'erreurs de Diction etc...
(J'ai arrete a 3Kms par manque de courage hihi)

Faites une petite silmulation et comparez...

Ps Pour ceux qui ont un WinCE 4.2 Ca fonctionne Tres Bien , Lisez ceci:
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=47483&p=255088#p255088

Cordialement Jpette
May 26th, 2008, 12:08 am
May 26th, 2008, 6:30 am
Jpette wrote:Mail in french For French
Bonjour
Suite a l'astuce de la Dll pour WinCe 4.2 (Donc Les Mio C710, 510, MyGuide,Thyfoon, Etc...), j'ai pu essayer et modifier Juliette TTS v1.0 (Surtout au niveau des commandes et de la diction, le volume est evidemment a 100)
Il a ete teste en 320*200 avec succes (Meme Avec mon Samsung a 300Mhz)

Voilou, je le met la pour tous ceux qui veulent comparer la version d'origine et la mienne
Ici:http://uploaded.to/?id=f6jezu

des Exemples: Ca ne dit plus Tout le Temps
'Tournez a Gauche A3 Preparez Vous A tourner a droite a 200 Metres'
Mais
'Tournez a Gauche vers A3, Puis tournez a droite a 200 Metres
Idem pour la lecture des Kms puis unitees
Avant: 'a Deux Deux Kilometres Tournez...'
Apres: 'a Deux Kilometres Deux, Tournez ....'
Corrige plein d'erreurs de Diction etc...
(J'ai arrete a 3Kms par manque de courage hihi)

Faites une petite silmulation et comparez...

Ps Pour ceux qui ont un WinCE 4.2 Ca fonctionne Tres Bien , Lisez ceci:
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=47483&p=255088#p255088

Cordialement Jpette

Ok merci je vais testé ceci aujourd'hui ;)

Par contre c'est pour la version HQ ou LQ ? (ou les deux??)
May 26th, 2008, 6:30 am

French user ;)
Navigon 8110 Edition ViaMichelin (nav. app.: iGO & Navigon)
TomTom One v4
PDA EPK007 (NoName)