May 29th, 2008, 6:58 pm
pdaway wrote:@lilitheking

Je pense que c'est OK mais, ne pas oublier après copie des 4 dll's Locqxxx de désinstaller iGO8 et de le réinstaller.
Ces 4 dll's sont alors copiées dans le PDA en Program Files/iGO8

Bon courage !

Ca, je n'ai pas fait....je vais essayer alors!

Merci

PS : effectivement, c'est cela qui manquait! Le TTS fonctionne maintenant. Je le teste en simulation et c'est bizarre : les noms des rues sont parfois tronquées. Faut peut-être pas commencer à critiquer... :lol:

MERCI MERCI
May 29th, 2008, 6:58 pm
May 29th, 2008, 7:10 pm
Voor alle Nederlanders. Ik irriteerde mij nogal aan de foutjes in sommige vertalingen. Ik ben zoveel mogelijke dingen bij langs gegaan en heb deze verbeterd. Als anderen nog gekkigheidjes vinden meld het even en dan kan ik er nog eens naar kijken.

Te downloaden vanaf http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showpost.php?p=2056228&postcount=489
May 29th, 2008, 7:10 pm
May 29th, 2008, 7:36 pm
De mensen uit het Verenigd Koninkrijk vergeeft u :D
May 29th, 2008, 7:36 pm
May 29th, 2008, 8:49 pm
@lilitheking

Est-ce que ça saccade ou c'est plutôt un problème de prononciation ?

Pour ma part, le TTS HQ et LQ produise un ralentissement de mon PDA pendant la navigation, la map disparait puis se réaffiche :( dommage car le TTS c'est sympa!
J'ai 30Mo de RAM quand je lance Igo, mais ça doit pas suffire. Je me contente donc de la voix de Renée... ;(
May 29th, 2008, 8:49 pm

French user ;)
Navigon 8110 Edition ViaMichelin (nav. app.: iGO & Navigon)
TomTom One v4
PDA EPK007 (NoName)
May 29th, 2008, 10:25 pm
spamoi wrote:@lilitheking

Pour ma part, le TTS HQ et LQ produise un ralentissement de mon PDA pendant la navigation, la map disparait puis se réaffiche :( dommage car le TTS c'est sympa!
J'ai 30Mo de RAM quand je lance Igo, mais ça doit pas suffire. Je me contente donc de la voix de Renée... ;(

Je ne l'ai pas encore essayé sur la route...le test est donc pour demain.

Quand Juliette prononce la rue, parfois, il manque la fin p.ex "rue des poires" deviendrait "rue des poi"

Pour les saccades, je dirai quoi demain.

Puis, entre-nous, et c'est personnel, je ne vois pas l'intérêt d'entendre le nom de la rue prononcée par le TTS... techniquement c'est très bien mais à par cela, moi, je n'en vois pas l'intérêt immédiat.

Peut-être qu'un expérimenté du TTS pourrait me dire la réelle utilité du TTS :lol: ?
@+
May 29th, 2008, 10:25 pm
May 30th, 2008, 5:42 am
:shock: on va finir par avoir des remarques desobligeantes....
c'est un forum anglais... faut faire des efforts!! :shock:

for the need to re install Igo after install tts voices, it seems to be a PDA trouble only
on my PNA (where all is on sd card), I just added tts files for in "content\voices" and "tts_loq" , and dlls in Igo dir.
after that, launching Igo allows me to choose tts voice directly without reinstall Igo.

@lilitheking:
street name prononciation is really usefull in town ( I think)
especially when u arrive a crossroad where streets looks like a "K" where there are 2 street on left
if you are on the "I" of the "K" and must take one street on your left, without tts, it will be: "turn left" with tts, it 'll be "turn left in the blabla street"
and in that case, as there are street names plates(often), you can see immediately which one of the 2 streets you must take
the benefit of tts, is that you don't need to look the screen of the GPS, vocal guidance is enough...
but of course, without tts voice, in the case of the street in "K", looking the screen, will give you the same information

:( but its true that tts voices seems to slow GPS, especially if u are in city, with buildings activated!!
May 30th, 2008, 5:42 am
May 30th, 2008, 5:46 am
Strongly agree.

Tout à fait d'accord .
May 30th, 2008, 5:46 am
May 30th, 2008, 5:56 am
tb813 wrote:Also in the archive are EnglishGb6.9.lex and EnglishUS6.9.lex files, slightly modified compare to original version posted by ladude626. It makes the english TTS voices to say "West" instead of spelling "W" (it already pronounced other directions - E, S, N etc - correctly), and includes a couple other minor pronunciation fixes. ladude626 - you may consider updating your packages to include these fixes, you can find all of them (there are only a few) by comparing these files with their original versions. These changes have nothing to do with volume.

Hmm... The 'modified' dictionaries (posted separately from the original archive) put up previously by ladude626, actually already did fixed the West (W), East (E), North (N), South (S) pronuciation problems that I have back then.

tb813 wrote:I figured how to increase the volume level for Loquendo TTS voices. They are still not as loud as most of standard non-TTS iGo voices, but much louder than before! I can finally hear Susan when driving on a highway with music on :). Dave's level is a bit lower, but still ok. Kate was already louder than Dave and Susan - still this mod increased her voice volume a little bit as well. I did not test Simon at all, although I applied the same mod to his voice too.
These are English language profiles only. If you would like to increase the volume of other voices, you will need to make the same changes in commands.csv and info.ini files of these other voice profiles to include "\volume=100" tag in front of every voice command in these files. Please do not ask me how to do that - refer to modified English files to figure it out. (NOTE: 100 is the maximum value supported by Loquendo. Anything above 100 will not make voices louder!)

Good job tb813! You figured it out. It seems the "\volume=100" line used in the past to fix Mio C230 still applies to iGo 8. :)
http://c230.wordpress.com/increasing-samanthas-tts-volume/

tb813 wrote:Now, when the volume problem is no longer a problem, and when the new April version of iGo resolved stability issues when using TTS, the only problem left is with TTS saying the road numbers instead of street names. Moon, where are you?? Please respond to my questions here - hopefully with your help we can make TTS voices perfect!

I didn't login recently because I was on a break. Course, it didn't help that I have also caught the flu then. So, I have been out for a while. Sorry :(

As for why my iGo TTS can read street names as names instead of numbers... It's because I am using the PNA version. :D
The PDA version likely did not have the option enabled that makes TTS say the road names instead of numbers. I don't think it's the ' alternative_roadnames="1" ' line and it's not the Loq TTS files either. Let me see what I can find out. I have to do some more tests with the PNA and PDA versions. Not sure how much time I have though. Hopefully, with the above info, someone will be able to figure this out?

btw... Don't know why people are referring me as 'he' :shock: . I thought 'Moon' was a feminine name. Hmm....
May 30th, 2008, 5:56 am
May 30th, 2008, 6:23 am

francais:
dans mon cas, quand je lance Igo 8, cela utilise 33.5 Mo de ram...
utilisé: 11.9Mo avant, 45.4 Mo apres...
je sais pas si ca marche sur pda, mais sur mon PNA,j'utilise un script de lancement mortscript qui alloue pratiquement toute la ram au fonctionnement du prog, ne laissant que 1Mo pour le stockage.
mon PNa a 60Mo de ram, et comme ca, il me reste encore env 14Mo de ram libre pour le programme

english:
launching Igo8 uses 33.5 Mo of Ram (in my case)
so I use a a mortscript script to launch Igo, and which gives nearly all RAM for program memory.
I only keep 1Mo for storage memory
as My PNa has 60Mo RAM,when Igo is running, I still have about 14Mo "safety" free memory for program
May 30th, 2008, 6:23 am
May 30th, 2008, 6:44 am
Moon wrote:Hmm... The 'modified' dictionaries (posted separately from the original archive) put up previously by ladude626, actually already did fixed the West (W), East (E), North (N), South (S) pronuciation problems.

Well, for me they fixed E, N, S - but not the West (W) or SW. Anyway, I think ladude626 already posted updated versions...
Moon wrote:It seems the "\volume=100" line used in the past to fix Mio C230 still applies to iGo 8. :)

Not exactly - but close. The tag that worked for RealSpeak voices was "\vol=100", and I tried that one first... Although it may seem too obvious, it took a little more digging to find out the "\volume" one :)...
Moon wrote:As for why my iGo TTS can read street names as names instead of numbers... It's because I am using the PNA version. :D ... Let me see what I can find out.

But - I'm using the PNA version too!!! Both iGo8 versions that worked on my PNA - 8.0.0.29000 and 8.0.0.35389 - pronounced road numbers only instead of street names. And it was the same with either 2007.07 or 2007.10 US maps. What exact version # do you use? What data.zip (there are multiple different versions of "original" data.zip are floating around)? What skin(s) if any? What device model do you run iGo on?
Moon wrote:Don't know why people are referring me as 'he' :shock: . I thought 'Moon' was a feminine name.

Oh... Ghm... Did I ever say that you're "he" :)? But I suppose in most languages "Moon" can be almost equally applied to both sexes though...
May 30th, 2008, 6:44 am
May 30th, 2008, 7:34 am
pst77 wrote:@lilitheking:
street name prononciation is really usefull in town ( I think)
especially when u arrive a crossroad where streets looks like a "K" where there are 2 street on left
if you are on the "I" of the "K" and must take one street on your left, without tts, it will be: "turn left" with tts, it 'll be "turn left in the blabla street"
and in that case, as there are street names plates(often), you can see immediately which one of the 2 streets you must take
the benefit of tts, is that you don't need to look the screen of the GPS, vocal guidance is enough...
but of course, without tts voice, in the case of the street in "K", looking the screen, will give you the same information

:( but its true that tts voices seems to slow GPS, especially if u are in city, with buildings activated!!

Yes, when decision is difficult due to "k" streets (as GPS information on screen is a bit late), we need to look at the screen and perhaps, in this case, TTS can help but not sure at all :lol:

@+
May 30th, 2008, 7:34 am
May 30th, 2008, 8:25 am
Guys, if you find the Greek language TTS files, for high-quality, can you please post them? It would be great!

Les gars, si vous trouvez les fichiers TTS (haute qualite) pour la langue Grecque, pourriez-vous les poster ici? Je vous remercie!
May 30th, 2008, 8:25 am
May 30th, 2008, 8:43 am
What is about new german TTS Voices with louder sound? Fine would be in lower quality.
May 30th, 2008, 8:43 am
May 30th, 2008, 5:12 pm
Moon wrote:btw... Don't know why people are referring me as 'he' :shock: . I thought 'Moon' was a feminine name. Hmm....

Lol, don't feel bad, since probably 95% of people in ppc forums are male, others just assume you are too. Even I make that assumption alot of times, and I am a female :D
May 30th, 2008, 5:12 pm
May 30th, 2008, 7:33 pm
lilitheking wrote:

Je ne l'ai pas encore essayé sur la route...le test est donc pour demain.

Quand Juliette prononce la rue, parfois, il manque la fin p.ex "rue des poires" deviendrait "rue des poi"

Pour les saccades, je dirai quoi demain.

Puis, entre-nous, et c'est personnel, je ne vois pas l'intérêt d'entendre le nom de la rue prononcée par le TTS... techniquement c'est très bien mais à par cela, moi, je n'en vois pas l'intérêt immédiat.

Peut-être qu'un expérimenté du TTS pourrait me dire la réelle utilité du TTS :lol: ?
@+

J'ai testé ce jour la fonction TTS avec Juliette sur un airis 620. Disons que ça marche convenablement sauf que la prononciation de "71" p.exemple est comique. A vrai dire, à mon avis, le TTS n'est qu'un gadget et je ne vois franchement pas sa réelle utilité :lol:

@+
May 30th, 2008, 7:33 pm