May 27th, 2008, 1:57 am
zmanuel wrote:To correct the pronounciation for the "onto" you can edit the EnglishUs6.9.lex or EnglishGb6.9.lex file. Just add an entry of the form

"onto" = "ontoo"

and it will sound better (at least sounds better to my ears).

By the way, was anybody able to decrypt the ".lex" files in the voice dirs? It looks like an easy encrypition that adds some number to the ascii code, but not sure ...

thanks! that worked fine for Susan.
May 27th, 2008, 1:57 am
May 27th, 2008, 1:59 am
Miopets wrote:@chicofox,

Do you have problem of TTS says the number for ANY and ALL roads that display a number along with the street name at the top of the screen.
Example:
Roadname on screen ---> Dixie Hwy (127) TTS says ---> "127" instead of "Dixie Highway"
Roadname on screen ---> Kyles Ln (1072) TTS says ---> "1072" instead of "Kyles Lane"
Roadname on screen ---> Highland Ave TTS says ---> "Highland Avenue"

I have this problem for both versions of iGO8 TTS for PNA v29000 & v35389. Anyone has found a solution?

yes, mine does the same thing for v35389. I don't remember if it did for v29000 tho
May 27th, 2008, 1:59 am
May 27th, 2008, 7:05 am
Jpette wrote:Si vraiment vous vous en sortez pas il faudra que je fasse un Pack pret a l'emploi , mais ca fait 60Mo (et chez moi 60Mo a transferer Ahem...faudra etre patient...)
Cordialement Jpette

YES PLEASE !
It would be a bright idea because I always find a difference between the Bytes number you indicate in
"Igo8 TTS for Windows CE 4.2 PNA" post N° 14
and the one I obtain after file extractions.
:?
May 27th, 2008, 7:05 am
May 27th, 2008, 2:16 pm
hey's,

I test on the TyTNII (french version WM6.0) + iGO8 v 31442

New Dll + new French6.5.lex

Infortunally, dont work, I observe some error and freeze :

"Fatal error occured in main thread. Adress: 0x004429c64 / Exception 0x0000005

Any Idea ?
May 27th, 2008, 2:16 pm
May 27th, 2008, 3:04 pm
Hi
How can I edit the portuguese tts Amalia to cut the "F*CK" in the final of "You arrived to your destination" ?
Thanks
May 27th, 2008, 3:04 pm
May 27th, 2008, 3:50 pm
Bonjour, pour "pdaway" et les qq autres,

Je vous ai mis ici (pas sur rapidshare car ca fait chier leurs trucs avec les chats), mais sur Uploded.to
Juliette toute prete avec les 2 Modes 32Khz (Mis Par defaut) et la version 16Khz 'lire le readme.txt) dans le Rar, Bref dans tous les cas LISEZ Le!. (Fichier avec les 2 Tailles + Dlls etc= 43Mo)

C'est ici: http://uploaded.to/?id=oidtzj

Cordialement Jpette
May 27th, 2008, 3:50 pm
May 27th, 2008, 5:33 pm
@Jpette
Bonsoir, et merci pour cette réponse si rapide.
Lu et relu le readme.txt, pointé chaque fichier (emplacement et taille), et moment d'espoir trouvé différence en Bytes pour french6.5.lde et juliette.vde
Mais, toujours le même PB : un "couic" lors de la sélection du guide TTS et pas de message
(rien non plus en fonction survol sauf un "ding" qui indique qu'une instruction va suivre....)
Je finis par me demander si mon PPC Fujitsu LOOX 720 avec WinPPC 4.21.1088 n'est pas allergique au TTS
(peut-être une particularité de la version 4.21.1088)
Je pense malheureusement être obligé d'abandonner l'option TTS ... :cry: :cry:
Par chance, tout le reste fonctionne au petit poil et je vais pouvoir "tester" tout cela sur environ 20 000Km dans une dizaine de jours à travers B, NL, D, DK, S, N, FIN et PL sur un peu plus de 3 mois. (vive la retraite ...) :lol:
Encore merci pour ce soutien et cette aide. Amicalement.
May 27th, 2008, 5:33 pm
May 27th, 2008, 7:32 pm
Thanks zmanuel for the suggestion to add "ontoo" to the Lex file. That solved the "on the" problem.

ladude626, Thanks for the Lex editor. I used that to make the "ontoo" addition. Could you give a brief description of how to get the voices to work in the Lex editor? I've tried moving the editor and .dll files to various folders but I keep getting a variety of errors when I select Susan from the drop-down box. It would be cool to be able to listen to changes and tweak pronunciations without having to try it on the device.
Thanks,
titanium180
May 27th, 2008, 7:32 pm
May 27th, 2008, 8:18 pm
tichuiche wrote:hey's,

Any Idea ?

Il ne FAUT PAS utiliser les nouvelles DLL qui est sur la 1ère page, sinon plantage! C'est uniquement pour CE v4.x

C'est mal indiqué sur la 1ère page, je me suis fait avoir aussi...
May 27th, 2008, 8:18 pm

French user ;)
Navigon 8110 Edition ViaMichelin (nav. app.: iGO & Navigon)
TomTom One v4
PDA EPK007 (NoName)
May 27th, 2008, 9:27 pm
titanium180 wrote:Thanks zmanuel for the suggestion to add "ontoo" to the Lex file. That solved the "on the" problem.

ladude626, Thanks for the Lex editor. I used that to make the "ontoo" addition. Could you give a brief description of how to get the voices to work in the Lex editor? I've tried moving the editor and .dll files to various folders but I keep getting a variety of errors when I select Susan from the drop-down box. It would be cool to be able to listen to changes and tweak pronunciations without having to try it on the device.
Thanks,
titanium180

at least you can run the program. It quits after this error message: "Error opening LTTS registry section. Please reinstall Loquendo TTS"
May 27th, 2008, 9:27 pm
May 28th, 2008, 12:36 am
spamoi wrote:
tichuiche wrote:hey's,

Any Idea ?

Il ne FAUT PAS utiliser les nouvelles DLL qui est sur la 1ère page, sinon plantage! C'est uniquement pour CE v4.x

C'est mal indiqué sur la 1ère page, je me suis fait avoir aussi...

C'est pareil ! j'avais essayé sans les dll's avant et cela plante tout de même!
c'est à cause du plantage que j'ai mis les dll's (celles ci apparues après les produit *.lex)

It is similar! I had tested without the dll' S before and that freeze all the same!
it is because of freezing that I put the dll' S (those appeared after the product * .lex)
May 28th, 2008, 12:36 am
May 28th, 2008, 9:30 am
Nupi wrote:Hi
How can I edit the portuguese tts Amalia to cut the "F*CK" in the final of "You arrived to your destination" ?
Thanks

Aqui tens Nupi, corrigi todos os palavrões e também algumas frases que não estavam perfeitas, penso estar tudo a 100% agora, posta feedback depois.

Substitui os ficheiros na pasta content\voice por estes.

Eusébio: http://rapidshare.com/files/118240484/Voice_TTS-loq-por-m1.zip.html

Amália: http://rapidshare.com/files/118239933/Voice_TTS-loq-Por-f1.zip.html

Zircum.

Here are the profile files for TTS Portuguese voice, they have all corrected sentences, some or another missed by me when translating the first time, if you can update the portuguese package I appreciate it Ladude626.

Thank You all,

Zircum.
May 28th, 2008, 9:30 am
May 28th, 2008, 9:56 am
zircum wrote:
Nupi wrote:Hi
Thanks

Aqui tens Nupi, corrigi todos os palavrões e também algumas frases que não estavam perfeitas, penso estar tudo a 100% agora, posta feedback depois.

Substitui os ficheiros na pasta content\voice por estes.

Eusébio: http://rapidshare.com/files/118240484/Voice_TTS-loq-por-m1.zip.html

Amália: http://rapidshare.com/files/118239933/Voice_TTS-loq-Por-f1.zip.html

Zircum.

Here are the profile files for TTS Portuguese voice, they have all corrected sentences, some or another missed by me when translating the first time, if you can update the portuguese package I appreciate it Ladude626.

Thank You all,

Zircum.

(Sorry my bad english) Mutch, mutch better. All corrected as five stars.. Only can improve the sound level..

thanks

Portugues..
Muito, muito melhor sim senhor..
as frases estão muito melhores, pois tinha muitas falhas de construção, e agora 5 estrelas

Será que é fácil aumentar o volume mais facilmente que o estar a edita dezenas de linhas no ficheiro commands.csv?

Thanks
May 28th, 2008, 9:56 am
May 28th, 2008, 11:07 am
zmanuel wrote:By the way, was anybody able to decrypt the ".lex" files in the voice dirs? It looks like an easy encrypition that adds some number to the ascii code, but not sure ...

I've written a small program that will encrypt/decrypt the between the lex format and regular ascii. Although the "encryption" is rather basic some of the lex files supplied here are badly decrypted for accented characters (at least for portuguese, the only one I've tried).

The program "lexconv" is a command line utility, so open a command prompt in a folder containing both lexconv and the lex file you want to convert and type "lexconv lexfilename" (without quotes), or more easily, in an explorer window just drag and drop the lex file onto lexconv. It will convert between both formats depending on which format the file is. The ascii version can be edited in any regular text editor (like notepad).

Hope you'll find it usefull. Download here: http://rapidshare.com/files/118255589/lexconv.rar.html
May 28th, 2008, 11:07 am