Aug 11th, 2009, 9:52 pm
hi,
are you all running this whit NO sounds?i doent have any sounds whit this release! any help pleace.
Aug 11th, 2009, 9:52 pm
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:04 am
dp64 wrote:i was able to get this version up and running on my gps. BUT i am having a few issues:

1 - Power management is not right. when i turn it on, it goes into sleep mode when plugged in. i found a post to delete the power settings in the applicationSettings.xml and that worked but i would like it to auto power down when i turn my car off if possible.

EDIT: Just got it to work. i used the power settings from my 7.3 version and it works so far. Just was now wondering how to change the countdown timer from 30 sec to something less like 10. any ideas?

2 - Map / POI not perfect. im having an issue with the POI's on route being slightly off from where they really are. im also seeing that the map is not being displayed correctly on my screen. i wonder if any of the nfs or poi files have to do with this. if so, anyone have a good set of them i can use along with the latest Q3 2009 maps?

3 - Slugish performance. Compared to the older version, 7.3, that i was using, the map moves slower which is kind of annoying. i wonder if this has anything to do with the auto zoom feature. i tried playing with the zoom settings but it almost seems like they dont take into effect when i change it. any ideas on this?

any help on these 3 issues would be great! thanks. :)

try to change in UserSettings.xml parameter <OldMapDrawer>0</OldMapDrawer> from 0 to 1, it helps me so much, because zooming in 7310 very bad. U'll lose terrains in view, but win much more
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:04 am
Aug 14th, 2009, 1:58 am
Hi
I installed this version on my e4330i clone PND with Australia Q2 2009 and I have two queries I hope somebody can answer.
1. When I start navigon and try to do anything I get the following message:
The battery is almost dead. The device will turnoff within a short time. ... sec
After a short time the 3 dots become a countdown from 9 to zero when the device goes into hibernation.
If I press the on button and let it time out 2 times, then on the 3rd times it then works correctly until I shut the device down completely and then I have to go through the 3 turnons to get it to work.

2. What exactly are these phoneme files? They are enormous and my device didn't have one right from the start. Even the 7.3 version did not have this file. I installed eng-USA_Heather_def_tts.sar in the sounds folder and I have TTS working so do I need these phoneme files?
Thank you for your help
Aug 14th, 2009, 1:58 am
Aug 14th, 2009, 2:09 am
For the battery issue, look in the settings/applicationsettings.xml and delete these lines:
<ACWarning>
<PowerState WarnState="4">13</PowerState>
<PowerState WarnState="3">16</PowerState>
<PowerState WarnState="2">20</PowerState>
</ACWarning>

As for the phoneme file, I am curious about it as well. Never did find a good reason for it. TTS works fine without it.
Aug 14th, 2009, 2:09 am
Aug 14th, 2009, 2:17 am
Thank you dominic. Worked a treat. I was lost with the xml file, so I really appreciate your input.
gordonwh40 :lol:
Aug 14th, 2009, 2:17 am
Aug 14th, 2009, 2:47 am
gordonwh40 wrote:Hi
I installed this version on my e4330i clone PND with Australia Q2 2009

Hi gordonwh40,

Can I ask where you got the Q2 2009 AU map from? and do speed limits show on the screen when navigating and or in simulation mode? and does realityview work for you?

regards

Dazza
Aug 14th, 2009, 2:47 am
Aug 14th, 2009, 4:04 am
Hi Dazza60
found the map here:\
Gps Underground Forums > PDA/PNA/Smartphone navigation software > Navigon > General Discussions about Navigon » [IPhone] NAVIGON Mobile Navigator 1.0 Australia

It is for an iphone, but found the following instructions on using the map, but I cannot remeber where or who posted it:
Navigon 2009 map
I think you will find a recent AU map in this D/L of the latest iPhone Navigon release from jmermel.
After D/L and unpack the two zips and you will get an *.ipa file. Change the ext to *.zip and unpack again and you will get a Navigon folder and inside that there is a payload folder inside which is an Australia.map file (158mb). Also you will find other required .nfs files in this folder.

Haven't tried any yet but should work as long as all the related files are there.

regards
Mine works fine in simulation mode when setting up a route. The map is Q2 2009.

I'm using version 7.4.3 build 793 on a PDA. It has some issues with problems usually associated with running PNA versions on a PDA like top & bottom left overs from windows but other wise seems fine.

You need the .nfs & ini files from the settings>core from the version you are using into the map folder (change the ini to your gps port setting) and I aslo copied the mapdrawer.nfs, POIcats.nfs, realityview_PAC.nfs, sat_EU.nfs & sat_world.nfs files from the iPhone D/L into the Map folder.

I then downloaded the following from ppcwarez and followed the instructions in that thread.
Navigon MobileNavigator 7.4.2 build 802 for PNA [480x272]
Eventually I got it to work after I followed all instructions in the forum.
Have only used it in simulation mode, but did not see any speed limits or reality view.
Hope this helps
gordonwh40
Aug 14th, 2009, 4:04 am
Aug 14th, 2009, 4:52 am
I then downloaded the following from ppcwarez and followed the instructions in that thread.
Navigon MobileNavigator 7.4.2 build 802 for PNA [480x272]
Eventually I got it to work after I followed all instructions in the forum.
Have only used it in simulation mode, but did not see any speed limits or reality view.
Hope this helps

Hi again gordonwh40,

OK it is the same map as I'm using. The instructions that you picked up came from me in the request section of this forum but strangely the link of the original post by jmermel for the same iPhone AU release in ppcwarez has now gone missing or is not accessable.

From my research today it looks like the iPhone map does not have speed limits in it.

I have treid it on the road and sign posts and realityview works but haven't seen lane assist work yet.

regards
Aug 14th, 2009, 4:52 am
Aug 15th, 2009, 2:38 pm
Hi Dazza60 and Gordonwh40, are you having the problem with TTS feature, I managed to install Navigon from gordonwh40's suggestion, it seems working very well except its TTS feature which always pronunces "Road" as "RD" as long as the road name is shown up on map as "xxx RD", it always is pronunced as "RD" not "Road", any idea how I can make it working probably. thanks heaps, mate.
Aug 15th, 2009, 2:38 pm
Aug 16th, 2009, 9:05 pm
Thanks is ok !!!
Aug 16th, 2009, 9:05 pm
Aug 18th, 2009, 7:50 am
Any idea for the slow performance? Some times it just stuck.
Aug 18th, 2009, 7:50 am
Aug 18th, 2009, 1:14 pm
Look up the previous post in this thread about cache memory setting.
Aug 18th, 2009, 1:14 pm
Aug 21st, 2009, 3:32 pm
medinauta wrote:I made this QWERTY keyboard:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OV0GASQ2
How do you change the keyboard letter sequence in MobileNavigator.res? I'm familiar with Resource Extractor and Resource Viewer. I assume you change Keyboard-Layout_ABC.dat but I don't see how.

Update: In Keyboard-Layout_ABC.dat there are 4 occurrences of the letter after each template filename. With a hex editor you can change the letter. The space seems to be automatically last.
Aug 21st, 2009, 3:32 pm
Aug 24th, 2009, 10:50 am
guys... i dont know what im doing wrong.... when i load navigon with navigon.exe it shows a black screen then goes back to windows (im using wm6.1) on my HTC TyTN II. I've got it in the root of SD and my SD is "storage card" has anyone had this issue ?
Aug 24th, 2009, 10:50 am

Chinese Double DIN In Car GPS All-in-One
Dopod 838 Pro WM 6.0
HTC TyTN II WM 6.1
Mio169 and 268
iPhone 3G 16GB

The Only Thread You'll Ever Need
Dead links are as useless as tits on a bull