If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Pocket PCs post it here.
Jun 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm
recently i had to hard reset my htc diamond. i was just wondering is there anyway to prevent installation of softwares like mp3 editor, opera9 etc (which i hardly use) which i think are embedded in the ROM. also what functions will i lose if i do that? and can i install some of those softwares later (using extracted diamond cabs)?
Jun 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Any Indian HTC touch diamond owner with experience with custom ROMs....
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124902
Jun 7th, 2010, 8:28 pm
yogi1982 wrote:recently i had to hard reset my htc diamond. i was just wondering is there anyway to prevent installation of softwares like mp3 editor, opera9 etc (which i hardly use) which i think are embedded in the ROM. also what functions will i lose if i do that? and can i install some of those softwares later (using extracted diamond cabs)?

I never used a HTC Diamond, but generally if the programs are built into the Rom there is no way to prevent installation, without editing the ROM, and I wouldn't even know how to do that, and I would never try because that is a definite way to brick your device. That being said once the hard reset is finished and your device is fully booted up you should be able to remove the programs from the device by going into your remove programs, on my SGH-i617 remove programs in located in setting. As far as what features you would lose, the HTC Diamond should come with pocket internet explorer so you should be able to browse the web still if you remove Opera. As for the mp3 editor I would imagine that that is for editing MP3's so you can set them as ring tones, I would leave that installed. Finally at least for Opera you can download the program later and install it. I hope I have helped you at least a little bit. Have a good day.
Jun 7th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Jun 7th, 2010, 8:42 pm
the problem with these softwares is that they don't appear in the 'remove program' list and eat up a lot of valuable device memory. also these become a little less useful ( and less 'attractive') once their updated versions are out. take for example the office mobile or opera9 or even adobe flash player etc.
Jun 7th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Jun 7th, 2010, 10:16 pm
yogi1982 wrote:the problem with these softwares is that they don't appear in the 'remove program' list and eat up a lot of valuable device memory. also these become a little less useful ( and less 'attractive') once their updated versions are out. take for example the office mobile or opera9 or even adobe flash player etc.

Have you tried to delete the Opera Folder in your device's Program Files?
Jun 7th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Jun 8th, 2010, 9:18 am
There is no way to stop an application from installing from the ROM. The only way is to look for a new ROM that do not have these application (usually known as lite ROMs) for your device. Try looking at XDA Developers. Read in detail instructions and issues before flashing a new ROM if you are new at this.

There should be alot of ROMs for your device.
Jun 8th, 2010, 9:18 am

IF YOU LIKE AN APP, BUY IT TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER

READ THIS IF YOU ARE NEW

ALWAYS ADHERE TO THE RULES AND RESPECT OTHERS

FEEL FREE TO PM ME IF YOU GOT A GOOD IDEA OR NEED HELP
Jun 12th, 2010, 10:53 am
antt00 is right
get a "lite rom" and then install all required apps manually
Jun 12th, 2010, 10:53 am
Jun 12th, 2010, 2:00 pm
i tried rebooting my phone after a hard reset ( just when the device prapares for installation of the OEM package of softwares) and this did save me a lot of device memory. i would love to flash my device with a lighter ROM but frankly speaking i m a little scared to do that kind of experimentation with my device. i have tried scanning xda but there was too much mind boggling info there for my 'nooby' mind to grasp. any experienced touch diamond owner here???

here is my device configuration: it was initially bought with a sim lock ( which i got unlocked after paying a few extra bucks)
Jun 12th, 2010, 2:00 pm