Mar 29th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Hi guys is there any body here who is also a member of the forum bolt.cd?
Mar 29th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Me, I joined two days ago researching something. (Friend couldn't figure out a couple of things)

It's a bit paranoid, if you ask me. Not that I blame them. I have no reason to be paranoid and yet I am.

Who, exactly, are you anyway? Some kind of cop?
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Image Image
Mar 30th, 2012, 2:49 am
I tried to join but it keeps saying registration disabled.
Mar 30th, 2012, 2:49 am
Mar 30th, 2012, 4:38 am
lol, No I am not the internet police. Am just looking to see if some one could get me an account :-)
Mar 30th, 2012, 4:38 am
Mar 30th, 2012, 8:37 am
I think Bolt.cd sucks. You have to have a certain number of posts BEFORE you can post! How crazy is that?
Mar 30th, 2012, 8:37 am

Mar 30th, 2012, 4:31 pm
huh! I didnt know that. I guess they just want to weed out users who just register to download something and never again show up or the users who post links from money sites.
But yeah it sucks!
Mar 30th, 2012, 4:31 pm
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:23 pm
I've been a member of bolt for a long time (prior to it being bolt) and to be honest I've never had issues with either the way the board is run, or the members.

In fact I describe it to people as being easier to 'fit in' than Mobilism. You certainly don't get jumped on by the Mods if you post a link thats been asked for and not fulfilled by the original poster at least.

The ebook section on bolt, whilst not as comprehensive as Mobilism's is certainly busy and the Mods are very forgiving should you post incorrectly. And the members are about as likely to press the thanks button over there as they are here.

Its a different forum, but its not a bad forum. All forums have their own 'feel'. My advice would be to persevere, it only widens your reading/listening choice.
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:23 pm

If you see a link of mine has gone 'down', then feel free to replace the link as I may no longer have the original file.
Apr 2nd, 2012, 6:38 pm
BTW i did get in. Its nice there also.
Apr 2nd, 2012, 6:38 pm
Apr 5th, 2012, 5:48 pm
I have been a member for over a year and if I cant find something here I may find it on Bolt. It's a good site.
Apr 5th, 2012, 5:48 pm
Apr 9th, 2012, 3:37 pm
i am a member on Bolt and find it a good site, well run too.. I know that registration was disabled for a time after the Megaupload situation blew up.. seems it is open for business again thankfully.. re the comment about posting, you have to have a minimum number of posts to be able to post on some of the forums, for example the request section, but there are loads of forums and it is not an onerous task to visit them and take part in the discussions thereby building your post count.. have only been here a short time but see similarities between the sites and hope to enjoy this one as much as I enjoy Bolt
Apr 9th, 2012, 3:37 pm
Apr 22nd, 2012, 5:33 pm
I have been a member with Bolt for a while now. I visit briefly on most days, as I do here, and its easy to see that there is a close relationship between the two forums, at least as far as book releases are concerned.

I don't much agree with the post count requirements on Bolt, but that may be because I'm not very chatty unless I really have something to say. I hate two sentence (agree - disagree or thank you) posts, and refuse to resort to that. And the severely limited choice of filehosts is another point of contention. It resulted in thousands of dead links in the wake of the MegaUpload drama.

Aside from that it is a very nice forum, and the eBook section at least exists in a spirit of cooperation. For me the important thing is the release and improvement of books. Each book, author or series has a thread; and each member is free to add, renew or improve on the selections within without having to adhere to standard guidelines and formats. I means that dead links are replaced fairly quick if a request for a certain book is made, because anyone in possession can just add it to the thread. And some of the members make it a hobby to fix up, reformat bad products or convert them to other formats, and can add their improved versions without fear of repercussions. And new releases of a series or author can just be added to the original post for the convenience of the clients. In my opinion these things have a positive impact on the quality of the freely available digital books on the net. And the use of indirect links (copy/paste) is something that deserves consideration in these days of persecution.

Each forum has strengths and weaknesses. In the best of worlds an ideal forum would perhaps have to be an amalgam between Bolt and Mobilism. :lol:
Apr 22nd, 2012, 5:33 pm

E N J O Y !
Apr 23rd, 2012, 6:28 am
HansJam wrote:In the best of worlds an ideal forum would perhaps have to be an amalgam between Bolt and Mobilism. :lol:

:lol: :lol: An "ideal" forum will have no members. Because as soon as people get involved, it is no longer ideal. :lol:

I agree with all of you, each forum has it's pros and cons but as long as we are "quests" (here or Bolt) we must fit in and abide by the forum rules.

The only way to have a forum that is "perfect" for someone is to develop his/her own.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 6:28 am

If a link is dead and you don't get a reply from me, please refer it to a Mod. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Apr 24th, 2012, 6:59 pm
I tried to register with them SEVERAL times; it never worked. Finally I just moved on. This was before I had found this site, and thank goodness I did!
Apr 24th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Apr 27th, 2012, 2:00 am
You have to have 30 posts in the "Community" forums (General chit chat, etc) before being able to post in Novels, Movies, etc. Easy, about 10-20 mins to get 30 posts.
+ Plus even though you don't have the 30 posts, you can download, just not post requests for re-ups, etc.
I like it, Mods are helpful & lenient & it's in my 4 top sites where I get my books.
Apr 27th, 2012, 2:00 am

Please stop sending pm's for re-ups! I am no longer re-upping dead links.
Apr 28th, 2012, 8:25 pm
StormBorn wrote:You have to have 30 posts in the "Community" forums (General chit chat, etc) before being able to post in Novels, Movies, etc. Easy, about 10-20 mins to get 30 posts.
+ Plus even though you don't have the 30 posts, you can download, just not post requests for re-ups, etc.
I like it, Mods are helpful & lenient & it's in my 4 top sites where I get my books.

I registered but can't log in! I've heard it's great for books
Apr 28th, 2012, 8:25 pm

No longer active.