Aug 21st, 2012, 7:04 pm
The ebook that is posted in the new release section titled (I hope this is not taken as profanity on my behalf , this is the title ) CuntBlood Wars. :shock: by Stephen King. I checked his website and googled it and can't find anywhere that King takes credit for writing this 8 page "teaser". Personally I think that the writing and and overall content is quite amateur and not anything like Stephen King, even after his accident ( and I do think there is a a hint of change post accident) But this story.....sheesh, I actually delelted it from my ereader so my kids would not read it. So my main question is .......Is this a book from THE Stephen King, or maybe someone using his name to get people to pay attention to the book. Anyone????? :? :?
Aug 21st, 2012, 7:04 pm
Aug 21st, 2012, 7:21 pm
No, Amazon has already removed it from their site.
Aug 21st, 2012, 7:21 pm

Check ALL links before sending me a ReUPLOAD request.
Aug 21st, 2012, 7:35 pm
Great, I was a tad worried.... thanks for the info, I have deleted it from everything.....yuck now I will have to take a shower to wash off the nasty film it left.
Aug 21st, 2012, 7:35 pm
Aug 21st, 2012, 7:37 pm
I understand. I figure the mods caught on to the ruse here as well and permanently deleted the topic.
Aug 21st, 2012, 7:37 pm

Aug 21st, 2012, 9:40 pm
Yes I am sorry for my "ruse" I was just looking at his books on Amazon yesterday and found it and thought you all would like a new Stephen King Short story I assumed that it was his and I am now informed it was not. No I did not read it yet as others asked me I was just trying to share. I appreciate the kind pms and questions I got about it. I did not appreciate the pms where I was treated like a moron. I guess some people never make mistakes and are born perfect I am not one of them.
His brand new short story I have purchased and have shared.
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=382702
Aug 21st, 2012, 9:40 pm

I've had major life issues past 3 years and a house fire. All personal files that were not saved on cloud destroyed.
Aug 21st, 2012, 9:42 pm
linusnc wrote:Yes I am sorry for my "ruse" I was just looking at his books on Amazon yesterday and found it and thought you all would like a new Stephen King Short story I assumed that it was his and I am now informed it was not. No I did not read it yet as others asked me I was just trying to share. I appreciate the kind pms and questions I got about it. I did not appreciate the pms where I was treated like a moron. I guess some people never make mistakes and are born perfect I am not one of them.

I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself. Because clearly like Amazon noticed, something wasn't right.
Aug 21st, 2012, 9:42 pm

Aug 21st, 2012, 9:45 pm
mesquite wrote:
linusnc wrote:Yes I am sorry for my "ruse" I was just looking at his books on Amazon yesterday and found it and thought you all would like a new Stephen King Short story I assumed that it was his and I am now informed it was not. No I did not read it yet as others asked me I was just trying to share. I appreciate the kind pms and questions I got about it. I did not appreciate the pms where I was treated like a moron. I guess some people never make mistakes and are born perfect I am not one of them.

I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself.

I know that.
Aug 21st, 2012, 9:45 pm

I've had major life issues past 3 years and a house fire. All personal files that were not saved on cloud destroyed.
Aug 21st, 2012, 9:49 pm
linusnc wrote:
mesquite wrote:I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself.

I know that.

Thanks for understanding. It is curious though how an infringing piece of work was able to slip through to Amazon and other book sellers.
Aug 21st, 2012, 9:49 pm

Aug 21st, 2012, 10:03 pm
mesquite wrote:
linusnc wrote:
mesquite wrote:I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself.

I know that.

Thanks for understanding. It is curious though how an infringing piece of work was able to slip through to Amazon and other book sellers.

evidently it is all my fault :)
Aug 21st, 2012, 10:03 pm

Aug 21st, 2012, 10:08 pm
But it isn't cause I guarantee you a lot of other people thought the same. Trust me. If I was a Stephen King fan I'd probably have done the same thing so no worries about who is at fault here except for the people responsible for selling it.

Aug 21st, 2012, 10:08 pm

Aug 21st, 2012, 10:37 pm
You are a breath of fresh air :)
Aug 21st, 2012, 10:37 pm

Aug 22nd, 2012, 3:47 pm
You can't get away with using Stephen King's name. However if you want to call yourself Steven King and put out books your good to go.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 3:47 pm
Aug 22nd, 2012, 3:58 pm
outdupp wrote:You can't get away with using Stephen King's name. However if you want to call yourself Steven King and put out books your good to go.

it seems they did for a little bit but in the end got caught.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 3:58 pm

Aug 22nd, 2012, 4:26 pm
mesquite wrote:
outdupp wrote:You can't get away with using Stephen King's name. However if you want to call yourself Steven King and put out books your good to go.

it seems they did for a little bit but in the end got caught.

That was in reference to someone who is calling themselves Steven King that released a book called Tit For Tat.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 4:26 pm
Aug 22nd, 2012, 4:27 pm
I know they did, referring to the earlier book.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 4:27 pm