Discuss Android devices here.
Apr 12th, 2013, 9:46 pm
Hi dears
Befor few months I get Galaxy S DUOS in the hope of using 2 sim cards. Divice size & it's screen very good to me but there is a great problem: one of the 2 sim cards whether out it as sim 1 or sim 2 suffer during try to call by it, need more than single deal (may reach to 4 trials before get connecting to the number !! This does not occur when using the same sim card on other mobile or when put second sim in S DUOS off !! This very morbed to me because the victum sim is my primary sim card. I contact the company of this sim card about this issue, they inform me that error in the S DUOS not in the card & inform me also that S DUOS is sensetive to subtal error in network that not effect other mobiles !!
So if this is the case what about Galaxy Grand regarding this issue ? Does it suffer from tha same problem ?
Best
Apr 12th, 2013, 9:46 pm
Apr 13th, 2013, 8:46 am
Have you tried disabling one of the SIMcard slots in the settings menu to see if that would help? Some duo SIM phones have problems when keeping connected to 2 different cell network providers.
Apr 13th, 2013, 8:46 am
Apr 13th, 2013, 7:24 pm
Dear I try this & error disaapear. But the problem is that I need to use BOTH sim cards at the same time not to disable one & use the other at a time. So my question to the forum is that: is Samsung galaxy grand suffer from the same problem or not. I read it's pdf official manual say in it's 1st page: "this divice build to achieve excellent communications abilities ........ "
Frankly speacking I do not trus Samsung further but unfortuantly in my country it is only available choice for DUOS, I i would like to listen from one who try Galaxy grand by him or herself.
Best & thank you for your response
Apr 13th, 2013, 7:24 pm
Apr 15th, 2013, 8:38 am
In that case, I would try contacting Samsung directly to see if they have a way to solve this problem. Or if your phone is still within warrenty I would recommend taking it back to the retailer and ask for a replacement or to get it repaired.
Apr 15th, 2013, 8:38 am
Apr 15th, 2013, 10:31 am
hi friend i had SGG i month of using it and i realize the same issue, although company say it ia dual sim but in my case not both sim active at same time but not if one busy. both phone s duos and grand duos had single radio modem( transmitter ) that is why if u using one sim you cant get call from other sim (using include net using like FB skype) . i use my 1st sim for net and second for calling if i use net and simultaneously there is call on other sim it simply respond as busy user to the caller for using the service you have to activate call forwarding on both sim to receive call on both sim but its chargeable although its depend on you that you pic that call or not but atleast you get a notification of call on other sim .
Apr 15th, 2013, 10:31 am
Apr 15th, 2013, 12:37 pm
setdev wrote:hi friend i had SGG i month of using it and i realize the same issue, although company say it ia dual sim but in my case not both sim active at same time but not if one busy. both phone s duos and grand duos had single radio modem( transmitter ) that is why if u using one sim you cant get call from other sim (using include net using like FB skype) . i use my 1st sim for net and second for calling if i use net and simultaneously there is call on other sim it simply respond as busy user to the caller for using the service you have to activate call forwarding on both sim to receive call on both sim but its chargeable although its depend on you that you pic that call or not but atleast you get a notification of call on other sim .

Hi dear. You mis understand me. I know about all that you mention but this is not what I ask about. I does not mean when "other call me" as you mention. I ask about what happen "when I call other".

You can help me if you answer: does you suffer from failure when YOU CALL OTHER from one of yuour 2 sim card or not? I mean by failure: you may need multiple trail to call someone & this not happen if you use same card but in other phone.
Apr 15th, 2013, 12:37 pm
Apr 15th, 2013, 12:42 pm
DarkGuyver wrote:In that case, I would try contacting Samsung directly to see if they have a way to solve this problem. Or if your phone is still within warrenty I would recommend taking it back to the retailer and ask for a replacement or to get it repaired.

Dear all my friends which has this mobile (about 11 persons) have same problem. One of them contact samesung & they reject an error in divice & say that problem in net. This not correct because problem not occur if use other mobile. I have other mobile (Samsung GT-B7722) DUOS & has no problem, but I take S DUOS for android OS.
Apr 15th, 2013, 12:42 pm
Apr 22nd, 2013, 9:41 am
Hi! Bought my teenage son a SGG a few weeks back, and he's using 2 sim from different networks. So far, haven't heard him complain about having difficult time calling. But I'll check and try it personally later and get back to you.

setdev,

I remember seeing a setting in SGG that you have to enable in order to be able to receive/make call if your other sim is connected to the net (using mobile data). But it also comes with a warning that it will consume more battery power or something. Check your SETTINGS and see if you've enabled it.

--------------------------update------------------

Alright, I'm home now and tested my son's SGG.

He confirmed that he never had problem calling out using any of the 2 sims (both his sims are ON and active). To satisfy my curiosity, I tried and there's no issue about it.

I also tried these scenarios and ALL works fine!
MOBILE DATA ON> USING FACEBOOK (in sim 1)

No problem to call our using both sim 1 and sim 2.
No problem receiving calls on both sim1 and sim 2.

I didn't bother to turn on wifi and try to call/receive call anymore, because I'm sure there won't be a problem in that aspect.

PS - In his phone's setting> Sim Card Manager
Both sim 1 and sim 2's
RECEIVE INCOMING CALLS (Receive incoming calls via other SIM card while using data service) were CHECKED.

----------------------------------------
Apr 22nd, 2013, 9:41 am
Jul 7th, 2013, 6:19 am
Hello everyone,
I just bought a new SGG, Help me by suggesting some nice ways to optimize the working.
I am a user who is more interested in Photos ,music and reading ebooks than gaming.
I use only 1 sim and most weekdays my phones is used only for 12 - 15 Hrs.
Is rooting important? If so , is it safe??

Help me...
Jul 7th, 2013, 6:19 am
Jul 8th, 2013, 8:35 am
renu2 wrote:Is rooting important? If so , is it safe??

Unless you are interested in tinkering about with the internal workings of your phone and the android OS. I would say you rooting isn't important for you.

While rooting itself is a fairly safe process, I wouldn't recommend it if you are not familar with how it's done.
Jul 8th, 2013, 8:35 am