Speculative fiction, alternative worlds, futuristic, supernatural, horror
Aug 8th, 2012, 8:10 pm
Magic Ex Libris series by Jim C. Hines
Requirements: ePUB reader | Size: 590 KB, 1.5 MB
Overview: Jim C. Hines is best known as a fantasy novelist and the guy who did those gender-flipped SF/F cover poses. His first novel was Goblin Quest, the tale of a nearsighted goblin runt and his pet fire-spider. Actor and author Wil Wheaton described the book as “too f***ing cool for words,” which is pretty much the Best Blurb Ever. After completing the goblin trilogy, Jim went on to write the princess series, four books often described as a blend of Grimm’s Fairy Tales with Charlie’s Angels. He’s currently working on the Magic ex Libris books, which follow the adventures of a magic-wielding librarian from northern Michigan.
Genre: Fantasy

ImageImage

Book 1: Libriomancer
Isaac Vainio is a Libriomancer, a member of the secret organization founded five centuries ago by Johannes Gutenberg. Libriomancers are gifted with the ability to magically reach into books and draw forth objects. When Isaac is attacked by vampires that leaked from the pages of books into our world, he barely manages to escape. To his horror he discovers that vampires have been attacking other magic-users as well, and Gutenberg has been kidnapped.

With the help of a motorcycle-riding dryad who packs a pair of oak cudgels, Isaac finds himself hunting the unknown dark power that has been manipulating humans and vampires alike. And his search will uncover dangerous secrets about Libriomancy, Gutenberg, and the history of magic. . . .

Book 2: Codex Born
Five hundred years ago, Johannes Gutenberg discovered the art of libriomancy, allowing him to reach into books to create things from their pages. Gutenberg’s power brought him many enemies, and some of those enemies have waited centuries for revenge. Revenge which begins with the brutal slaughter of a wendigo in the northern Michigan town of Tamarack, a long-established werewolf territory.

Libriomancer Isaac Vainio is part of Die Zwelf Portenære, better known as the Porters, the organization founded by Gutenberg to protect the world from magical threats. Isaac is called in to investigate the killing, along with Porter psychiatrist Nidhi Shah and their dryad bodyguard and lover, Lena Greenwood. Born decades ago from the pages of a pulp fantasy novel, Lena was created to be the ultimate fantasy woman, strong and deadly, but shaped by the needs and desires of her companions. Her powers are unique, and Gutenberg’s enemies hope to use those powers for themselves. But their plan could unleash a far darker evil…

Download Instructions:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/odoymf12xxc9x4l/libdex.rar/file

Mirror:
https://www.mirrored.to/files/0MRS8MMR/libdex.rar_links

Links updated 2022-12-26
Aug 8th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Please PM me if links are down including a link to the post in your PM. I will delete messages that do not include the link. I can only upload on weekdays.
Aug 7th, 2013, 12:35 am
Book 2 added.
Aug 7th, 2013, 12:35 am

Please PM me if links are down including a link to the post in your PM. I will delete messages that do not include the link. I can only upload on weekdays.