Apr 4th, 2015, 1:25 pm
I have tried several times with different computers to download audiobooks from Mobilism, and i always end up with .rar.part files. I read that this means the download is not complete, but what could i be doing wrong to make this happen every time?. I would so love to read the many audiobooks available here, but i can't find any help. I do successfully copy audiobooks from the library to my computer and listen to them.
Apr 4th, 2015, 1:25 pm
Apr 4th, 2015, 6:27 pm
Sometimes audiobooks are broken into several RAR or ZIP parts to facilitate the downloading - the size of the complete file being too unwieldy and a strain on bandwidth for downloaders. RAR and ZIP are compressing programs, so you will need one such program to extract the files once you have downloaded them all. You can use WinRar, Winzip, 7Zip, Bandizip or any other similar software available on the net, most of them free.

In general, each of the files of a RAR split will have '.part' in the filename. Depending on your computer settings, you may or may not be able to see the extensions beyond that. For example, if you cannot see the extensions, you get "The Lord of the Rings.part1"; if you can see the extensions, you get "The Lord of the Rings.part1.rar".

Once you have downloaded the three RAR files, The Lord of the Rings.part1, part2 and part3, you must click on one of them and tell the program where you want the book extracted. It will extract the full audiobook from the 3 parts so you won't need to touch the other 2, they just need to be present.

However, if you are missing a part, the book will not be extracted and the software itself will let you know that a part is missing. :)
Apr 4th, 2015, 6:27 pm