Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Oct 21st, 2015, 8:46 am
The upper gallery?

Oct 21st, 2015, 8:46 am
Oct 21st, 2015, 10:09 am
I was hiding in
STATLER AND WALDORF'S BOX AT THE MUPPET THEATRE

I've never watched a muppets movie, but I sure remember the heckling from the balcony on the Muppet Show on TV. :)

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Statler_and_Waldorf's_Box

Congratulations 4LJ!

Some comments on my answers:

• The balcony first appeared on a TV programme (something nobody ever asked about). Instead we hit on movies - a big fat red herring, which sherlockx would no doubt appreciate. :) According to the link above, the balcony also appeared in 2 muppet movies: It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie (2002) and The Muppets (2011). That explains my answers to questions 12, 38 and 48.
  • I was thrown by the question about animation. The muppets are puppets, and so their tv show and movies are not what we normally think of as live action. But nor are they what would normally be called animation (based a series of still shots of drawings, models, computer images, etc.). Furthermore, though I'm not sure, I suspect some animation may have been used in the movies. That explains my answers to questions 7, 18 and 46.
  • Neither the Muppet Show nor the movies make it clear where exactly the Muppet Theatre is located - although it's plainly on earth. (Pigs in Space, anyone?) A search of the internet reveals suppositions ranging from New York to California to New England to the UK. That explains my answers to questions 20, 21 and 54.
  • Is a theatre balcony a "room"? That's debatable, which explains my answer to question 53.
Oct 21st, 2015, 10:09 am
Oct 21st, 2015, 11:39 am
Oh wow, :lol: I posted this image in TLWBTF a few days ago, I didn't think it was the right answer though!

viewtopic.php?p=3031632#3031632
Oct 21st, 2015, 11:39 am
Oct 21st, 2015, 11:41 am
I noticed that. And I gave a couple of muppets hints myself :)
Oct 21st, 2015, 11:41 am
Oct 22nd, 2015, 7:57 am
4LJ found avoran with 9 questions and so gains 45 wrz$... :D
However it took 58 questions to find her so avoran gets 290 wrz$.
4LJ is invited to be the next guest after sending me a pm with the location for approval.
Oct 22nd, 2015, 7:57 am
Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:22 pm

Round 24

So... where am I?
Come and Find me

Ready Or Not...

Q & A

1. (avoran) Are you in an indisputably real place? Yes!
  2. (dreamer) Are you on a island? No!
  3. (Jshah1) Are you above the equator? Yes! Northern Hemisphere
  4. (missindependent) Are you somewhere in Europe? Yes
  5. (avoran) Are you in Asia (including Indonesia and other islands)? No — see 4.
  6. (arianayaris) Are you above the tropic of cancer? Yes — see 4.
  7. (Jshah1) Are you in Northern Europe? Yes
  8. (miss independent) Are you in a historical building? Question is a bit vague so difficult to answer Y/N. Define your terms!
  9. (coolcat59) Are you in Finland? No.
  10. (avoran) Are you in the British Isles (i.e. Ireland or the UK and dependencies such as the Channel Islands)? No.
  11. (agamal007) Are you in Sweden? No.
  12. (missindependent) Are you on the Eiffel Tower? No.
  13. (leopardlily25) Are you in Iceland? No.
  14. (avoran) Are you in one or more of the following countries: Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania? No.
  15. (coolcat59) Are you at an attraction of sorts? Yes
  16. (missindependent) Are you in a modern (post WWII) building? Yes
  17. (Jshah1) Are you in Belgium or France? No.
  18. (avoran) Is the building connected with the arts (e.g. a museum, theatre)? No.
  19. (missindependent) Are you in Western Europe? Yes
  20. (Zoie) Are you in Germany? Yes
  21. (coolcat59) Are you in any of the following countries? North Germany, Belgium, North France ? Yes (see 20).
  22. (arianayaris) are you in the netherlands? No.
  23. (leopardlily25) Are u in Ireland? No.
  24. (avoran) Does the building belong to a private-sector entity (a person, company, foundation, etc.)? Yes
  25. (questionable.sanity) Are u in a church? No.
  26. (arianayaris) Are you in a museum? No.
  27. (missindependent) Are you in the Volkswagen building/HQ? No.
  28. (Zoie) Are you a castle? No.
  29. (questionable.sanity) Are you in phantasialand? No.
  30. (coolcat59) Are you a building known for your architectural structure? Yes
  31. (avoran) Was the building constructed mainly for, or is it now used mainly for, business purposes (e.g. company offices, a factory, shops, an entertainment facility, etc.)? No.
  32. (agamal007) Are you in a goverment building? No.
  33. (questionable.sanity) Are you in a recreational spot? Yes
    * (questionable.sanity) Are you in Olympiastadion (olympic stadium)? - Not enough questions since your last one, no answer. :)
  34. (avoran) Are you in one of the following parts of Germany: Bavaria, Hesse, Baden-Wurttemburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland? No.
  35. (Caroline Rocha) Is this building round or curvy? Yes
  36. (missindependent) Are you in the Olympic Stadion in Berlin? No
  37. (Zoie) Are you in the city of Cologne? No.
  38. (arianayaris) Is the building dedicated to one sport in particular? No.
  39. (coolcat59) Are you at the adidas ‘World Of Sports’, Southeast Office Building? No.
  40. (questionable.sanity) Are u in Veltins Arena? No.
  41. (Jshah1) Is the place related to sports e.g football stadium etc.? No.
  42. (avoran) Are you in Berlin or part of what used to be East Germany? Yes
  43. (Zoie) Does the name of this recreational spot start with a letter between A-L? In which language? ;)
  44. (coolcat59) Are you at the BMW Welt Building in Munich? No.
  45. (questionable.sanity) Are you surrounded by greens (eg gardens,trees)? No.
  46. (agamal007) Are you in The Fernsehturm (English: The TV Tower) in Berlin? Yes!! But which part??
  47. (avoran) Are you in Berlin? Yes!!
  48. (Jshah1) Are you there having a meal? Yes!
  49. (Zoie) Are you the BBI-Info Tower? No.

Very close now! So close!!

50. (OSorgini) Are you in the restaurant Sphere? Yes. But what is it doing?
  51. (avoran) Are you in the Panorama Cafe? It is the restaurant, but it does have a panorama. What is the restaurant doing?
  52. (coolcat59) Are you at the Sphere restaurant at Berliner Fernsehturm? Yes. But what is the restaurant doing?

53. (agamal007) Are you in the revolving restaurant "Sphere " in Berlin TV Tower? Yes!!

Well done agamal007 — I am in the Fernsehturm revolving restaurant in Alexanderplatz, Berlin. Otherwise known as the Sphere "drehendes" Restaurant.

In an hour your table in the Restaurant "Sphere" will make one turn 360°. 207m above Berlin!

Well done to everyone who guessed it right too! agamal007 was the first to mention "revolving" however. OSorgini and coolcat59 were very very close though, with avoran not far behind in 50,51,52!

Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:22 pm
Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:24 pm
:D

Are you in an indisputably real place?
Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:24 pm
Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:29 pm
Are you on a island?
Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:29 pm
Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:51 pm
Are you above the equator ?
Oct 23rd, 2015, 8:51 pm
Oct 23rd, 2015, 9:31 pm
Are you in Asia (including Indonesia and other islands)?
Oct 23rd, 2015, 9:31 pm
Oct 23rd, 2015, 9:44 pm
are you above the tropic of cancer?
Oct 23rd, 2015, 9:44 pm
Oct 23rd, 2015, 10:38 pm
Are you in Northern Europe?

Geographically, northwestern Europe usually consists of Ireland, Great Britain, Belgium, the Netherlands, northern Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland. Luxembourg, northern France, and southern Germany are also usually considered part of the grouping.
Oct 23rd, 2015, 10:38 pm
Oct 24th, 2015, 1:12 am
Are you in Finland?
Oct 24th, 2015, 1:12 am