Oct 12th, 2015, 8:34 am
Every time I try to download a file from hugefiles and uploadrocket, the same thing happens. After I click the button that should lead to the file being downloaded, the next page that opens up has a message that says "Wrong IP" and there's no way to get the file. There's a third site that I have the same problem with, but I can't remember which one it is.

I'm not making an error, such as clicking the wrong 'download' button, or leaving boxes checked for download accelerators, or whatever. I've successfully used these sights many times in the past, so I know how to download from them.I've cleared my browser cache, used two different browsers (firefox and chrome), turned ad-block and pop-up blockers off completely, created accounts on the troublesome sites hoping it would help... nothing works. The only thing I can come up with that might be the problem is that I use my cellphone as a mobile hotspot for internet service, which is something I can't change. Could that be it?

Any advise would be much appreciated!
Oct 12th, 2015, 8:34 am

PM me if links are dead. Do NOT reply to release post. If you like my release, please click the Thank You button.
Oct 12th, 2015, 7:21 pm
I've also found this error. It's been happening since friday when i noticed it the first time
Oct 12th, 2015, 7:21 pm

Unable to reupload any books due to personal reasons
Oct 13th, 2015, 6:15 am
It's been happening to me for a couple of weeks now, give or take.
Oct 13th, 2015, 6:15 am

PM me if links are dead. Do NOT reply to release post. If you like my release, please click the Thank You button.
Nov 8th, 2015, 2:36 pm
I'm still having issues with UploadRocket, and now Tusfiles is giving me fits, too. Does anyone know if such a problem can be caused by getting online by using your phone as a hotspot? I've done everything I can think of, followed advice... this is driving me crazy!
Nov 8th, 2015, 2:36 pm

Nov 11th, 2015, 6:39 pm
bookish I have the same problem whether I use my iPhone as a hotspot or I am using my internet. If I see books in either Hugefiles or uploadrocket I just forget about downloading the book. I have had the problem for over a year where I get 'Wrong IP'. I do not know the problem but it is a nuisance.
Nov 11th, 2015, 6:39 pm
Nov 13th, 2015, 8:03 am
TitansFan, sorry to hear you're also having issues with this. It is frustrating! Tusfiles worked for me earlier today, so now I guess I need to test out the other sites, and see if they have decided to start working for me yet. Not feeling too confident about that, though! Ah, well... that's the internet for ya! :-?
Nov 13th, 2015, 8:03 am

Nov 26th, 2015, 6:35 am
Nitroflare still doesn't allow me to download :(

merry60 wrote:Please pm me with the link you are having problems with, thanks.
Nov 26th, 2015, 6:35 am

Nov 27th, 2015, 3:01 pm
PandaThePanda wrote:Nitroflare still doesn't allow me to download :(

As of today, 27 November 2015, Nitroflare is no longer allowed, please see the Rules. Thanks to all who helped providing us with the necessary information so we could finally put an end to the abuse by this allegedly "free" filehost.
Nov 27th, 2015, 3:01 pm
Nov 28th, 2015, 2:28 am
thanx merry60
Nov 28th, 2015, 2:28 am

Mar 27th, 2016, 3:35 am
I know that it has been several months since anyone added to this discussion but I would like to re-visit it since I had and still have exactly the same problems for over a year for the following sites:
chayfile.com, filedais.com, hughfiles.com, toofile.com, uploadrocket.net. Trying to download these results in "wrong IP", or a hung screen even after doing the captchas and other steps. Does anyone still experience this problem and more importantly, does anyone have a solution? I'm using win 8.1 and accessing via firefox from my laptop. Updates would be appreciated.

I also would like to find out if anyone else is getting frustrated with the other petty tricks used to get a download. I do have premium and use it whenever it is available and working. As to "tricks" I am counting sites where I now have to hit the download button numerous times before getting the download, or the sites that spawn additional windows (sometimes with really nasty "chat" invitations) sending you further and further from the original page while trying to get to a simple file. Eventually with these, if I am persistant, I will get the file. But I must admit I feel like yelling, "send me a fish" since I've had to perform like a trained seal to get it. Information greatly appreciated, fish not accepted~
Mar 27th, 2016, 3:35 am
Mar 28th, 2016, 12:51 pm
HollyB wrote:Trying to download these results in "wrong IP", or a hung screen even after doing the captchas and other steps.

I can't be 100% certain here, this is just an educated guess, but it is likely that your Internet Service Provider is using some sort of a caching/intercepting/transparent proxy which "sits" between your computer and the rest of the Internet, with the purpose of providing you with cached websites and content, to save overall Internet traffic. A lot of file hosting sites don't like this; here's why:

1. You make a request for a website
  2. Instead of connecting directly, your request is intercepted by the proxy server
  3. Your computer thinks it's connecting directly, but in fact, the proxy fetches the content you've requested and then passes it along
  4. In case of some file hosts, your request comes from your own IP address
  5. The actual file download request comes from your ISP's proxy, and that proxy server has a different IP from your computer
  6. The end result is the wrong IP message

A possible way to get around this would be to use a proxy server of your own, but I cannot confirm this, so again, just another educated guess. If you have a access to a free proxy service, give it a go and see if that helps.

I know this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but it's extremely hard to replicate this error.
Mar 28th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Mar 29th, 2016, 7:14 am
n0tall0wed wrote:I know this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but it's extremely hard to replicate this error.

Thank you for trying to help me. I would agree the problem could be as you describe but I have absolutely no problems with the other 85% of download sites coming through mobilism. I am also able to download from various other locations/websites without ever seeing this problem. My internet provider is ATT Wireless so I guess "anything" is possible with them.

If you were willing, is there any information I can get at to show you that would help to at least see if this was the correct scenerio? I realize that you might be too busy so even more thank you for taking the time to respond.
Mar 29th, 2016, 7:14 am
Apr 22nd, 2016, 1:14 pm
I am having problems today when downloading from uprocket.net. I get the panel with the "reveal" button (to prove I'm human) which I click I then get returned to the "click for free download" button which I click and then go to the panel with the "reveal" button. I don't know how many times this has happened. and I don't know why!
Apr 22nd, 2016, 1:14 pm
Apr 22nd, 2016, 1:31 pm
These file hosts are constantly changing their tactics to try and trip the unwary. It ranges from downright annoying to plain malicious. Some are better than others and there are several which just should not be used, although I realize that something needs to be used.
Worst at the moment in my opinion is uploading.site (Yes, that is the host name) Where you get the siren and the warning that you have to pay to get out of it. Only used by one person as far as I know. I did report this and got a terse and unhelpful reply.
Think we just have to keep reporting these sites when they go beyond the annoying.
No one love Mobilism more than me and appreciates to time given by admins and uploaders. However to protect members these things have to be kept on top of.
Apr 22nd, 2016, 1:31 pm

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde