Apr 19th, 2009, 8:05 pm
Just installed and tried this Amigo and i think its quiet good and fast responding, k it has some minor problems regarding positioning after touching the screen because it goes to sleep and thats the probem i need to solve can someone help me with this. How to keep it awake? TomTom had it in settings but cant find it in Amigo :(. BTW Im using HTC Raphael. Any help aprecciated...
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:05 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:13 pm
Sorry for the question but what maps should we use on this release?
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:13 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:20 pm
jarbax wrote:Sorry for the question but what maps should we use on this release?

Map R3 NOT the R1 version!

viewtopic.php?f=256&t=60769
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:20 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:26 pm
Does anyone have it running on a Sdcard on a Mio Moov 200?
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Co-Admin Irsecaboard
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:53 pm
Note: It's very important to delete SAVE folder before running the program after data change.[/quote]
Thanks nicknova but tell me what is necesary to change in dada.gro because my resolution is especial (416x234) and I can not use another data.[/quote]

Hi, Do you have a data.zip for Igo8.0xxx? Please please upload it for me. I want to use it with Gurjon 3.7.1 skin.
Thanks and for your Amigo data.gro, you should use this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FV32E4N4, mirror Mirror: http://uploaded.to/file/gw8n02 data.gro. and add in syt.txt

[interface]
resolution_dir="480_234"
screen_x=416
screen_y=234

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=416
screen_y=234

[gps]
port="2"
baud="4800"(whatever default port your gps use)

This works for me.

Thanks and please do remember to post me the 416x234 resolution data.zip for IGO8.0XXX.
Apr 19th, 2009, 8:53 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 9:25 pm
Balz wrote:
vovanich wrote:http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=112517&view=findpost&p=2656387

Unfortunately I can't read russian, and I tried to subscribe but I have a lot of problems with the captcha! Can you please be so kind to explain us in english?

Thank you in advance!

Here's the original post:
Code: Select allWell, for those who wish to see their favorite car in the navigator, giving an explanation how to do this (all files are described in the archive):

Preparation of 3D models for iGO8 and Amigo ...

- Set a fairly simple 3D editor kHED running install_khed_1_0_beta_ru.exe ...
a program interface is English, but HELP the Russian, the website is the HELP program in English.
- Create a 3D model ...
- The texture in the project should be only one and a size 512 x 512 pixels ... 24-bit color ...
- The resulting project (*. khe and tekstura.bmp) spread on the forum ...

- But I will make your project a model for iGO8 and Amigo ...

The author does not give an algorithm for encoding

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2S6382KQ (archive contains a 3d editor, the original file and the file for Amigo)
Apr 19th, 2009, 9:25 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:20 pm
@vovanich: very kind of you, now is clear.
So there is a specific algorithm to encode 3D vehicles (I suppose that the key to decrypt is the file NNG...), but for now it's still not public.
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:20 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:36 pm
So finally I got TTS voices on omnia "almost rightly" running, and say almost rightly because the voice breaks in some of the announcements sentences but very few. I hardly notice the voice stuttering and for me is ok so.........

The problem was a lack of the audio folder in the main directory.
For omniams, if you want your Igo8 TTS voices working on your Igo amigo, you have to:

1.Copy all .dll files/audio folder and TTS_Loq folder from your Igo8 to the main directory of your amigo folder.
2.Copy your voice TTs zip files from your Igo8 into your voice folder;
amigo/content/voice
3. Lang file has to be a .gro file & and have to be set (if you don´t have it) in;
amigo/content/lang

After deleting system.ini from save folder TTs voices work ok. I would like to know if there is a solution for these slight stutter of the voices (almost insignificant).
May be converting the .ogg files from the audio folder into .wav files?
Here is a question for experts,

Cheers....................
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:36 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:41 pm
x_specter_x wrote:odd, today amigo crashes every time it boots up. I am using 400x240 and tried beta2 data file as well. I get an ad screen saying maps available and it hangs. I tried deleting my save folder and starting from scratch and it still crashes. Could be a bug in the data.gro file but not sure. It has been working perfectly for several days before this.

It was a bad TTS file. So if you have problems with amigo haning when it loads or hanging when selecting a 3D car, check your TTS files or remove them and try it. The same TTS files worked perfectly in iGO8.

Also, great job on the new 400x240 data.gro. There is a bug, the settings are missing the right part of the screen. Try route settings screen, you can't see the checkboxes.
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:41 pm

If you find any bugs in the diMka Specter skin, please goto http://www.igo8mods.com/guestbook/index.php to report them.
THANKS TO: d8389 for creating the diMka skin and Megaduck99 for updating it.
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:27 pm
TTS is working fine, however the pronounciations are messed up ... its says Senior for State Road (SR) and Circus for Circle (CR). I tried removing the .lex file and putting the one that was in the igo 8.3.2 Loquendo TTS release, however it still says the wrong words letting me to believe that these .lex files have no impact ... its somewhere embedded in a .gro file. If someone knows which .gro file to change to improve the pronounciations, please help out.
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:27 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:41 pm
Can I install it on WM 6.1 touchscreen phone (LG Incite) with QVGA 400 x 240 TFTLCD ????????????????
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:41 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:49 pm
bolojohn wrote:Can I install it on WM 6.1 touchscreen phone (LG Incite) with QVGA 400 x 240 TFTLCD ????????????????

Try it and let us know. Wont hurt a bit ... :wink:
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:49 pm
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:54 pm
Hallo all,
where it can be switched off registers of the street names?
norway
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:54 pm
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:12 am
grijamor wrote:So finally I got TTS voices on omnia "almost rightly" running, and say almost rightly because the voice breaks in some of the announcements sentences but very few. I hardly notice the voice stuttering and for me is ok so.........

The problem was a lack of the audio folder in the main directory.
For omniams, if you want your Igo8 TTS voices working on your Igo amigo, you have to:

1.Copy all .dll files/audio folder and TTS_Loq folder from your Igo8 to the main directory of your amigo folder.
2.Copy your voice TTs zip files from your Igo8 into your voice folder;
amigo/content/voice
3. Lang file has to be a .gro file & and have to be set (if you don´t have it) in;
amigo/content/lang

After deleting system.ini from save folder TTs voices work ok. I would like to know if there is a solution for these slight stutter of the voices (almost insignificant).
May be converting the .ogg files from the audio folder into .wav files?
Here is a question for experts,

Cheers....................

I can not see what use moving the Audio folder into Amigo will do. iGO8 doesn't have a Audio folder unless you've put one in with speed camera voices for the Ultra skin or similar and they are .ogg files, maybe I've missread your instructions but I will try anything as I can not get TTS to work at all in Amigo although TTS works ok on all my PPC's in iGO8
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:12 am
Apr 20th, 2009, 4:43 am
johnnyrotten2 wrote:I have an Invion 4V106 (wince 4.2) and installed this latest Amigo version of Igo but i am having an issue with power settings. The problem is a get a pop-up screen that says "Battery level is critically low, please recharge the battery!" The battery is in fact fully charged but the message keeps re-appearing every few seconds. If i plug in the ac power cord to my Invion, I get a pop up message "External power disconnected Automatic shutdown in process!" The original IGO8 has also NEVER been able to successfully display my battery or charging status. In IGO8 I would have a pop up message saying something about battery being critically low and it would try to auto shutdown UNLESS I added the lines "powermgm_state=0" and power_off_mode=0" to the sys.txt file in IGO8. Unfortunately, these commands have no effect with the Amigo version. I still continue to get the battery message pop up. Does anyone know how to change the way IGO or Amigo detects the battery status? Is this even an option that can be changed? Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Thanks to JM and everyone involved in releasing these softwares for us to test. And please don't let the few people who harass you about releasing software ruin it for all the other people. There will always be people who complain and act like nothing seems to be good enough but in reality EVERYONE does appreciate the time and effort you give to releasing these softwares. Thanks again!

J

Try to add the following line in system.ini file (in save folder). Notice about the quotes before and after 0 value.

[interface]
powermgm_state="0"
power_off_mode="0"
Apr 20th, 2009, 4:43 am