Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Oct 7th, 2015, 10:54 pm
I am new. I was able to thank someone who reuped a book by hitting a thankyou button in their post. It gave them a $. When I went to do the same to someone else there was no thank you button. Am i looking in the wrong place?
Oct 7th, 2015, 10:54 pm
Oct 7th, 2015, 11:30 pm
I am very conscientious about thanking as I am extremely grateful for the service that the up-loaders provide. I have never seen the Thank You button missing on a topic thread for a book or series. However, I did see that on Ebook fulfilled requests that the one who fulfilled the request within the topic thread did not have a Thank You button. Could you provide a link to the actual post so one could take a look?
Oct 7th, 2015, 11:30 pm
Oct 7th, 2015, 11:41 pm
The thank you button appears once the release is approved and categorized into the proper subforum by a moderator.
Oct 7th, 2015, 11:41 pm
Oct 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
readerdave wrote:Maybe I'm just blind

viewtopic.php?p=2923643#p2923643

The link above leads to a request. Request threads do not get thank you buttons as the reward comes from the users who originally posted the request as well as any other user that bumped the thread.

The thank you button only appears in release threads and only once the thread has been approved by a moderator.
Oct 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Oct 13th, 2015, 5:11 am
I propose that 1 WRZ$ be awarded based on each download and eliminate the optional and arbitrary clicking of a button that only 15-20% of online people can see.

Non-registered users (guests?) or non longed-on users can download a release but do not see a Thank You button (since they cannot be identified?). On any given day, only about 15- 20% of online folks are registered users or logged in. If you assume that every person downloads equally, then 80-85% of all downloads will not have the opportunity to get a Thank You clicked and the poster will not receive their 1 WRZ$. Of the remaining 15-20%, only about 2-4% of them click the Thank You button, based on my releases and download stats. That means a release has little chance to accumulate the fair amount of WRZ$ based on it's popularity. A popular release could get 1,000 downloads but only a few WRZ$. This becomes even more skewed for multiple book releases, which require a lot more effort to post than do single books.
Oct 13th, 2015, 5:11 am

D53
Sep 15th, 2016, 2:24 pm
bigd53 wrote:I propose that 1 WRZ$ be awarded based on each download and eliminate the optional and arbitrary clicking of a button that only 15-20% of online people can see.

Non-registered users (guests?) or non longed-on users can download a release but do not see a Thank You button (since they cannot be identified?). On any given day, only about 15- 20% of online folks are registered users or logged in. If you assume that every person downloads equally, then 80-85% of all downloads will not have the opportunity to get a Thank You clicked and the poster will not receive their 1 WRZ$. Of the remaining 15-20%, only about 2-4% of them click the Thank You button, based on my releases and download stats. That means a release has little chance to accumulate the fair amount of WRZ$ based on it's popularity. A popular release could get 1,000 downloads but only a few WRZ$. This becomes even more skewed for multiple book releases, which require a lot more effort to post than do single books.

Any Response on this?
Sep 15th, 2016, 2:24 pm
Sep 15th, 2016, 2:42 pm
bigd53 wrote:I propose that 1 WRZ$ be awarded based on each download and eliminate the optional and arbitrary clicking of a button that only 15-20% of online people can see.

maddoc_572 wrote:
Any Response on this?

One way to achieve that is to make the mirrors visible only after the "Thank You" button is hit.

But than again, are the WRZ$ that much worth it to undergo such huge changes?
Sep 15th, 2016, 2:42 pm
Sep 15th, 2016, 4:31 pm
Probably yes to someone who has 100 WRZ or less, probably no to those who have tens of thousands of WRZ.
Sep 15th, 2016, 4:31 pm

D53
Sep 15th, 2016, 5:01 pm
I was thinking more in a download counter and somehow transform that in " Thank You" hits, but I don't know nothing of that.

Looks more appealing to the users that have low participation on any thread, contest or games of mobilism but are always looking for something new to read or post something interesting to them.

Maybe you're right to much work for almost nothing .
I hope the administrators or creators of mobilism have this or something like it for consideration in a new iteration or upgrades.
Sep 15th, 2016, 5:01 pm
Sep 15th, 2016, 6:47 pm
bigd53 wrote:Probably yes to someone who has 100 WRZ or less, probably no to those who have tens of thousands of WRZ.

I don't think the main reason for sharing books or apps is to earn WRZ ;)
Earning is one reason, but WRZs are not the ultimate goal.
Sep 15th, 2016, 6:47 pm