Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Oct 1st, 2016, 2:00 pm
what about mastermind? i really miss that game :|
Oct 1st, 2016, 2:00 pm
Oct 1st, 2016, 4:33 pm
Guy is on sabbatical at the moment , but we are in almost daily contact with him .Nonny got special permission to do race. Guy's contests remain Guy's contests.
Oct 1st, 2016, 4:33 pm

sherlockx The Eternal Trickster
Oct 7th, 2016, 6:48 am
Now that we've got a round-the-clock contest team, are you planning to switch contests around every so often so that e.g. what do you see in this picture? comes up in Europe too? :)

(I know, I know, you guys on the other side of the Atlantic are saying 'get a taste of your own medicine...')
Oct 7th, 2016, 6:48 am
Oct 7th, 2016, 2:45 pm
Hi,

In response to your query regarding when "What do you see in this picture?" might be run - yes it is anticipated that it will run at varying times to allow others to participate. Thank you for showing interest in the contest.
Oct 7th, 2016, 2:45 pm
Oct 20th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Would someone kindly instruct me how to deal with images in this forum. I can't seem to find the place to upload them nor how to even add them into my post. I've tried searching topics because I'm sure this has been discussed before but all I find are posts about apps.
Oct 20th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Oct 20th, 2016, 10:48 pm
First go to the mobilism image upload page which is here http://images.mobilism.org/

Then select and upload the image from your computer as follows

Then copy the link as per this screenshot

then go to your forum post (better to do this in full editor screen)
Paste the copied link into your post

and always preview before you click on submit so you can make sure it works ;)

Thats it! :D
The only thing you need to be careful of is the image size, the site rules ask that you don't post excessively large images. For posting in contests (where images are allowed) images over 800 x 800 are normally not allowed

If you need to resize your image - just click on the preferences button and enter size before you upload as below

If you want to post an image from the internet you can also use the mobilism image host using the remote tab

Oct 20th, 2016, 10:48 pm
Oct 21st, 2016, 12:10 am
Thanks Anonnymouse!!!!!!
Oct 21st, 2016, 12:10 am
Oct 22nd, 2016, 8:06 am
Is m0o5 away too?
Oct 22nd, 2016, 8:06 am
Oct 28th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Are there some lovely people out there who would want to help the Rush Team send out PM's?
Even if you take on 3 lists, it would mean a lot. If interested, just PM me. For questions, you can also PM me.

<3
Oct 28th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Oct 28th, 2016, 11:41 pm
Has been my suggestion in the past also...

n0tall0wed wrote:jwpwolfpack - jhj2040 - irathomas - Hizzytee - greatest - GraceOMalley - goldie0608 - flawlessdreamer - emmilina - ElleKing - effstop - drnaveed - Donna86 - dee_story21 - bookworm28 - Belle - Anonnymouse - Amill - Alessa9 - agamal007 - 13Ice - Zoie - WordDiva - Vidyasagar - Tyuyf - Sid Ray - shadows1 - radietaip - pink magnolia - n0tall0wed

Chain complete.

Maybe it's time to stretch the max chain size a bit... The rewards don't really need to scale, the max reward could stay at 55, but just allow for more people in the chain.
Oct 28th, 2016, 11:41 pm
Oct 29th, 2016, 12:06 am
I don't think the rewards should grow, 55 WRZ$ seems fine to me for a chain, regardless of its size. (I honestly believe the rewards for most games are too high anyway — tracking down a hard to get book might give you only 30ish WRZ$, while a 3-minute time investment in a hourly game might net you 400ish WRZ$ :? But that's another discussion altogether.)

But if you really feel the rewards should grow with the chain length, after it reaches 30, the reward could go up 5 WRZ$ for every 5 additional people in the chain (30-34 would stay at 55, 35-39 would be 60, 40-44 would be 65 and so on, without setting any hard limits on the chain size).
Oct 29th, 2016, 12:06 am
Oct 29th, 2016, 7:40 am
Sorry, but it's not going to happen, for several reasons.

1) The rewards have always been structured to encourage people to build longer chains. It seems to have worked. :D And I'm one for the principle, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Longer chains should and will generate larger rewards.

2) 30 is about as many awards as I want to commit to having to pay out every day (in terms of my time commitment; I've been much busier with the 'real world' lately).

3) I have reason to believe that one or more people with double+ accounts are spamming the chains. Allowing for even longer chains will just encourage them. It is my ardent wish that the wrath of sherlockx et al consign them to oblivion as soon as possible. :D

And since we're on the subject, here's some advance warning: from around mid-January next year Chain Gang is likely to stop altogether, unless somebody else takes it over. A major change in my life (we are moving from Russia to Canada) means that I will no longer have time to visit mobilism regularly. Right now, I work from home, which makes it easy to pop in here. Sadly, that's going to come to an end. :)
Oct 29th, 2016, 7:40 am
Oct 29th, 2016, 7:48 am
Wish you the best on this new life-adventure, avoran!! :D
Now, if you excuse me some minutes, I'll wish you the best with my double account too. :lol:

Speaking seriously, I've been suspecting from some time about people with double accounts too, hope that they get what's coming to them. :evil:
Oct 29th, 2016, 7:48 am
Oct 29th, 2016, 8:16 am
all the best to you for the upcoming move avoran! :)
Oct 29th, 2016, 8:16 am

Please click thanks if you like the release :)
Won't be able to re-up books until further notice. Make new requests, please. Apologies for the inconvenience.