Oct 2nd, 2016, 3:13 pm
Been registered for a while but just thought about it
What is the difference between Mobilism.org and Mobilism.me ?
They seem synced
However some ebooks posted on -.me are not on -.org and vice versa? confused
Oct 2nd, 2016, 3:13 pm
Oct 2nd, 2016, 9:15 pm
4egg48catt wrote:Been registered for a while but just thought about it
What is the difference between Mobilism.org and Mobilism.me ?
They seem synced
However some ebooks posted on -.me are not on -.org and vice versa? confused

The two domain names bring you to exactly the same place :) Same server, same content, same everything :)
We prefer to use .org as it is more secure than the .me domain.

I hope that helps.
Oct 2nd, 2016, 9:15 pm
Oct 5th, 2016, 11:40 pm
How do i post in a forum in mobilism? Like if i want to ask for book recommendations from other users?
Oct 5th, 2016, 11:40 pm
Oct 6th, 2016, 6:02 am
Hi, go to eBooks Section, then eBook Social Club, choose Reading Recommendations & Discussions and try there

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewforum.php?f=1301

You can scroll through questions already asked or click on New Thread at the top to start your own
Oct 6th, 2016, 6:02 am
Oct 6th, 2016, 3:13 pm
Hi - first, thank you so much for this seciton!
I'm on a Mac and while I've only run across this a few times, there are some books that show (epub) but DL as dms files.
I can't open them (even in Text Edit).

Here is the most recent if someone else with a mac wants to try? Or if ANYone has any ideas for me?

I can get my hands on a windows laptop if I really, really need too.

Thanks again

merry60 wrote:I don't think it is a Mac problem, I downloaded myself and had to change the extension to .epub for the file to open. I have asked the poster to be more careful with the uploads and ZIP or RAR the files so there are no problems during upload or download. Check your inbox, good luck!
Oct 6th, 2016, 3:13 pm
Oct 9th, 2016, 4:26 pm
Hi, can anyone tell me if its possible to search just for biographys/autobiographys in audiobooks? I feel stupid asking this question but I haven't found a way to search only for those,
thank you in advance
Alison
arkonen wrote: Hi Alison,

Currently the only way to narrow a search of audio books is to use the advanced search feature options:
search.php

-In "Search for keywords:" put biography; memoir or whatever book you are looking for.
-In search in forums scroll down and select Audiobooks.
-Set Search Within to 'Message text only'

Good luck!
Oct 9th, 2016, 4:26 pm
Oct 21st, 2016, 4:09 pm
I have downloaded some books and thanked the uploaders but when I go to check the .rar files, there is an executable in there. No book. I am not installing anything on my computer and infecting it. What gives?

iheartbooks77 wrote:You may not be clicking the correct download buttons, please take a look at this link: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file
Oct 21st, 2016, 4:09 pm
Oct 21st, 2016, 7:02 pm
foxdenvixen59 wrote:I have downloaded some books and thanked the uploaders but when I go to check the .rar files, there is an executable in there. No book. I am not installing anything on my computer and infecting it. What gives?

iheartbooks77 wrote:You may not be clicking the correct download buttons, please take a look at this link: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file

Thank you. So far it is working properly now. I appreciate the help.
Oct 21st, 2016, 7:02 pm
Oct 23rd, 2016, 12:10 am
Is there a way to check my last few WRZ$ transactions.
Where did I donate and from did I get some?

merry60 wrote:It is up to you to manage your transactions, though the received donations will be accompanied by an incoming PM from the system so they're easy to keep track of.

However, if you are in doubt about a transaction, or there is a disagreement or a dispute that needs solving, you'll need to ask a moderator to check the logs for you. If this is the case, send me a PM and I'll do it myself, no problem.

Edit: solved.
Oct 23rd, 2016, 12:10 am
Oct 26th, 2016, 11:55 pm
Ugh, I didn't bump my last ebook request and it's gone. I don't remember the title and author of that book. Could a Moderator find it somehow? Then I can re-request and/or find it in other places. I should have written a post-it-note, I DO know I'm an idiot.

bunnylips wrote:I'm sorry, but the system deletes the topic if it goes without any replies for 14 days. We have no way of retrieving it. I went back to August 1, 2016 to look to see if it had been removed for any other reason.. still no luck. Sorry. Hopefully it will come back to you :)
Oct 26th, 2016, 11:55 pm
Oct 30th, 2016, 6:45 am
Hi,

Question: if you found a link to the book a requester was seeking, are you able to just refer them the link to download the book or do you need to personally upload it? Thanks for your help!

merry60 wrote:If you found a link to the book on site, go ahead and refer the requester to the post, they may have missed it when searching.
If you found the link to the book off site, you need to download the book first and upload it yourself to your own filehost. Links to other sites are not allowed, all in the General Site Rules
Oct 30th, 2016, 6:45 am
Nov 1st, 2016, 4:36 pm
I want to request books that were posted back in 2011, but they were only posted in PDF and I'd like a different format. I'm assuming putting a new request thread up is the correct thing to do?

merry60 wrote:Any way you decide to do it is correct, but the logical thing to do would be to send a PM to the OP first. 5 years is a long time and most likely the original poster will have access to a different format by now. Last resort, a new request.
Nov 1st, 2016, 4:36 pm
Nov 6th, 2016, 5:53 pm
My browsers (both Chrome and Firefox unable to open links of any Uploadrocket posts. Please Help me.

bunnylips wrote: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file provides information on how to download on many of the file hosts used, including uploadrocket. Give that a try, and if you still can't make it work, please do contact me
Nov 6th, 2016, 5:53 pm
Nov 6th, 2016, 8:30 pm
How do I open this type file?
"application/octet-stream"
When I download an ebook this is what I have been seeing about 1/4 of the time.
Please advise THX

bunnylips wrote:Please see my message to you. I will do my best to help you out, ok?
Nov 6th, 2016, 8:30 pm
Nov 13th, 2016, 5:01 pm
I'm not very sure whether i remembered right, but I think I came across a thread that has a compilation of the weekly best-selling ebook titles. They were updated very frequently, and all the book (up to 20 per file) were contained in a ZIP file. If this isn't a figment of my imagination, could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction please?

merry60 wrote:Not your imagination, but it's been a long time since we disallowed the best-sellers bundles. You can read about this issue in the Rules (scroll down to the bottom), or in the Social Club, these two threads in particular:

viewtopic.php?p=3409697#3409697
viewtopic.php?p=2798817#2798817
Nov 13th, 2016, 5:01 pm