Jun 20th, 2009, 12:44 pm
I have recently purchased a Becker Traffic Assist Z201. If comes with 'Becker' Software Version 8.3.1.70118 (SR1) - which is really, I believe, iGo Amigo in disguise. The unit also has TMC and is a neat little Win CE 5.0 device.

Previously I had been running the latest PNA version of iGo 8 on an IPAQ 214 - and loved the functionality of the software.

Question: The "Becker" version is farly unuseable. When routing you cannot type in an address and then finely place the cursor on the map like you can with the proper iGo 8. A small thing but hyper annoying. The 3D views of the maps on the Becker only have road signs for motorways, iGo 8 had 'A' roads as well. No configurable map colours, no trip computer, cannot configure main display numerics, and there are a list of other annoyances!

So - I have all the software and the devices - what I'm lacking is the method to get the iGo 8 software working on the Becker Z201!

I have tried - what I got on the Becker was an upside down mirror image iGo8 screen (all the writing was backwards) too small for the Becker's display also with incorrectly mapped touch areas, corrupted graphics and which could not see the GPS or TMC. This after many hours of reconfiguring ini files and data.zip files - to no avail. I then reinstalled the original software.

Please could anyone point me in the right direction and lend me some assistance? Thank you.
Jun 20th, 2009, 12:44 pm
Jun 21st, 2009, 4:37 am
what you saying is not true.

The "Becker" version is farly unuseable. When routing you cannot type in an address and then finely place the cursor on the map like you can with the proper iGo 8

yes you can do that

The 3D views of the maps on the Becker only have road signs for motorways, iGo 8 had 'A' roads as well.

Nothing to do with the software. Becker uses Navteq maps, Igo8 use Teleatlas. If you put the igo8 maps on your becker, you will see exactly the same road signs as you see in igo8.

There are many things for becker, it´s a question of search.. if you want, pm me.

Regards
Jun 21st, 2009, 4:37 am
Jun 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
miruim said "what you saying is not true. yes you can do that"

OK - let me explain. With Igo8 you can enter an address AND in the same operation then place a point on the map near the searched address. With Becker you can enter an address OR you can place a point on the map. So with the Becker I find the road I want with no house numbers - but want a specific location on that road. I'm just stuck with mid point or intersection - so may get a point miles from where I want to go! All you can then do with the Becker is to go into 'place a point on the map' mode (which always starts from my current/last GSP location - not the previously searched address). I then have to remember where that road was and manually drag and zoom into it and then place a point. This is difficult to remember and a waste of time!!!!

Also the Becker 2008 Q3 maps are more inaccurate than iGo8 2008 Q3 maps (in my area) - there are some incorrect local turns on some very old roads (that are correct with iGo8 and TomTom V6) - so there's no excuse. Even the initial free Becker speed camera database is 8 months + out of date - not good enough.

But I digress!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

The point is - I don't want the Becker Software on the Becker Z201. I want the iGo8!!!! Please can anyone give me a method for doing this??? Please! Pretty please?
Jun 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Jun 21st, 2009, 3:01 pm
With Igo8 you can enter an address AND in the same operation then place a point on the map near the searched address

you can do exactly the same in Becker.

Also the Becker 2008 Q3 maps are more inaccurate than iGo8 2008 Q3 maps (in my area)

as i said , Becker do not have maps.Becker use maps. You can put the igo8 maps (teleatlas maps), tomtom uses the teleatlas maps too. Put the Igo8 maps in becker, and you will see that you will like more.

The point is - I don't want the Becker Software on the Becker Z201. I want the iGo8

if you really dont want, you can change, all you have to do is delete the igo8 folder and copy the igo software. simply has that
Jun 21st, 2009, 3:01 pm