Dec 25th, 2016, 3:43 pm
Re: Dead Links in Releases

We've all had it happen: all the links in a release are non-working and the signature of the original poster tells us that s/he is no longer active and replacing links.

So why don't we have a policy to hit the "report" button to inform the mods of this status, after which they would simply delete the now-useless release?

merry60 wrote:We actually want them reposted, not deleted. Which is why we have a point in the Rules with instructions for these situations, so the old releases can be bumped, moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.
Dec 25th, 2016, 3:43 pm
Jan 2nd, 2017, 8:22 pm
merry60 wrote:We actually want them reposted, not deleted. Which is why we have a point in the Rules with instructions for these situations, so the old releases can be bumped, moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.

Ah! I see. You are referring to this: If the Original Poster is no longer active or not replacing links, post in the topic or PM a moderator with a link to the thread so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.

I have been so thoroughly indoctrinated about NOT POSTING IN THE RELEASE THREADS that I was unaware (or forgot) about this exception. Thanks!
Jan 2nd, 2017, 8:22 pm

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Jan 2nd, 2017, 8:45 pm
PollyannaRoe wrote:Ah! I see. You are referring to this: If the Original Poster is no longer active or not replacing links, post in the topic or PM a moderator with a link to the thread so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.

I have been so thoroughly indoctrinated about NOT POSTING IN THE RELEASE THREADS that I was unaware (or forgot) about this exception. Thanks!

No problem, although this is no exception to any rule. This is one rule all of its own for this particular case: "If the Original Poster is no longer active or not replacing links."
Jan 2nd, 2017, 8:45 pm
Jan 6th, 2017, 2:09 pm
Regretfully, I'll be leaving mobilism before long and I wanted to add a signature to my posts that says "sorry, not re-uploading releases any more". However, it doesn't seem to show up on old posts. Is there a way around that? Otherwise I guess people will just have to find out the hard way. :(
Jan 6th, 2017, 2:09 pm
Jan 6th, 2017, 9:48 pm
avoran wrote:Regretfully, I'll be leaving mobilism before long and I wanted to add a signature to my posts that says "sorry, not re-uploading releases any more". However, it doesn't seem to show up on old posts. Is there a way around that? Otherwise I guess people will just have to find out the hard way. :(

When you change your signature in the UCP, it automatically changes on all of your posts / topics.

The only time this does not happen is when the checkbox has been unticked in a specific topic

If you run into any trouble, please send a PM to me and we can work it out :)
Jan 6th, 2017, 9:48 pm
Jan 7th, 2017, 11:43 pm
Hi, I'm new here (I wonder how many messages on forums start with that?) I've tried to download a couple of books but when I try opening the .rar file no files are showing. Does this mean the books are no longer available or is it my extractor?

merry60 wrote:Hello and welcome, roverblue. There is no easy way to answer your generic question, but if you already downloaded the RAR it means the file was available, so your problem must be the extraction. We won't know for sure until we try to open the RAR, so please send a PM (private message) to me or any moderator (green names) and include the link to the post or the download link, we'll be happy to help.
Jan 7th, 2017, 11:43 pm
Jan 8th, 2017, 12:30 am
D'oh, should have tried to sort it myself before posting here, it was indeed the program I use to unzip. Thanks for the quick reply Merry.
Jan 8th, 2017, 12:30 am
Jan 8th, 2017, 11:03 pm
has anything changed with filescd.com
i went to download a book
tapped dowload button direct download nothing happened

bunnylips wrote:I checked the link of the specific book you were trying to download and didn't have any problems with it. When you run into any trouble with a book, please send a private message to the original poster and they should be able to help you out.
Jan 8th, 2017, 11:03 pm
Jan 8th, 2017, 11:21 pm
Thankyou
Jan 8th, 2017, 11:21 pm
Jan 9th, 2017, 2:48 am
Katy, I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that sometimes filescdn requires a couple of taps to its white download button before it actually responds. Thought it was just me, but maybe it's now a 'feature' with that storage site. Anyhow, have so far always found that it will eventually work OK.
Jan 9th, 2017, 2:48 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jan 9th, 2017, 10:42 am
In a book request thread, I have noticed a lot of times some users bump other users threads without mentioning any WRZ$. If a request is fulfilled how much do they have to donate?

bunnylips wrote:Bumping a request is the same thing as requesting the book. If there is no wrz$ noted, the minimum of 10wrz per book applies. It is all explained in the RULES
Jan 9th, 2017, 10:42 am
Jan 12th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Is there a way to edit/delete an ebook request if you ended up just buying the books?

merry60 wrote:No, but you can post a note in the request saying that you no longer need the book and a moderator will remove the request for you. More information in the RULES.
Jan 12th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Jan 18th, 2017, 3:40 pm
Hello--

Sorry if this is a question that should have been answered via a FAQ or using Google, but is there any way to access the old "top downloads" listings that used to be available on the site? I found them extremely helpful to notice which new ebooks were "hot" and made my browsing much simpler at times.

Thanks in advance, and forgive my noob ignorance.

merry60 wrote:The top topics works in mobilism v2.0, but if you use the Classic theme you will have to wait a bit longer, not fixed yet. Sorry about that.
Jan 18th, 2017, 3:40 pm
Jan 20th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Why am I not able to access Health sections ... it keeps redirecting ... is it the same for everyone? Now it shows redirect blocked ... but section still not opening for me ...
Jan 20th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Jan 20th, 2017, 1:26 pm
sherinl wrote:Why am I not able to access Health sections ... it keeps redirecting ... is it the same for everyone? Now it shows redirect blocked ... but section still not opening for me ...

Hi-
You need to clear your browser cache and cookies.
Check this link -
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1898184
Jan 20th, 2017, 1:26 pm