May 14th, 2009, 3:44 am
Prove of concept: http://www.vimeo.com/4640171 :lol:

How to:

Follow the tutorial on http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=59496 making the 2 following modifications:

1º - Replace the nav-u.mscr contents with the following script:
Code: Select allCopy("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\MortScript.exe","\Windows\MortScript.exe")
Copy("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\PowerOn.mscr","\Windows\PowerOn.mscr")
RunOnPowerOn ("\Windows\MortScript.exe","\Windows\PowerOn.mscr")

RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","off 19")
RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","off 17")
RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","on Serial")

RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Volume", "Mute", 5)
#This line removes the annoying beep that sony does when the screen is touched. If you like it just comment this line   

While (TRUE)
Runwait ("\Mounted Volume\IGO8\iGO.exe")
EndWhile

2º - Replace the PowerOn.mscr contents with the following script:
Code: Select allShow ("iGO")
#simple as that. This line brings the igo window to front making it visible.
#It is possible that other versions of igo have different window's name so you need to change the line to Show ("igo8") or something like that if this one doesn't work. If you use other software you need to try the name of the software maybe.. but just if this one doesn't work.
May 14th, 2009, 3:44 am
May 15th, 2009, 7:06 pm
Thanks you for that great solution.
May 15th, 2009, 7:06 pm
May 16th, 2009, 11:07 pm
These settings applicable the NV-U93TC at an apparatus? If most how I shall do it then?
May 16th, 2009, 11:07 pm
May 20th, 2009, 2:20 pm
Yes, many thanks for this, but a tiny minor:
At random the IGO-software terminates when one doesn't anulate within a certain time by touching the screen.
When you are to late, the software shuts down and when pushing the standby button the blank screen turns up again :shock:

It seems to be a "power supply" problem, because when the device is connected to the car-battery the problem doesn't occur! :lol: Probably the battery of the device itself is not functioning as it should, although it indicates fully loaded.

Has some one else this problem too? Suggestions?

Erwin
May 20th, 2009, 2:20 pm
Jul 21st, 2009, 7:35 pm
After a long time messing with the u71t it seems it works!

I had to change also sys.txt as follows
Code: Select all[interface]
resolution_dir="320_240"
vga=0
shutdown_time=0

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
screen_x=320
screen_y=240
Jul 21st, 2009, 7:35 pm
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:21 pm
kilikolo :D

Thank you very much!!
This worked for me very well, shutting down is now gone :lol: :lol: :) :D

Pondje
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:21 pm
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:45 pm
Great solution - I have on my u71t now everything working: tmc, on/off switch, backlight sensor.

Many thanks !!
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:45 pm
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:05 pm
Hi,

I have NV-U71T and have done everything to get it work. What did you do with Sony map on it. It has to be removed when installling Igo8. But it is also needed to start navi.
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:05 pm
Aug 27th, 2009, 8:44 pm
Jansa wrote:Hi,

I have NV-U71T and have done everything to get it work. What did you do with Sony map on it. It has to be removed when installling Igo8. But it is also needed to start navi.

Dear all,

When I try to copy c:\Mounted Volume as per cebus tutorial to pna I get error message that device has not enough memory. Problem occurs when copying "data" file to folder IGO8. The largest file on pna is called sony_eurpoe_06.map ~1,8GB. Is it safe to remofe this file? I have tried to back it up via ActiveSync but seems file is too large and connection via PC and pna is disconnected during process.

I have Sony NV-U71T device and I need to switch to IGO because Sony map coverage is far from ok in my area- Estonia.

I hope you can give some advise, help is appriciated.
Aug 27th, 2009, 8:44 pm
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:11 pm

simple, copy this Sony map file from sony/nav-u folder to PC via Activesync (it takes app. 1.5h to copy it, and by that way you keep it for future use) and after that erase original map from sony/nav-u folder on device. After that crate new txt file on PC (not on same place - desktop or particular folder you`ve copied original map) and name it same as sony map name. After that copy that new created file to sony/nav-u folder on nav-u71 (on that way you put empty map file on your 2G built in card, original sony software will recognize original map, and you`re left app. 1.8G free for IGO software and maps).
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:11 pm
Aug 30th, 2009, 6:41 pm
rookie100 wrote:

simple, copy this Sony map file from sony/nav-u folder to PC via Activesync (it takes app. 1.5h to copy it, and by that way you keep it for future use) and after that erase original map from sony/nav-u folder on device. After that crate new txt file on PC (not on same place - desktop or particular folder you`ve copied original map) and name it same as sony map name. After that copy that new created file to sony/nav-u folder on nav-u71 (on that way you put empty map file on your 2G built in card, original sony software will recognize original map, and you`re left app. 1.8G free for IGO software and maps).

Hi,

I still have a problem witch copying file sony_europe06.map with Activesync to PC. During the copy process Activesync disconnects. I have tried on 2 diffrernet PC's. Is there another way of backing up Sony files before going to IGO? Maybe to remove the miniSD from pna and copying directly via card reader?
Aug 30th, 2009, 6:41 pm
Sep 3rd, 2009, 8:00 am
Hi,

I still have a problem witch copying file sony_europe06.map with Activesync to PC. During the copy process Activesync disconnects. I have tried on 2 diffrernet PC's. Is there another way of backing up Sony files before going to IGO? Maybe to remove the miniSD from pna and copying directly via card reader?

It is possible to unscrew the unit (five minutes job), take out miniSD card and copy it via card reader, but watch out for cable and flat cable connections, they are very fragile. First switch off the unit, two under unit screw for back case release. After opening the unit, remove battery first by disconnecting battery cable,TMC cable (by pulling the cable up) and speaker cable, after the back metal case by removeng 4 side screws, and another 2 (one side and one center screw) for base plate release. Carefully pull out and you`ll see the card on the to left side (watching from back) between screen and base plate. Push the card for release and that`s it. Enjoy
Sep 3rd, 2009, 8:00 am
Sep 5th, 2009, 1:50 am
Hi all, i've done everything but one problem appear. I found GPS with settings 19/17 but even after some hours no GPS level found!!! Any help will be appreciated.
Sep 5th, 2009, 1:50 am
Jun 29th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Thanx -aristidesfl- & -cebu- it works :)
Jun 29th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Jan 31st, 2011, 9:01 pm
on a navu70t ( if it will ever work ) I only get :

Installation with an exclamation mark but nothing happens it seems the scripts don't run at all
Jan 31st, 2011, 9:01 pm