Keep yourself informed!
Jan 15th, 2011, 5:37 am
We're looking for a couple more guys to help out in these sections. As moderator you will manage, reward and categorize releases, handle disputes, problems and the occasional spammer, participate in staff discussions, and be part of a very fun team (I think the other Android guys will agree that we have the best team).... ;) . If you're interested in this kind of stuff, and have over 150 posts (in most cases), please fill out the application below and pm it to the Administrator in the section you have interest in.

For Android PM Disk4mat in this topic

Please fill out this questionaire:
What device(s) do you have and which one do you use the most?
What experience, if any, do you have moderating?
What languages do you speak?
How old are you?
What do you like the most about mobilism?
Why do you think you will make a good moderator and why are you a great guy?

For GPS PM Mr FuFu

For Windows Phone PM Reedim or Farshid (of course the candidate will be discussed with team leader Farshid)

UPDATE!!!

Currently looking for an iPhone moderator to join the awesome iOS Team

PM XVI with the following application

Please fill out this questionaire:
How old are you?
Do you have any jailbreaking experience?
Jan 15th, 2011, 5:37 am
Jan 15th, 2011, 3:51 pm
To help out in the 'categorizing' part, you could simply give major releasers - from which you know by now they know how to post a release, concerning format and double posts - the possibility to categorize themselves their own releases. Like you do with staff members, you can reward them on a monthly base. That would leave the 'manage, handle disputes, problems and the occasional spammer, and participate in staff discussions' to the regular mods.

(And I'm not sure the Android team is 'the best' team... ;) )
Jan 15th, 2011, 3:51 pm
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:27 pm
What device(s) do you have and which one do you use the most? Actually : Samsung Galaxy S (changing very often...)
What experience, if any, do you have moderating? I'm already moderator on XDA Dev forum
What languages do you speak? English, French
How old are you? ough !!! almost 50
What do you like the most about mobilism? The HUGE variety and quality of software released
Why do you think you will make a good moderator and why are you a great guy? Simply because it's me....
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:27 pm
Jan 19th, 2011, 4:58 am
woaloo wrote:What device(s) do you have and which one do you use the most? Actually : Samsung Galaxy S (changing very often...)
What experience, if any, do you have moderating? I'm already moderator on XDA Dev forum
What languages do you speak? English, French
How old are you? ough !!! almost 50
What do you like the most about mobilism? The HUGE variety and quality of software released
Why do you think you will make a good moderator and why are you a great guy? Simply because it's me....

Under what name are you a mod :P?
Jan 19th, 2011, 4:58 am

Help mitigate Mobilism's load by donating.
Jan 20th, 2011, 8:02 am
Disk4mat, i've edited your post, since we've been discussing with farshid, that I need a moderator partner.

-Reed
Jan 20th, 2011, 8:02 am

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
Jan 21st, 2011, 1:17 am
What device(s) do you have and which one do you use the most?HTC Aria & Samsung Nexus S
What experience, if any, do you have moderating?I am a moderator for "BlapkMarket" and was a moderator for XDA
What languages do you speak?I speak English,Telugu,Hindi,French, and russian.
How old are you? 22
What do you like the most about mobilism?I enjoy supporting Devs and understanding which actions "tick" application Devs off. As a result of some of my applications being cracked, I enjoy cracking applications and bringing security to other dev applications but still releasing the cracks!
Why do you think you will make a good moderator and why are you a great guy?I enjoy contributing to Mobilism as well as notice that there should be more enforcement with spam as well as to give proper rewards to crackers when they publish a phenomenal application! Thanks

"Live Long Mobilism"
Jan 21st, 2011, 1:17 am
Jan 21st, 2011, 7:58 pm
What device(s) do you have and which one do you use the most? Samsung Galaxy S and Archos 9 pctablet. I use the Galaxy S most,
What experience, if any, do you have moderating? I dont have any experiance before, but you must start somewhere, right?
What languages do you speak? Swedish, English, pretty good Spanish, Norwegian
How old are you? 14, but soon 15.
What do you like the most about mobilism? I love all about it! How you can customize your own theme, personalize it as you want..
Why do you think you will make a good moderator and why are you a great guy? I think I would be a good moderator because I love to help people and i have too much playtime :P A job here would do me great! Im a great guy because I was born that way :D

-----------------
Best regards Galaxxy
Jan 21st, 2011, 7:58 pm
Jan 21st, 2011, 9:13 pm
Dont post here, pm the admin whose section you want to join.
Jan 21st, 2011, 9:13 pm
Jan 22nd, 2011, 5:45 am
If you're PMing me for WM section, I won't even consider users with less than 150 posts.
Jan 22nd, 2011, 5:45 am

Help mitigate Mobilism's load by donating.
Jan 22nd, 2011, 6:38 pm
Disk4mat wrote:For Android PM Disk4mat in this topic

Disk4mat wrote:Dont post here, pm the admin whose section you want to join.

Err... make up your mind, scratchdisk... :?

And, btw, I don't care you don't react to my post about 'To help out in the 'categorizing' part...' Just figure out how many of your mods are actually 'moderating' their sections, instead of loosing their time rewarding & categorizing.
Jan 22nd, 2011, 6:38 pm
Jan 22nd, 2011, 8:12 pm
I dont trust the categorizing of releasers, they will make more mistakes than our moderators. Also once a release is categorized its impossible to tell without looking through its replies whether its been rewarded or not, which will only mean more time spent.
Jan 22nd, 2011, 8:12 pm
Jan 22nd, 2011, 8:58 pm
Samsung Galaxy S, rooted, custom ROM and overclocked to 1300mhz.

I have been a moderator on a couple of warez forums that are now closed
I was also an op on a well known warez channel that existed back in the days of dial up and ftps that used to be on IRC (#efnet) as well as other irc channels over the years.

English

How old are you?

How quickly apps/games etc are cracked and released here and the overall general content is amazing.
The level of friendliness on here is far better than on quite a lot of other forums.

Whenever I come across something that isn't listed here I always start a new topic and make the goodies available (not very often as others beat me to it).
I hate spammers and I believe the Android section needs to be policed a bit better so this can be controlled.
I tend to spend a lot of time online so I will be able to devote quite a lot of time to moderating and making sure things run smoothly.
I'm mature, up front, honest and I always buy apps if I believe they are worth it which works out to be more often than not.
Jan 22nd, 2011, 8:58 pm
Jan 22nd, 2011, 9:04 pm
I guess that anyone who posted his application here is already disqualified as he failed to read PM Disk4mat/admin responsible for category with your application.

I'm closing this topic, mods can still reply here if needed.
Jan 22nd, 2011, 9:04 pm

MOBILISM.ORG
SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:01 am
michaldu wrote:I guess that anyone who posted his application here is already disqualified as he failed to read PM Disk4mat/admin responsible for category with your application.

I'm closing this topic, mods can still reply here if needed.

Sorry, Micha, but Zach has a point...
Zacharie wrote:
Disk4mat wrote:For Android PM Disk4mat in this topic

So don't 'disqualify' to soon, please? ;)

Guy1731 Image
Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:01 am

Jan 23rd, 2011, 1:19 pm
michaldu wrote:anyone who posted his application here

Zach didn't and I admit he's got a point in his post... ;)
Jan 23rd, 2011, 1:19 pm

MOBILISM.ORG
SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.