Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jan 29th, 2010, 5:03 pm
sdawson wrote:
Uboy wrote:Can we have the "rate this topic" set at 10 by default, not 5? Or possibly not add your rating untill you actually select a number. Click rate topic, click number. I know I've accidentally rated topics at 5 a few times and I'm sure a lot of others have too.

Hmmm, good point. I set it at 5 originally because that's nice and central. I will change it to a blank shortly.

How about huge wrz$ rewards for ideas you implement? :D
Jan 29th, 2010, 5:03 pm

Less Than 10wrz$ ? Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96368

If you would like to smile more.....then smile more :)
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:07 am
A re-design of the search page would be nice. Currently it's very complicated to use the option "Search in forums:" since you currently see only 11 lines to choose from maybe one hundred forums. I think it would be better if you could see at least 25-50 lines.

A dynamic menu with javascript might work best, but it's maybe overkill - I don't know how many use this option at all.

And...maybe add an option for google sitesearch (http://www.google.com/sitesearch/)
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:07 am
Apr 17th, 2010, 5:51 am
m0o5 wrote:A mobile PPCWarez release tool. Like Phex's tool, but for WM and/or iPhone?

I've developed one. Take a look. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=88081
Apr 17th, 2010, 5:51 am

Main Development Languages C/C++ - Java - Java EE - Java ME - C# - Visual Basic - 8086, ARM, MIPS, z80 and 6502 Assembly - Delphi - WML - Pascal - Ruby
Devices Samsung Galaxy S - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - iPad w/ 3G 64GB - Nokia E61 - HP iPAQ Hx2490b - Apple iPod Touch 3g - HP Jornada 720 - Palm T|X - Palm z22
GPS Mio Moov 560

Pixhost - Image hosting made simple
Apr 17th, 2010, 6:16 am
I use the "new posts" button exclusively. Although it's great we can now omit seeing forums that don't apply to us (iphone, android, etc.), it'd be GREAT if we could also omit all the magazine & book files folks have uploaded as well. Pretty well doubles the time it takes to scan for interesting new releases. And ... thanks for a great site! :)
Apr 17th, 2010, 6:16 am
Apr 17th, 2010, 7:22 am
UncleBeer wrote:I use the "new posts" button exclusively. Although it's great we can now omit seeing forums that don't apply to us (iphone, android, etc.), it'd be GREAT if we could also omit all the magazine & book files folks have uploaded as well. Pretty well doubles the time it takes to scan for interesting new releases. And ... thanks for a great site! :)

You can now. viewtopic.php?p=548822#548822

:D
Apr 17th, 2010, 7:22 am
May 29th, 2010, 10:01 pm
For me personally i would love a small column saying the date of the first post. Say like when i click on "view new post", then it would be easy to see if it was a new release or just a new post.
May 29th, 2010, 10:01 pm

Zippo
Sep 4th, 2010, 6:11 pm
now we can search replies but not top posts. please make searches for topics
Sep 4th, 2010, 6:11 pm
Sep 4th, 2010, 6:36 pm
steve3v wrote:now we can search replies but not top posts. please make searches for topics

Fixed.
Sep 4th, 2010, 6:36 pm

Support developers.
Oct 27th, 2010, 6:18 am
How about a mobilism.org bittorrent tracker?

It would be relatively easy to setup and would make downloading SOOOO much easier because you don't have to click through 3 broken links then be bombarded with popups while having to wait up to 2 minutes for a download link to appear.....
Oct 27th, 2010, 6:18 am
Jan 7th, 2011, 4:10 pm
The RSS feed isn't working properly. I feel RSS is the way of the future, I post, read and respond to almost all my other forum subscriptions on my cell on the way to work but yours doesn't work so I usually forget to check you out. That'd be the #1 way to get my recommendation.
Jan 7th, 2011, 4:10 pm
Mar 19th, 2011, 10:26 pm
The insane amount of full screen ads... every single time I click on a link or a new page, my entire page is taken over by an ad with the option to skip it appearing after a second or two in the top right.

I understand that this is a free forum and I expect a certain amount of advertising to support that, but must I be subjected to yobi.tv or education media on every single click? The site is not even functional that way!!
Mar 19th, 2011, 10:26 pm
Mar 23rd, 2011, 6:29 am
I'd love a way to be notified of private messages. I'm not always very diligent about checking the little messages number up top and often I won't notice private messages for days, which makes me feel like a jerk. Since my email is pushed to my phone and then I'm notified of the arrival, it would notify me almost instantly of a pm if you could setup a "notify by email" feature for private messages. I know a lot of forums have this ability, so I'm hoping it's not hard to implement.
Mar 23rd, 2011, 6:29 am
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:14 am
lowfive wrote:I'd love a way to be notified of private messages. I'm not always very diligent about checking the little messages number up top and often I won't notice private messages for days, which makes me feel like a jerk. Since my email is pushed to my phone and then I'm notified of the arrival, it would notify me almost instantly of a pm if you could setup a "notify by email" feature for private messages. I know a lot of forums have this ability, so I'm hoping it's not hard to implement.

You can enable it in the User Control Panel.
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:14 am
Mar 30th, 2011, 1:03 am
Disk4mat wrote:
lowfive wrote:I'd love a way to be notified of private messages. I'm not always very diligent about checking the little messages number up top and often I won't notice private messages for days, which makes me feel like a jerk. Since my email is pushed to my phone and then I'm notified of the arrival, it would notify me almost instantly of a pm if you could setup a "notify by email" feature for private messages. I know a lot of forums have this ability, so I'm hoping it's not hard to implement.

You can enable it in the User Control Panel.

Actually, I don't think it's working.
I used to get email notifications, and now I don't. Haven't changed anything in the UCP.
Mar 30th, 2011, 1:03 am

SUPPORT THE FILM INDUSTRY. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Mar 30th, 2011, 2:09 am
Maybe theyre getting caught by your spam filter?
Mar 30th, 2011, 2:09 am