Your post shows a heap of ignorance. Here's to prove otherwise:
1. None of you have probably heard of Joe Stack who flew an airplane in February of 2010. If the dude’s name were Ahmad or Mohammad, this would have made national headlines and blown way out of proportion.
2. Why wasn’t Loughner labeled as a terrorist when he killed 6 people and injured Representative Giffords of Arizona?
3. Why hasn’t Israeli occupation of Palestine since the 1940s been labeled as a terrorist act and why is the Israeli government not labeled as a terrorist organization?
4. The famous Columbine shooting? Why weren’t Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold deemed as terrorists?
5. 9/11 is a terrorist attack but the US’s invasion of countries like Iraq and Afghanistan isn’t? Around 3,000 people died on 9/11. Bombings of Afghanistan killed more than 15,000 with 50,000 tons of explosives fired at innocent civilians. The death toll is 500,000 in Iraq and counting. The US’s invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan were not means of getting rid of "despotic regimes" but rather, means of getting at a country’s resources. Don’t get me wrong, 9/11 was definitely a horrendous event that nobody with an ounce of common sense would’ve wanted to see-- but to bend the line of classifying an act as a “terrorist attack” for people just because they aren’t Muslim is absurd.
To have this hit home a little closer to some of you, this generalization would be like saying:
1. Not every Mexican is an illegal immigrant, but every illegal immigrant is Mexican.
2. Not every white person is a redneck, but every redneck is white.
3. Not every black person is a thief, but every thief is a black person.
I hope you guys see the wickedness in these statements. They really couldn’t be any further away from the truth.
Contrary to popular belief in most western cultures, Islam is a religion that preaches peace and tolerance.
If you want to know what’s really going on, stop listening to rigged media and nonsense music. Take a look at news sources that display the whole picture, not what’s going to make headlines.
I don't mean to go off-topic but your statement made me.
Well said. Very well said.