Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 4S & iPad 2 with Absinthehttp://greenpois0n.com/?p=173Supported devices
: iPhone 4S, iPad 2.Requirements
- iPhone 4S (running iOS 5.0 or either 4S version of 5.0.1);
- iPad 2 (all Wi-Fi only, GSM & CDMA devices supported; must be running iOS 5.0.1).Please remember
- make a backup with iTunes or iCloud;
- don't update to 5.0.1 if you need an iPhone4S Unlock;
- you should not update to iOS 5.0.2 when it’s released, or you will lose your jailbreak.Downloads
New version v0.4:
LINUX: http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/absinth ... 0.4.tar.gz
Old version v0.2:
Official site: WIN
: Video Guide
1. Download Absinthe.
2. Connect iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer.
3. Click on "Jailbreak" button (no need in DFU mode).
4. Device will say "Restore in Progress". Do not touch it until Absinthe completes.
5. When it's done, tap the "Absinthe" icon:
Your device should still be connected to your computer and Wi-Fi should be ON. Absinthe app on your computer should still be open.
6. Your device will reboot and then the Absinthe icon will be replaced by a Cydia. Congratulations, you're jailbroken now!
When first running Cydia (the jailbreak app store) the program initializes, which could take a few minutes. After this is done, navigate to the Changes menu and touch Refresh in the upper left hand corner to update the package list.
If the Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”, please go to Settings, turn on VPN and wait instead.
Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it’s done, or it will not work.
VPN SHOULD error and then reboot soon. If it does not, rerun Absinthe!