[ 2 posts ] 
 Post: #1 | Post subject: Empire series by Anthony Riches (.MOBI)(.ePUB)(.LIT)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:34 am 
eBook Moderator

WRZ$: 65401.69

Device: Galaxy Note; Galaxy Tab 2 7; Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Empire series by Anthony Riches - books 1 & 2
Requirements: Mobi, Sony, or MS Reader | 2.54 MB
Overview: "Following a childhood which featured a deep interest in the military rooted in my father and grandfather's service in the two world wars, I took a degree in Military Studies at Manchester University. Working for a succession of blue chip companies over the next twenty five years, I gravitated into business systems and change project management, and I've worked as a freelance project manager in the UK and Europe, the USA, the Middle and Far East over the last decade.
Over the same period I've gradually refined my ability to write fiction, initially for my own entertainment but more recently with the serious aim of achieving my debut publication. The manuscript of Wounds of Honour eked out a precarious ten year existence on a succession of computer hard drives and memory sticks until a life changing encounter in Belfast energised me to rewrite the manuscript and seek publication. Thanks Gerry! " Anthony Riches
ImageImage

Wounds of Honour
Marcus Valerius Aquila has scarcely landed in Britannia when he has to run for his life - condemned to dishonorable death by power-crazed Emperor Commodus. The plan is to take a new name, serve in an obscure regiment on Hadrian's Wall and lie low until he can hope for justice. Then a rebel army sweeps down from the wastes north of the Wall, and Marcus has to prove he's hard enough to lead a century in the front line of a brutal, violent war.

Arrows of Fury
The Battle of the Lost Eagle saved Hadrian's Wall, but the new Roman governor of Britannia must stamp out the rebellion of the northern tribes or risk losing the province. Rampaging south with sword and flame under the command of their murderous chieftain Calgus, they have stretched his forces to the limit. For Marcus - now simply Centurion Corvus of the 1st Tungrian cohort - the campaign has become doubly dangerous. As reinforcements flood into Britannia he is surrounded by new officers with no reason to protect him from the emperor's henchmen. Death could result from a careless word as easily as from an enemy spear Worse, one of them is close on his heels. While Marcus is training two centuries of Syrian archers to survive a barbarian charge and then take the fight back to their enemy, the new prefect of the 2nd Tungrians has discovered his secret. Only a miracle can save Marcus and the men who protect him from disgrace and death ...Anthony Riches once again brings meticulous research together with brilliant storytelling to capture the authentic feel of what life was like for the Roman Army in a brutal war with a remorseless enemy.

Download Instructions:
Click to Download

Mirror:
Click to Download

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:34 am 
The Advertiser

Post: #2 | Post subject: Re: Empire series by Anthony Riches (.MOBI)(.ePUB)(.LIT)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:10 am 
Service Manager

WRZ$: 91983.04

Device: SGS GT-I9000; BB Bold Onyx III 9790
Nice release, redsie! 2x5 WRZ$ + 3 WRZ$ for mirror rewards. Category : Novels.

Offline Profile  

[ 2 posts ]