Speculative fiction, alternative worlds, futuristic, supernatural, horror
Jan 16th, 2017, 1:07 am
The Common Cold series by David K. Roberts (Books 3-4)
Requirements: .ePUB or .MOBI Reader, 1.34 MB
Overview: Australian by birth, I have travelled extensively and lived in in Africa, the Middle East, and the Far East.
I graduated with a BSc Joint Honours Marine Biology and Zoology and have spent more years than I care to remember working in the IT industry. I currently run my own management consultancy. A qualified pilot, I am also a keen photographer.
Genre: Fiction | Horror > Zombies

Image Image

Dez Rez (Book 3): After three years of struggling to survive, ‘residuals’ was the name everyone now gave the zombified remnants of the population that still clung onto some form of life following the apocalypse.
Tired of eking out a hand to mouth existence in the mountains above Denver, and with the arrival of new survivors putting a strain on limited resources, Rob, Daniel and the rest of the original survivors decide that the time has come for pastures new.
Soda Bay in California ticks all the boxes - mild climate, fertile soil, and easily defendable. Problem is, this prime real estate is already occupied by people with their own absolute and terrifying agenda. Something else, something infinitely more malevolent has entered the mix - a dark presence, lethal and dangerous yet hard to identify - making it the most unequivocal threat to their existence yet.

Playing God (Book 4): This episode takes us back to the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse, to a group of obsessive scientists who are playing God with the fate of the remnants of mankind.
If you have read the previous three installments this will help you to connect certain dots within the overall plot. If you haven’t read them (and I would suggest you do!) this will have you feeling better prepared for the Main Event when it happens.
The very beginning takes place in Australia, along the East Coast. Sydney is a beautiful city – normally. As long as you aren’t being chased by gore-obsessed zombies, the city has a lot offer – great food and drink, fantastic nightlife, beautiful beaches and sailing in the Harbour to name but a few attractions. The problem is, as of New Year’s Day these become but a dim memory.
One part of the story follows the fate of two young people, Alex and Mattie, who are in their first flush of love when the world as they know it goes to hell and they have to battle for their very survival.
Meanwhile in the USA, certain scientists seem to have a better knowledge of what’s really going on than anyone would expect. What are they up to and why didn’t they use their knowledge to put a stop to the problem at the outset? Henry and his young daughter Marianne (introduced in The Common Cold: A Zombie Chronicle – Dez Rez) team up with other survivors to escape the clutches of a psychopathic scientist who seems hell-bent on her own agenda for the future.

Download Instructions:
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/YXfbqO9g/file.html
http://mir.cr/SNZCGDHO

Books 1 & 2 here: viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=958518&hilit=David+K+Roberts
Jan 16th, 2017, 1:07 am

If I stumble they're gonna eat me alive