Jan 16th, 2017, 8:24 pm
Hello, fellow members of Mobilism.

I am true newbie here, posting ebooks just for few days. Maybe some of you have noticed that releases with my name started to appear, mostly in Non-fiction - History section. Thanks to help of several moderators, I gradually got into it (or at least I hope so) and I learned how to post (usually) without errors. The question is: What to post?

To explain it, I have collection of more than 9,000 ebooks about military, history, security and politics. Of course, lot of them is already present here, many are pure PDF or DJVU scans (thus, not fully suitable for Mobilism), many are in Russian language, but there is still plenty of ebooks that could be posted here. Therefore, one of moderators advised me to create a discussion topic and to ask other members, i.e. - YOU. :)

Thus, what categories of ebooks would you like me to post? Please, don’t write concrete titles or authors, rather just categories, such as: Middle Ages, American Civil War, World War 1 or 2, terrorism, alternate history, aviation, tanks, naval warfare, space, infantry weapons, strategy, biographies etc. Any suggestions would be welcomed and considered.

Many thanks to everyone. :)
Jan 16th, 2017, 8:24 pm

Ready & happy to help & serve. If ALL links are dead, use Reupload button.
Jan 16th, 2017, 9:37 pm
I honestly prefer aviation related books more than anything. Your post regarding the Vulcan, Valiant and Victor units and the Sakhalin incident books are on my to download list. So honestly I would say aviation related would be great!! :D :D
Jan 16th, 2017, 9:37 pm
Jan 16th, 2017, 9:55 pm
Sid Ray wrote:I honestly prefer aviation related books more than anything. Your post regarding the Vulcan, Valiant and Victor units and the Sakhalin incident books are on my to download list. So honestly I would say aviation related would be great!! :D :D

Thank you. In that case, I can only hope that my latest post would find the same way. :)
Jan 16th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Jan 17th, 2017, 2:01 am
I like books about American Civil War, World War 1 or 2, and terrorism. Seems like you have a great collection.
Jan 17th, 2017, 2:01 am
Jan 17th, 2017, 5:06 pm
pony123 wrote:I like books about American Civil War, World War 1 or 2, and terrorism. Seems like you have a great collection.

Thank you, I try my best. I hope you enjoy my today's posts. :)
Jan 17th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Jan 18th, 2017, 6:11 pm
I really like books on WW2, and many of the more common ones I have read; however, there are some biographies, not by generals, but by the rank and file, that prove to be interesting, if I could find any. I am particular to the German battles, especially the Eastern front of WW2, and even enjoy the novels of that period (yes, even authors like Willi Heinrich!) (hard to find).

Second in importance wold be Vietnam war books; again, I have read many of the prominent books, examples that I can't find being Vietnam Fragments', recently re-released with a different title.

Once again, I especially enjoy the biographies of the grunts who were on the ground, not the generals. Autobiographies are good too, and again, novels often capture the action just as well, or better than bioggraphies. Should you wish to go "off-line", I can be reached at geneo2556@aol.com.

Thanks. If you have any specific torrent or download sites that I can get many of these books, I would appreciate their URL, so I could haunt their selections as well. I see in England that they print AFTER THE BATTLE, now offered in digital. I have found a few of their magazines (they also have ww2 books on digital), mostly about ww2, and England seems to have quite a few books that we can't get here in America.

You mentioned Russian books; I don't speak or read the language, but if they are loaded with pictures, I would understand that!
Jan 18th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Jan 18th, 2017, 6:17 pm
did I mention, VIETNAM MAGAZINE is also hard to find, but great reading. thanks.
Jan 18th, 2017, 6:17 pm
Jan 18th, 2017, 9:26 pm
Vietnam War: OK, thanks for suggestion. I just added four books about this conflict and you can expect more to follow. I am sorry that I probably don’t have any memoirs of "ordinary soldiers", but I hope certain books about both American and Vietnamese military units in this war would be interesting for you.

Russian books: Well, I still think over posting them. How many members of Mobilism really know this language? How many members would download them? In fact, they all are "true" (retail) PDF, thus, you can copy the Russian text into Google Translator. For this moment, I think I will occasionally post some Russian books, but of course not in such amount as the English ones, since I understand that they will be never so popular as the English ones here.

(About me: I can read and speak Russian more-or-less fluently, since I live in a Central European country, where knowledge of this language is quite widespread. I also work in company that deals with Russia sometimes. [Before you ask: Yes, the sanctions damaged our business.] And in addition, I am very interested in Russian and Soviet weapons and military history, thus, I decided to learn this language.)

Maybe you also noticed that I added several non-military and non-history books. The fact is that besides my collection of military and history books, I have several hundreds of books from various other branches, which are related to my GF’s or my own interests and hobbies, such as animals, mysteries, science, culture, sex etc. Thus, you can expect me to occasionally post also such books here. In any case, I would be glad to see you enjoying them. :)
Jan 18th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Jan 21st, 2017, 12:28 pm
About the Russian books; yes, language issues would be difficult, however, if the book was primarily photographs, the pictures would speak for themselves, I am sure.

Looked into your recent 4 books you posted; now, how can I selectively search for your ebooks? I put your name (Lucas234) in the search box, but nothing came back.; is there anyway to check out ONLY your additions to this forum?

I was surprised to find out that you can't post referrals to other sites; it would be helpful not to overload this site with requests.

If you DO have any referrals to other sites, you could email me at geneo2556@aol.com, to the monitors do not get upset.

VIETNAM MAGAZINE - found a few in the last 2 years posted around the internet, but the older ones from years past are as rare as hen's teeth!

AFTER THE BATTLE - from England - https://www.afterthebattle.com/, both magazines and books have now been converted to digital, but only a few magazines found on the internet, no books yet.

if I can give YOU A referral site, may I suggest warezbb, https://www.warez-bb.org/viewforum.php?f=8
Jan 21st, 2017, 12:28 pm
Jan 21st, 2017, 1:26 pm
Searching: Search box can get only book titles and/or authors, not the posters. I think you can also try some options of Advanced Search, but I must confess that I am not quite good at that and I usually don’t get the results I wish... However, there is a simple way: See my profile and scroll down, there is a line Total posts and you can click a link Search user’s posts, this will show you all my additions. Just now, I will post some more books here, thus... enjoy!
Jan 21st, 2017, 1:26 pm

Jan 29th, 2017, 2:58 am
I dont see any problem with pure pdf scans. They are 10000times better than not having the book. I think you should upload them :)

Ask for requests,books about either video games or pro wrestling would be wonderful. I LOVE reading about those 2 topics :D
Jan 29th, 2017, 2:58 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT,AND CAN AFFORD IT, BUY IT.
Jan 29th, 2017, 9:15 am
I am sorry, but I think I don't have any books about wrestling. I have several books about video games, but it seems they are already posted here by another members (such as War Play by Corey Mead, or Playing at the Next Level by Ken Horowitz, posted just yeasterday).
Jan 29th, 2017, 9:15 am

Jan 29th, 2017, 4:39 pm
Lucas234 wrote:I am sorry, but I think I don't have any books about wrestling. I have several books about video games, but it seems they are already posted here by another members (such as War Play by Corey Mead, or Playing at the Next Level by Ken Horowitz, posted just yeasterday).

funnily enough,i am the one who posted Playing at the Next Level lol :lol:

still,my statement about scanned PDFs is a general one. as long as they are readable with no problems,you should upload them imo :)
Jan 29th, 2017, 4:39 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT,AND CAN AFFORD IT, BUY IT.
Jan 29th, 2017, 6:42 pm
Scanned PDFs: OK, I will consider it - of course, if the moderators don't oppose it...
Jan 29th, 2017, 6:42 pm

Jan 29th, 2017, 11:42 pm
Lucas234 wrote:Scanned PDFs: OK, I will consider it - of course, if the moderators don't oppose it...

We strive to make the best quality content available to our members. Scanned PDF's can be quite different in quality. Some are fantastic and other scans can be completely unreadable. Some scans can be of a reasonable size, and some others can be so large to make them impractical. Alas, there is no one answer for your question.

I always ask the question, "Would I want this in my collection?" If you can say yes, then it can be posted. If I think a member maybe disappointed in the book once they download it, a note on the topic indicating the nature of the quality is appropriate.

And a reminder to everyone, please keep the discussion to the general types of books that you would like to see; requests for specific books and/or authors need to be made in the Request Section, and not in this topic. Thank you all for respecting the rules for each section
Jan 29th, 2017, 11:42 pm

I am no longer re-uploading books. If both links are no longer working, please feel free to post in the topic that you would like the book.