Apps to communicate, list your contacts, etc.
Jan 18th, 2017, 10:12 am
OBD Fusion (Car Diagnostics) v4.1.1
Requirements: 4.0.3 + Google Play Mod
Overview: OBD Fusion (formerly TouchScan) is an app that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your Android phone or tablet.

OBD Fusion (formerly TouchScan) is an app that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your Android phone or tablet. You can clear your check engine light, read diagnostic trouble codes, estimate fuel economy and much more! OBD Fusion has a ton of features that are used by professional car mechanics, do-it-yourselfers, and users who want to monitor car data during day to day driving. Some of the features include customizable dashboards, real-time graphing of vehicle sensors, emission readiness status, data logging and exporting, oxygen sensor tests, Boost readout, and a full diagnostic report.

Is your check engine light on? Do you want to monitor fuel economy and usage in your vehicle? Do you want cool looking gauges on your Android phone or tablet? If so, then OBD Fusion is the app for you!

OBD Fusion is a vehicle diagnostics tool that connects to OBD-II and EOBD vehicles. Not sure if your vehicle is OBD-2, EOBD or JOBD compliant? See this page for more information: https://www.obdsoftware.net/support/kno ... compliant/. OBD Fusion works with some JOBD compliant vehicles and in some cases requires modifications to the connection settings in the app. Please contact us for more information.

You must have a compatible scan tool to use this software. For recommended scan tools, see our website https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/obdfusion. Please note that cheap ELM clone adapters can be unreliable. OBD Fusion can connect to any ELM 327 compatible adapter, but the cheap clone adapters tend to have slow refresh rates and might disconnect randomly.

OBD Fusion for Android is brought to you by OCTech, LLC, the developers of TouchScan and OBDwiz for Windows and OBDLink for Android. Now you can get the same great features for your phone or tablet.

OBD Fusion has the following features:

• Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes and your Check Engine Light (MIL/CEL)
• Real-time dashboard display with heads up display (HUD) option
• Real-time graphing
• Fuel economy MPG, MPG (UK), l/100km or km/l calculation
• Create custom enhanced PIDs
• Includes some built-in enhanced PIDs for Ford and GM vehicles including engine misfires, transmission temp, and oil temp.
• Multiple trip meters for tracking fuel economy, fuel usage, and distance
• Customizable dashboards with fast dashboard switching
• Log data to CSV format and export for viewing in any spreadsheet application
• Display battery voltage
• Display Engine Torque, Engine Power, Turbo Boost pressure, and air-to-fuel (A/F) ratio (vehicle must support the required PIDs)
• Read freeze frame data
• English, Imperial, and Metric units that are fully customizable
• Over 150 supported PIDs
• Displays vehicle information including VIN number and calibration ID
• Emissions readiness for each US state
• Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
• On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
• In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
• GPS tracking - plot vehicle parameters on a map in real-time
• Full diagnostic report that can be stored and emailed
• Option to select the connected ECU
• Built-in database of fault code definitions
• Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE*, USB**, Automatic Adapter Gen 2***, and Wi-Fi**** scan tool support

* Currently works with the LELink device. Your Android device must have Bluetooth LE support and be running Android 4.3 or newer.
** You must have a tablet with USB host support to connect using a USB device. Only FTDI USB devices are supported.
*** OBD Fusion with the Automatic adapter is currently limited to reading SAE PID data only.
**** Only Wi-Fi scan tools that support infrastructure mode will work with Android devices.

WHAT'S NEW

- Added support for importing user PIDs from a CSV file.
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when editing gauge styles.

This app has no advertisements

More Info:
Code: Select allhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=OCTech.Mobile.Applications.TouchScan&hl=en

Download Instructions:
https://dailyuploads.net/i3uuppvu05q2

Mirror:
(Closed Filehost) http://uploads.to/wpn6bupuosv1
(Closed Filehost) http://uploadocean.com/v5urm6v3zpln
Jan 18th, 2017, 10:12 am

Jan 19th, 2017, 12:46 am
I get Application not licensed, this one not fully patched as well.
Jan 19th, 2017, 12:46 am
Jan 20th, 2017, 10:52 am
It seems to run (opposite to the previous release) on my Android 4.2.2 phone, without restrictions?
When does the 'license' message show up? I played with settings and overlay screens and all worked fine.
Jan 20th, 2017, 10:52 am
Jan 20th, 2017, 9:35 pm
After it starts up, I see the message right away. Clicking off of it does get me to main page but clicking any functions brings back the error.

In Airplane mode
Jan 20th, 2017, 9:35 pm
Jan 21st, 2017, 10:19 am
I just tried my own copy again w/wo WLAN; it does not pop up errors, allows access to all menus.
Have you tried to completely remove this app? Empty its data and cache, deinstall, reboot and check that \Data\data\OCTech.. and \mnt\asec\OCTech... empty and gone), followed by a reinstallation
I am not expert, but these methods have helped me in some other stubborn cases.

This app appears to be very similar to the more popular Torque tools, which I still prefer over any other OBD2 control software, despite its own quirks.
Jan 21st, 2017, 10:19 am
Jan 29th, 2017, 9:15 am
I tried reinstalling, same error. Since my current phone is 6.0 and not rooted, I can't access data. I will give it a try on my old phone with 4.2.2 and report back.
Jan 29th, 2017, 9:15 am
Jan 29th, 2017, 10:51 am
Just for the record:
I tried to install this apk on my AN1 smartphone watch (Android 4.1). It DID pop this license/network error message whenever trying to run it, with and without an internet connection. I did not try any trickery with LuckyPatcher etc, just removed this app again.

So something appears to wrong with this patched package.
Not sure why it works on my NEO phone, really odd.
Jan 29th, 2017, 10:51 am
Jan 30th, 2017, 3:47 am
Thanks for your tests. So far I tried it on Android 4.3, 5.1 and 6.0: all give the license/network error message whenever trying to run it. Was hoping to test this out.

I have TorquePro and it work but I found out it has some type of rounding/smooving feature that messes up live o2b1s1 pid data viewing. Car Gauge pro shows a much better real data.
Jan 30th, 2017, 3:47 am
Jan 30th, 2017, 9:59 am
I am stuck with Torque for many years, although it has a nasty MPG calculation bug I could never resolve:
if RESTARTING the engine (and OBD connection) the real time fuel consumption drops to '0' when idling or driving downhill or in neutral (NO, my car does not shut off fuel when coasting). Only if the actual flow exceeds around 5ltr/100km the app would sense flow rates again. These periods of pseudo zero consumption ruin all statistics. I could never figure out why the OBD2 connection could affect such a behavior when simply reconnecting to the dongle?

Mystic, but then these OBD2 tools ARE a neat addition to smartphones, no doubt.
I fiddle with each one as it becomes available here.

The coolest thing: most of these apps work on my smartwatch ("AN1", QVGA screen) - how amazing is this: a small watch measuring and recording driving information and MPG wirelessly?!
Jan 30th, 2017, 9:59 am