From Tom Sawyer to Harry Potter to Katniss Everdeen, the novels that made us fans of books and of the words within.
May 28th, 2017, 12:39 pm
2 books by Karleen Bradford (Dear Canada series)
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 10.4 MB | Version: Retail
Overview: I was born in Toronto, Canada, but moved with my parents to Argentina, South America when I was nine. I came back to Canada for University and met my husband, Jim. After graduation, he took a position as a Foreign Service Officer with the Canadian Government. As a result, we spent the next 34 years travelling and living in different parts of the world including Colombia, the United States, England, the Philippines, Brazil, Germany and Puerto Rico. Our family is a real United Nations: my oldest son was born in Canada, my daughter in Colombia and my youngest son in England. We also acquired an American dog and a Brazilian cat along the way, as well as an assortment of other pets. Moving time was always exciting.
Genre: Children's Fiction | History

Image Image

A Country of Our Own: The Confederation Diary of Rosie Dunn, Ottawa, Province of Canada, 1866
As the rest of the country gears up for Confederation, Rosie's life is about to be pulled apart.
It's 1866. The year before Confederation. And the year Rosie's life turns upside-down. She has just gone into service with Mr. Bradley, a civil servant working in Quebec City, the bustling capital of the Province of Canada. When the capital is moved to the rough sawmill town of Ottawa, the Bradleys have to move there too. Rosie will desperately miss her own parents and siblings, and wonders if she will ever have a place in her own family again. Karleen Bradford draws on her own experience as the wife of a diplomat in Ottawa and embassies around the world to craft this authentic portrait of a young girl displaced in the whirlwind of government.

A Desperate Road to Freedom: The Underground Railroad Diary of Julia May Jackson, Virginia to Canada West, 1863-1864
Julia May and her family have done the unthinkable. They have fled from their life of slavery on a tobacco plantation in Virginia and are making their way north, on foot, where they have heard that slaves can be free. The journey takes them through swamps, travelling by night and hiding by day. The diary that Julia May keeps is another act of bravery. Learning to read and write alongside her mistress at the plantation was her own secret and forbidden as a slave. Julia May’s diary records her fears and the extraordinary things she sees during her voyage and keeps her going through the hard times until they are finally free.

Download Instructions:
(Closed Filehost) http://filescdn.com/wsyfbf8rw0ya

Mirror:
(Closed Filehost) http://uploads.to/yored3rdsti7
May 28th, 2017, 12:39 pm