How to Post a Release in the Software Section
Before continuing, please note that you can use the PPCWarez Releaser for easily creating releases. For more info, please go here
1. Search first!
- If your release was already posted here, your release will be deleted.
2. What will not be considered a Software Release.
Do not make seperate releases for codecs and other plug-ins and add-ons (GPS add-ons are an exception). These will not be considered a release. Instead post them in the release of the application they are made for. Mass releases (releases containing more than one application) of software already released will also not be accepted. If you want to post a beta, make sure that the main version of the beta you want to post has not been posted before. If the version you have, is just a different build from the one already posted, it will not count as a release (for example: if version 2.1 build 12 beta has already been posted version 2.1 beta 14 will not count as a release, but if you have version 2.2 it will count as a release).
3. Still here? Ok, read on...Be sure when you are posting a release to include the following:
for the software you are posting (Pocket PC 2000, 2002, 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5)
of your release including what the software does, and what are the highlights (you can copy and paste an overview from another website such as pocketgear.com if you want to).
of the software in action.
* More Info
Link to the developer's homepage of the software you are releasing
* Download Instructions
on how to download the software (download link) and how it should be installed.
Here is an example of a properly formatted release: viewtopic.php?p=79700#79700
Here is the message body for it:
[u]Requirements:[/u] Pocket PC 2002, 2003 or 2003 SE Edition
[u]Overview:[/u] Have on Today screen ALL the Shortcuts you want. Phone Calls, Files, Programs, Settings everything with the images chosen by you.
* Create all shortcuts on your Today Screen to easly access,
- Phone calls,
- Internet links
* Apply any image you to your shortcut, including photos!
* Add "fingertip taps" to your Today Screen
* Make a phone call with only one tap
* Test the shortcuts before applying to Today Screen
* Manage several configurations from 1 to 42 shortcuts each
* Manage your images layout on your Today Screen
* Save and restore configurations
* Find "How to ..." on the Help tool
[u]Download Instructions:[/u] Full install, no registration necessary. Retail.
* The break
command which you see in the templates is important. If you have more than one image, use the break command after the first image
. After the break command, you may continue with additional images.
* Do not put any additional spaces (empty lines) in your release- use the template format. This is important for content to display correctly on the homepage.
* Upload your files somewhere, DON'T POST DOWNLOAD LINKS TO/FROM OTHER FORUMS
. If you do, your links will be removed. You can use any online file hosting website to store your files (rapidshare.com, megaupload.com, depositfiles.com, etc.). You are also required to have a copy of the file(s) from your release so that if the file(s) you uploaded expire/get deleted you are able to reupload them.
* Software packages containing multiple software which have already been released and only regrouped according to a common trait are forbidden. If you wish to release a special software package that has been specially organized in what you find to be a very useful way, pm a mod to get permission to post it. Otherwise, an unauthorized software/game package with all of its contents already existing in posted releases will be deleted.
* Only direct links to filehosts will be accepted. In other words do not post a link to a secondary page that will display the link(s) (and show ads or list multiple links at the same time). Just post that link.
* If you still are not sure how to format your release, look at other posts in the forums. Use the preview button until you get your post to look right.
Thank you for posting!(\_/) Tap here to go to an application to assist you in making a proper release.
(O.o) Continue tour: How to make a proper request.
(> <) Back to begin of tour