Speculative fiction, alternative worlds, futuristic, supernatural, horror
Jun 17th, 2017, 8:14 pm
The Greenwood Chronicles (1-5): A LitRPG Saga by Galen Wolf
Requirements: ePUB / MOBI Reader, 1.9MB
Overview: The Greenwood is a virtual reality MMO. There is a lot of humor with larger than life (some awful) characters. The stories are full of action, PVP, dungeon delving and army level combat. They also don't take themselves too seriously and promise no uplifting moral points.

The hero Barcud is a ranger who levels up and makes friends, builds towns, leads armies, engages in PVP.
Other notable characters are the psychopathic Harald Runesmith, a crafter of runes.
The shifty thief Jimmy the Zit.
The wise Druid, Rohan.
Black Metal Loving Ajora who transforms into a polar bear for combat.
The flamboyant and powerful killer bard Romeo el Mejor.
Genre: Fiction; Fantasy

#1 - A Player in the Greenwood
Who I am in real life doesn't matter; who I am in the game is what counts.

Before it happened, I bumbled my way through the virtual reality massively multiplayer online role-playing game "The Greenwood," made crap builds and wasted my time.

Then I got murdered. A shadowy figure took my hard-accumulated possessions and left me to die. I admit, I did a rage quit and deleted my character.

Then I wondered what kind of person that rage quit made me? Maybe I was a quitter? And maybe I really was someone who would let a bully get away with disrespecting me?

But then again, no: I respected myself too much for that. I rolled a new character, I vowed to get good and re-entered The Greenwood.

I took on the name Barcud and the profession of ranger. I vowed to rise through the levels, hone my skills, hunt down the shadowy figure, and grind his face in the dirt.

This is my story.

#2 - The Runesmith
A Bad Man Gets Badder

My name is Harald Runestorm. In real life, I help children with their homework and volunteer in a library project for homeless refugees (due to a probation order), but in my spare time, I log into the World of the Greenwood and kill people for fun.

Sometimes I torture them too, and I generally rob them, but other days I stay in my tower and craft things.

One day, from a shady informant, I heard about a shipment of ore going through the woods. It seemed the Druids Guild was taking its gold diggings to market, so I thought I'd take it off them. I've always hated hippies, with their 'respect the woods' and 'pet butterflies' attitude to life. I wanted them to respect my sword and pet my fist. My Runefist that is.

With their face.

I went down to the woods to teach them a lesson about pain and loss. Then I learned a lesson myself.

#3 - War in the Greenwood
Total war is coming bringing hunger, sword and flame.

The game of The Greenwood isn't just life or death, it's far more important than that.

I’m Barcud, Sergeant at Arms of the Rangers’ Guild in the virtual reality RPG, The Greenwood. By taunting our enemies, I’d provoked a war, and now those enemy hordes threatened our very existence. In a race against time, I had to level my village and build up the high stone walls to keep them out.

I knew I had the tricks, I thought I had the guile, and my friends were counting on me. Maybe those weeks playing Total War weren't wasted after all because our foes were many, our allies were few and time was running out.

We devised a cunning strategy, gathered our friends, trained our armies, and waited.

Then they attacked with knights, beast-men, warlocks, sorcerers and their orc allies, unleashing War in the Greenwood.

#4 - The Bard
Romeo el Mejor, claims he’s the best bard in the The Greenwood and his enemies know his music and drama are deadly.

Colorfully attired and given to theatrical gestures, Romeo is about to put on a play when the Queen of Summer appears. But what could a goddess want with him?

Turns out she has a secret errand only he can fulfill, but to complete it he needs to risk his game life. Romeo has to enter a mysterious dungeon run by a shadowy figure, and get something back. Trouble is he doesn't even know where the find the dungeon.

In return, she promises him a +10 boost to all stats for a month, and who could turn that down?

The Queen of Summer is also remarkably pretty.

Or is she?

#5 - Plague in the Greenwood
I’m Barcud, a Level 14 Ranger, and I thought we’d got them beat.

Our enemies were besieged behind their high city walls and everything was going very right.

Until it went very wrong.

High up from the back of my eagle, I saw the Greenwood turn black and dead. But it wasn’t just the trees that died; bears, foxes and wolves succumbed to the plague, then came back as something worse. In the villages and towns, the dead rose from their graves and went hunting fresh meat.

The zombie apocalypse was unleashed.

Our siege camp was threatened and victory was slipping through our fingers. Before all was lost, I knew I had to step up and search out the secret source of the zombie plague.

Aided by a runesmith, a thief, a bard and a wizard, I raced against time to find the mystery of the plague and defeat the wicked intelligence spreading it.

But in the end I realized victory meant taking on the gods themselves.

Download Instructions:
(Closed Filehost) https://hulkload.com/2lifb42yntvo
https://uploadrar.com/8yudf8oj8muy
Jun 17th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Please use the new reupload feature on the bottom of this post preferably when both links no longer work.

You must use the button and not a private message.