[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post: #1 | Post subject: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 pm 
VIP
User avatar

Posts: 235
WRZ$: 819.80

Device: Not Specified
The ebook that is posted in the new release section titled (I hope this is not taken as profanity on my behalf , this is the title ) CuntBlood Wars. :shock: by Stephen King. I checked his website and googled it and can't find anywhere that King takes credit for writing this 8 page "teaser". Personally I think that the writing and and overall content is quite amateur and not anything like Stephen King, even after his accident ( and I do think there is a a hint of change post accident) But this story.....sheesh, I actually delelted it from my ereader so my kids would not read it. So my main question is .......Is this a book from THE Stephen King, or maybe someone using his name to get people to pay attention to the book. Anyone????? :? :?




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: Advertisement
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 pm 
The Advertiser

Posts:
Location: Mobilism

Top
  
 
 Post: #2 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 pm 
eBook Moderator
User avatar

Posts: 5863
Location: Kansas?
WRZ$: 40774.90

Device: iPhone 5S/iPad 2
OS: iOS6
No, Amazon has already removed it from their site.

_________________
Check ALL links before PMing me.
Tusfiles: click "Direct Download Link" AFTER unchecking the download manager

Image




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #3 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 pm 
VIP
User avatar

Posts: 235
WRZ$: 819.80

Device: Not Specified
Great, I was a tad worried.... thanks for the info, I have deleted it from everything.....yuck now I will have to take a shower to wash off the nasty film it left.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #4 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm 
eBook Moderator
User avatar

Posts: 5863
Location: Kansas?
WRZ$: 40774.90

Device: iPhone 5S/iPad 2
OS: iOS6
I understand. I figure the mods caught on to the ruse here as well and permanently deleted the topic.

_________________
Check ALL links before PMing me.
Tusfiles: click "Direct Download Link" AFTER unchecking the download manager

Image




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #5 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm 
User avatar

Posts: 174
WRZ$: 5036.60
Yes I am sorry for my "ruse" I was just looking at his books on Amazon yesterday and found it and thought you all would like a new Stephen King Short story I assumed that it was his and I am now informed it was not. No I did not read it yet as others asked me I was just trying to share. I appreciate the kind pms and questions I got about it. I did not appreciate the pms where I was treated like a moron. I guess some people never make mistakes and are born perfect I am not one of them.
His brand new short story I have purchased and have shared.
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=382702

_________________
Image
If a link dies you can pm me or ask if one of our fine members can reup. Sharing is caring.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #6 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 pm 
eBook Moderator
User avatar

Posts: 5863
Location: Kansas?
WRZ$: 40774.90

Device: iPhone 5S/iPad 2
OS: iOS6
linusnc wrote:
Yes I am sorry for my "ruse" I was just looking at his books on Amazon yesterday and found it and thought you all would like a new Stephen King Short story I assumed that it was his and I am now informed it was not. No I did not read it yet as others asked me I was just trying to share. I appreciate the kind pms and questions I got about it. I did not appreciate the pms where I was treated like a moron. I guess some people never make mistakes and are born perfect I am not one of them.
His brand new short story I have purchased and have shared.
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=382702


I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself. Because clearly like Amazon noticed, something wasn't right.

_________________
Check ALL links before PMing me.
Tusfiles: click "Direct Download Link" AFTER unchecking the download manager

Image




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #7 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 pm 
User avatar

Posts: 174
WRZ$: 5036.60
mesquite wrote:
linusnc wrote:
Yes I am sorry for my "ruse" I was just looking at his books on Amazon yesterday and found it and thought you all would like a new Stephen King Short story I assumed that it was his and I am now informed it was not. No I did not read it yet as others asked me I was just trying to share. I appreciate the kind pms and questions I got about it. I did not appreciate the pms where I was treated like a moron. I guess some people never make mistakes and are born perfect I am not one of them.
His brand new short story I have purchased and have shared.
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=382702


I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself.

I know that.

_________________
Image
If a link dies you can pm me or ask if one of our fine members can reup. Sharing is caring.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #8 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:49 pm 
eBook Moderator
User avatar

Posts: 5863
Location: Kansas?
WRZ$: 40774.90

Device: iPhone 5S/iPad 2
OS: iOS6
linusnc wrote:
mesquite wrote:
I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself.

I know that.


Thanks for understanding. It is curious though how an infringing piece of work was able to slip through to Amazon and other book sellers.

_________________
Check ALL links before PMing me.
Tusfiles: click "Direct Download Link" AFTER unchecking the download manager

Image




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #9 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:03 pm 
User avatar

Posts: 174
WRZ$: 5036.60
mesquite wrote:
linusnc wrote:
mesquite wrote:
I'm not implying you posted it as a "ruse", just the book itself.

I know that.


Thanks for understanding. It is curious though how an infringing piece of work was able to slip through to Amazon and other book sellers.


evidently it is all my fault :)

_________________
Image
If a link dies you can pm me or ask if one of our fine members can reup. Sharing is caring.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #10 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 pm 
eBook Moderator
User avatar

Posts: 5863
Location: Kansas?
WRZ$: 40774.90

Device: iPhone 5S/iPad 2
OS: iOS6
But it isn't cause I guarantee you a lot of other people thought the same. Trust me. If I was a Stephen King fan I'd probably have done the same thing so no worries about who is at fault here except for the people responsible for selling it.

Image

_________________
Check ALL links before PMing me.
Tusfiles: click "Direct Download Link" AFTER unchecking the download manager

Image




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #11 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 pm 
User avatar

Posts: 174
WRZ$: 5036.60
You are a breath of fresh air :)

_________________
Image
If a link dies you can pm me or ask if one of our fine members can reup. Sharing is caring.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #12 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 pm 

Posts: 10
WRZ$: 53.00
You can't get away with using Stephen King's name. However if you want to call yourself Steven King and put out books your good to go.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #13 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 pm 
eBook Moderator
User avatar

Posts: 5863
Location: Kansas?
WRZ$: 40774.90

Device: iPhone 5S/iPad 2
OS: iOS6
outdupp wrote:
You can't get away with using Stephen King's name. However if you want to call yourself Steven King and put out books your good to go.


it seems they did for a little bit but in the end got caught.

_________________
Check ALL links before PMing me.
Tusfiles: click "Direct Download Link" AFTER unchecking the download manager

Image




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #14 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:26 pm 

Posts: 10
WRZ$: 53.00
mesquite wrote:
outdupp wrote:
You can't get away with using Stephen King's name. However if you want to call yourself Steven King and put out books your good to go.


it seems they did for a little bit but in the end got caught.


That was in reference to someone who is calling themselves Steven King that released a book called Tit For Tat.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post: #15 | Post subject: Re: Is this really by Stephen King???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 pm 
eBook Moderator
User avatar

Posts: 5863
Location: Kansas?
WRZ$: 40774.90

Device: iPhone 5S/iPad 2
OS: iOS6
I know they did, referring to the earlier book.

_________________
Check ALL links before PMing me.
Tusfiles: click "Direct Download Link" AFTER unchecking the download manager

Image




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Search for:


All content © 2006-2011 Mobilism. Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms & conditions | Copyright policy
Powered by ServerBlast and phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group