[ 2 posts ] 
 Post: #1 | Post subject: Complete Lyonesse Trilogy by Jack Vance (.EPUB)(.MOBI)(.PDF)
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:51 pm 
Major eBook Releaser

WRZ$: 78312.70

Device: Nokia N72
Complete Lyonesse Trilogy by Jack Vance (Omnibus Edition)
Requirements: EPUB/MOBI/PDF Reader, 9.4 MB
Overview: The Lyonesse Trilogy is a group of three fantasy novels by Jack Vance, set in the European Dark Ages, in the mythical Elder Isles west of France and southwest of Britain, a generation or two before the birth of King Arthur. An Atlantis theme haunts the story, as do numerous references to Arthurian mythology.
Some place names and concepts, such as references to sandestins as magical creatures that do the actual work of carrying out a magician’s spells, are shared between Lyonesse and Vance’s Dying Earth series, suggesting that the two worlds may be linked.
Vance makes no pretence of historical accuracy. The society depicted is in general of the later Middle Ages, with trading cogs plying the seas, knights engaged in jousting and following the fully developed Code of Chivalry, and royal courts dancing the pavane and cotillon ? all of which would be gross anachronisms when assumed to take place in the 5th Century. In this Vance in fact followed the conventions of the original Arthurian tales, which depicted the society of their own time rather than that of the historical King Arthur.
Genre: Fantasy

Download Instructions:
Rapidgator

Mirror:
HugeFiles

Last edited by Geminith7 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:51 pm 
The Advertiser

Post: #2 | Post subject: Re: Complete Lyonesse Trilogy by Jack Vance (.EPUB)(.MOBI)(.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:01 pm 

WRZ$: 50.30
Jack Vance died this week. He was a giant, right up there with Zelazny or Heinlein.

Offline Profile  

[ 2 posts ]